2019 GEM Fellowship

Teaching Faculty Wannabe

14 hours ago, K Alex said:

well i've been matched since the beginning im guessing everyone else was on held ><

Same. I've been matched since day 1 and nothing ever happened. At this point, I'm just waiting for details around the associate fellow process to be released. 

anyone have an idea about if GEM fellowship support online Master degree? i applied to 2 schools online and 2 in campus, and i have been accepted at 2 online schools and got rejected from one of two i applied to on campus. however i haven't received anything so far from either schools regarding sponsor me?    

On 3/21/2019 at 12:15 PM, IceCream & MatSci said:

I didn't receive any emails about it either :/.

no i did not receive any emails

@TITX I emailed the ones I am waiting on a few weeks back. Most gave no response here either, but the ones who did were direct match programs, and said to directly contact the PIs you are interested in working with rather than the department. What programs are you waiting on, if you don't mind me asking?

@WaliaIbex I just had an interview at Georgia Tech this past Friday and am hoping for good news soon. I also had another interview at JHU a month ago but I heard they started sending acceptances out to some of the other people that were there.. I haven't heard back for JHU but I also haven't been rejected so I'm kinda in limbo.. Other schools I've heard absolutely nothing from are USC and Rice. Also waiting to hear back from Berkeley's MEng program, but probably won't be accepting if offered admission since I have a couple PhD options now..

I want to have all my options finalized so that I can reach out appropriately instead of sending emails to everyone. Don't know if this is a sub-optimal approach.. All the programs I applied to other than Berkeley were for PhDs in Materials Science. 

Edited by TITX