Jump to content
Leo9

2018-2019 Application Thread

Recommended Posts

Also, does anyone have advice on overlapping visit days? Columbia is my top choice but is at the same time as a visit day I already registered for (and they already bought flight tickets for me as well).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2019 at 1:28 PM, Corsette said:

Is anyone else still waiting on a decision from the University of Pittsburgh? It looks like rejections, waitlist, and acceptances have been going out. 

Hey man, I am still waiting for my Pitt decision for F19 SCAE M.Ed as well so don't fret, It was my only application I submitted for F19 and my top choice, so don't fret. I got rejected for Hunter College's MFA in Poetry last spring so all I can say is keep the faith and keep an eye on your phone, email and mailbox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so I just went up and spoke to them (Columbia) and they said they will be rolling out admits/declines over the next two weeks. I tried to pry more but she wasn't having it.  I did confirm though that it is not sent by subfield - she input them in "the system" and the "the system" sent them usually within 24 hours and all decisions had not been made - she was inputting as she received them.  I think all of our assumptions based on previous years are deeply flawed... :)

Edited by taraeh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, taraeh said:

Ok so I just went up and spoke to them (Columbia) and they said they will be rolling out admits/declines over the next two weeks. I tried to pry more but she wasn't having it.  I did confirm though that it is not sent by subfield - she input them in "the system" and the "the system" sent them usually within 24 hours and all decisions had not been made - she was inputting as she received them.  I think all of our assumptions based on previous years are deeply flawed... :)

what. 

So it might be two weeks before The System tells me my fate?  Nooooooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, taraeh said:

Ok so I just went up and spoke to them (Columbia) and they said they will be rolling out admits/declines over the next two weeks. I tried to pry more but she wasn't having it.  I did confirm though that it is not sent by subfield - she input them in "the system" and the "the system" sent them usually within 24 hours and all decisions had not been made - she was inputting as she received them.  I think all of our assumptions based on previous years are deeply flawed... :)

Thank you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, peggy.olson said:

Also, does anyone have advice on overlapping visit days? Columbia is my top choice but is at the same time as a visit day I already registered for (and they already bought flight tickets for me as well).

Are they in the same vicinity? Some of my schools have mentioned (just in the invitation email, without me asking) that it's typical for students to travel between schools during a few day's visit, and that schools are accustomed to, e.g., splitting travel costs. If not, schools also often allow students to arrange alternate visits, and many still cover travel costs (though, if they lodge admits with grad students, you might need to get a hotel if visiting at a different time, which they may not cover). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:28 PM, Corsette said:

Is anyone else still waiting on a decision from the University of Pittsburgh? It looks like rejections, waitlist, and acceptances have been going out. 

I'm still waiting to hear from both Pitt and Northwestern. It's very nerve-wracking to be at the end of the queue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, StormingTheCastle said:

I'm still waiting to hear from both Pitt and Northwestern. It's very nerve-wracking to be at the end of the queue.

Damn right, I emailed the grad enrollment officer I talked to at Pitt when I applied, I'll comment what he says. Apparently, some applicants didn't hear back from Pitt until Mid-March for acceptances/rejections, so yeah it's nerve season for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Damnit Columbia just end me already! Put me out of my misery!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, tjdnv37vz said:

Can anyone corroborate this?

I applied to Chicago - haven't heard anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

19 minutes ago, tjdnv37vz said:

Can anyone corroborate this?

Some people in the results section have claimed acceptance, keep in mind there is a high chance to be deferred to the MAPSS program.  I'm still awaiting my decision, but mine should be a reject without question, but I applied for the MAPSS deferral since the coordinator recommended that route and the application was free. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, tjdnv37vz said:

Can anyone corroborate this?

 

31 minutes ago, thephaeron said:

I applied to Chicago - haven't heard anything

I've been accepted, as have several others on here. Official acceptances from the dean have also gone out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pscwpv said:

 

I've been accepted, as have several others on here. Official acceptances from the dean have also gone out.

Ditto, for me Chicago came out almost 3 weeks ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.