2018-2019 Application Thread

Leo9

Just now, mliliu said:

no update yet. keep checking my application portal from time to time. I hope there is something new tomorrow.

lol same. Although im a bit more frantic than your time to time portal checking. im checking mine every free minutes or so. 

I also hope there is something new tomorrow!

So seeing as its after 9 EST, I guess the rest of Virginia decisions will come out tomorrow?

Honestly this is all confusing seeing as they sent out a whole load of both rejections/waitlists and a few acceptances, but a bunch of folks are still without answers. 

1 hour ago, dreamschoolcometrue said:

There is a  Colorado Boulder acceptance appearing on the survey section. Is there any other CU claimant? My application status is still submitted. Nervous! 

I also just see submitted on the application portal but there are now two acceptances. Any updates or claimants?

Also one of the Boulder acceptances is dated for the 31st.... EDIT: it seems like that student is an international student so that actually makes sense. 

Edited by as2472
Clarification

43 minutes ago, Dwar said:

So seeing as its after 9 EST, I guess the rest of Virginia decisions will come out tomorrow?

Honestly this is all confusing seeing as they sent out a whole load of both rejections/waitlists and a few acceptances, but a bunch of folks are still without answers. 

Let's just hope for the best.

48 minutes ago, as2472 said:

I also just see submitted on the application portal but there are now two acceptances. Any updates or claimants?

Also one of the Boulder acceptances is dated for the 31st.... EDIT: it seems like that student is an international student so that actually makes sense. 

Given the small number of acceptance that CU offers, I guess it is better to  view it as rejection, I guess. Sad

Just now, yubs89 said:

I just called UVA and Sharon Marsh, Graduate Assistant, said that they already notified all of the admitted and waitlisted applicants.

So then if I haven't heard anything then I should assume its a rejection?

2 minutes ago, yubs89 said:

Unless she is wrong, most likely...

I just got an email from her saying that my decision should be released and I should be able to see it, yet there has been no new update on my application portal.

Does a decision space appear on the portal?

Its on the Applycentral website, right?

Edited by Dwar

1 minute ago, Dwar said:

I just got an email from her saying that my decision should be released and I should be able to see it, yet there has been no new update on my application portal.

nothing for me as well.

2 minutes ago, Dwar said:

Yup, on the top!

After some emailing back and forth with the grad coordinator it seems that there were two batches, one before 5 and one after. 

She said that my application portal should update today as I was part of the after 5 PM batch. So I guess there is still hope?????