2018-2019 Application Thread

Leo9

On 2/1/2019 at 2:02 PM, trinityshot said:

UNC is me. I got a call, I'm not sure if the rest are coming out today or not. I've been to a couple of the POI's talks on my campus, and he said they like to give the news in "person" to people they know.

Congratulations! What's your subfield?

Anybody claiming Washington in Seattle and, if so, what's your subfield? I saw something on the results feed, but my application portal still only says submitted

EDIT: apologies if the subfield is on the results page! It won't load for me at all so I can't go back and check ?

Edited by as2472
clarification

15 minutes ago, TheBunny said:

The uncertainty from Brown University will kill me because of anxiety.. rrrrrr 

I applied to theory at Brown and was not among the four. So I can only hope for a waitlist now...

16 minutes ago, Theory007 said:

I applied to theory at Brown and was not among the four. So I can only hope for a waitlist now...

I and another friend applied for the IR track, and I saw a person who got admitted to the IR track, as well so I am super anxious. I liked Brown a lot so I want to get in :(

Because all I'm capable of thinking about at this point is admissions, and last week wasn't as full as I had anticipated, here is a list of some schools that we're expected to hear about within the next week, It looks like it's gonna be big. 

Schools that according to last year we should've heard from by now:

Emory -- looks like 2 waves of rejections have gone out so far, but no interviews or acceptances yet (typically first full week of Feb)

Northwestern (if there's anything left)?

Penn State (usually out by now but has taken as long as to Feb 9)

Duke (came approx Feb 6 in 2017 so I'll be really surprised if there's nothing soon)

UC Davis (Came late Jan both 2018 and 17)

NYU  (almost always 1st week of Feb)

UCSD (almost always 1st week of Feb) 

Schools that came out in the first (full) week of February last year: 

UCLA (almost always 1st week of Feb) 

Michigan (usually around Feb 10-13 but has been as late as Feb 17)

WashU St Louis (has been as late as Feb 14, but usually around Feb 7)

UNC (some have gone out already, so I'm fairly confident these will be out this week)

11 minutes ago, tjdnv37vz said:

Anyone hear back from Princeton, specifically the theory track?

Princeton unofficial (and by that I mean pretty official, but just form the department instead of the grad school) notifications have gone out to at least American, CP, and IR. Not sure if theory had gone out or not, but I'd say it's more likely that it has than it hasn't. 

The first University of Kentucky acceptance entered into the results page is me. I also have an interview this week with Arizona State University and have a rejection from Ohio State. It appears Arizona State usually gets the results out shortly after interviews (which are M-W this upcoming week, at least for whatever grouping I'm in) so I would expect ASU results to come out this week as well. I just wish CUNY gave results earlier! There and University of Cincinnati are the only two I'll have left and I don't expect results from either for at least a month. 

27 minutes ago, Tedmonkey said:

The first University of Kentucky acceptance entered into the results page is me. I also have an interview this week with Arizona State University and have a rejection from Ohio State. It appears Arizona State usually gets the results out shortly after interviews (which are M-W this upcoming week, at least for whatever grouping I'm in) so I would expect ASU results to come out this week as well. I just wish CUNY gave results earlier! There and University of Cincinnati are the only two I'll have left and I don't expect results from either for at least a month. 

Congrats on the Kentucky admit! 

I actually didn't apply to any Political Science PhD programs, but my friend did and I'm trying to stay in the loop on this thread on his behalf. He applied to Princeton, Harvard, Cornell, Notre Dame, Brown, and Yale on the theory track and apparently hasn't heard from anywhere yet. Does that sound about right? 

3 hours ago, eggsalad14 said:

Because all I'm capable of thinking about at this point is admissions, and last week wasn't as full as I had anticipated, here is a list of some schools that we're expected to hear about within the next week, It looks like it's gonna be big. 

Schools that according to last year we should've heard from by now:

Emory -- looks like 2 waves of rejections have gone out so far, but no interviews or acceptances yet (typically first full week of Feb)

Northwestern (if there's anything left)?

Penn State (usually out by now but has taken as long as to Feb 9)

Duke (came approx Feb 6 in 2017 so I'll be really surprised if there's nothing soon)

UC Davis (Came late Jan both 2018 and 17)

NYU  (almost always 1st week of Feb)

UCSD (almost always 1st week of Feb) 

Schools that came out in the first (full) week of February last year: 

UCLA (almost always 1st week of Feb) 

Michigan (usually around Feb 10-13 but has been as late as Feb 17)

WashU St Louis (has been as late as Feb 14, but usually around Feb 7)

UNC (some have gone out already, so I'm fairly confident these will be out this week)

Thanks! Any idea about UChicago?

1 minute ago, PonchoVilla said:

Thanks! Any idea about UChicago?

Last year was Feb 12 (excluding those with connections), but now that I look into it historically it's usually the first full week of February (around the 2-7th ish). I wouldn't be surprised if those came out this week too.

54 minutes ago, eggsalad14 said:

Last year was Feb 12 (excluding those with connections), but now that I look into it historically it's usually the first full week of February (around the 2-7th ish). I wouldn't be surprised if those came out this week too.

thanks!

2 hours ago, tjdnv37vz said:

I actually didn't apply to any Political Science PhD programs, but my friend did and I'm trying to stay in the loop on this thread on his behalf. He applied to Princeton, Harvard, Cornell, Notre Dame, Brown, and Yale on the theory track and apparently hasn't heard from anywhere yet. Does that sound about right? 

Harvard did not release results yet and it will not be releasing the results until mid or late February. Brown released some results, at least for theory track, but other tracks did not release anything yet. I did not see any Cornell and Yale acceptance or rejection yet so they still have time. 

On 2/1/2019 at 9:32 PM, TheBunny said:

Does anyone claim Brown University acceptance into IR track? It says that they got accepted over e-mail. I checked the application page and it only says submitted. Is it safe to assume rejection?

Hi! I'm sorry for the delay. I posted the Brown acceptance (IR track). I received an email from the director of the IR program on Feb 1. My application page only says submitted. Best of luck with all of the apps!

11 minutes ago, Pillcopata said:

Hi! I'm sorry for the delay. I posted the Brown acceptance (IR track). I received an email from the director of the IR program on Feb 1. My application page only says submitted. Best of luck with all of the apps!

Congrats! Out of sheer curiosity (I neither am in IR nor applied to Brown), did your email have any indication of the # of people admitted, as the theory email apparently did? 

40 minutes ago, eggsalad14 said:

Congrats! Out of sheer curiosity (I neither am in IR nor applied to Brown), did your email have any indication of the # of people admitted, as the theory email apparently did? 

Thank you -- four 

Is there anyone who's still waiting to hear back from UIUC?

Acceptance have already released several weeks ago and rejections were sent several days before. I think it's likely that we have been waitlisted?!

3 hours ago, tjdnv37vz said:

Oh hey, I am pretty sure I know your friend! We are both from the Oregon coast!

12 hours ago, Bosco said:

Is there anyone who's still waiting to hear back from UIUC?

Acceptance have already released several weeks ago and rejections were sent several days before. I think it's likely that we have been waitlisted?!

I got an email on 1/28 saying I was waitlisted at UIUC in AP. It's possible they're still sending waitlist emails, but you may want to check in tomorrow.