2018-2019 Application Thread

Leo9

17 minutes ago, blueoctober said:

I cannot lay honest claim to having stellar grades in my math coursework, but I did take real analysis and some statistics classes. 

Would you be doing PE/applied micro if you went there? Also, with real analysis, what motivated apps to Poli Sci over Econ?

Has anyone heard anything about funding yet from Berkeley? The other UCs I applied to included funding info with the official admissions notification (thankfully!), but Berkeley sent out results 2 weeks ago now and I still haven't seen anything on funding.

1 hour ago, nerokoala said:

Would you be doing PE/applied micro if you went there? Also, with real analysis, what motivated apps to Poli Sci over Econ?

I would be doing PE, I think (though things are naturally still a bit up in the air at the moment).

Polisci over econ because of the research questions which interest me. Also find econ to be a bit constricting in terms of methods and frameworks. 

1 hour ago, upsy said:

Has anyone heard anything about funding yet from Berkeley? The other UCs I applied to included funding info with the official admissions notification (thankfully!), but Berkeley sent out results 2 weeks ago now and I still haven't seen anything on funding.

I definitely haven't. My POI did say that I didn't have to worry about negotiation though and that they were very flexible to matching other offers.

3 hours ago, eggsalad14 said:

Anyone have news from Washington University in saint Louis? There's only one thing this year on the survey page and it's about time we've heard from them. 

Insider information(not me)

Admits were out on Monday.

8 minutes ago, mliliu said:

Should I assume that I am rejected by UCLA if I haven't heard nothing from it until now?

These kinds of questions are hard for people to answer. We are all pretty much in the same boat in terms of the information we have. If you didn't receive an acceptance, then your chances are probably lower, yes. But you can't know until you know. You know?

Just now, eggsalad14 said:

It could possibly just be Americanists. Of the 3 admissions I know, they're all Americanists and the email was from an Americanist. 

Ahh, okay, I thought you were comparative. Thanks for the info, and congrats again.

57 minutes ago, trinityshot said:

In at Stanford. American/methods

Big congrats! May you tell us where else did you get into? I am also an Americanist and I am being waitlisted at a few schools. So I figure I might be the back up plans for you guys in case you guys decline the offers!