2019 GEM Fellowship

Teaching Faculty Wannabe

Hello everyone! 
Does any know what's going on with GEM?
I haven't heard anything since I accepted my offer for the associate fellowship. 
I sent in all my transcripts, and my headshot. It's just been quiet with no email updates. 

On 6/5/2019 at 11:03 AM, plainpixxel said:

Hello everyone! 
Does any know what's going on with GEM?
I haven't heard anything since I accepted my offer for the associate fellowship. 
I sent in all my transcripts, and my headshot. It's just been quiet with no email updates. 

They had a seminar for the Full Fellows (or maybe everyone, not sure) I believe last week and they said that they are trying to confirm people this week, but it seems like it is taking longer than they thought. We should be getting a letter or something in the mail from them confirming the fellowship. Additionally, I think they are supposed to send out an email when they are finished with the confirmation process.

31 minutes ago, drfigue said:

Congrats!!

I haven’t seen/received anything yet. 

Thank you. I received an email saying that GEM signed my contract. 

On 6/29/2019 at 9:27 PM, drfigue said:

Just saw the email. GEM Fellow also! :D

So i thought i was going to be accepted as an associate fellow because i did not secure an internship position. Surprisingly my GEM page says GEM fellow and employer sponsor has Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. Is it normal to get an employer sponsor without interviewing with them? Is it a possible error from GEM? 

• 5 weeks later...