Fall 2019 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants!

FallGO

28 minutes ago, higaisha said:

FRICKITY FRACK IS MY MOOD ALL JANUARY

Btw y'all, I got rejected after Skype interview by 1 POI at Rye and 1 POI at Queen's. Normalizing rejection! It's nothing to be afraid of, and I encourage people to share their rejections as well as their acceptances and interviews here. Being turned down is part of the process, but you gotta dust yourself off and try again.

I agree! This is my second round applying. I was rejected last year all around. It's all a learning process and most, if not all of us, will receive a rejection this year from at least one school!

56 minutes ago, NeuropsychologyNerd said:

I emailed the psychology graduate secretary and she informed me that the interviews are being held this week (they may have happened already)

Why can't they just let us know these things instead of letting the app status continue to say "under review" ?

School: McGill 

Type: PhD Clinical Psychology 

Date of Invite: Jan 16th, 2019

Type of invite: Email invitation for in-person interview/lab tour

Interview date(s): TBD - Currently arranging with POI :)

Please don't PM for POI. I'd rather not say at this time. Thanks!

Edited by Neurophilic

6 minutes ago, Neurophilic said:

School: McGill 

Type: PhD Clinical Psychology 

Date of Invite: Jan 16th, 2019

Type of invite: Email invitation for in-person interview/lab tour

Interview date(s): TBD - Currently arranging with POI :)

Woot some good news today!! Congrats :) 

45 minutes ago, neurocait said:

Same same! What can ya do 

I'm sorry to hear, pals!!! I love the support that is coming from this page though - the transparency about rejections and successes is helpful. Feels good to have a group to go through this with! It's my second round of applications and it's feeling pretty demoralizing at the moment lol

@higaishaand @neurocait, was the UBC-V, may I ask whether it seemed to be mass email that was sent out? Just bracing myself!!

27 minutes ago, canadianpsych said:

I'm sorry to hear, pals!!! I love the support that is coming from this page though - the transparency about rejections and successes is helpful. Feels good to have a group to go through this with! It's my second round of applications and it's feeling pretty demoralizing at the moment lol

@higaishaand @neurocait, was the UBC-V, may I ask whether it seemed to be mass email that was sent out? Just bracing myself!!

Mass email, subject was personalized tho (i.e., my name). I'm guessing they shot it out en masse, so if you haven't gotten it yet, you might still be in the running. 

29 minutes ago, canadianpsych said:

Had to recheck because its already in my trash folder lol. Like @higaisha said looks to be a mass email but weirdly personalized like you would receive from a business's mailing list 

Edited by neurocait

I lost my nerve and emailed the Queens grad secretary to ask about admissions timelines. ? She's out of office but this is also what her email said: 

Applicants: thank you for your email, Faculty are currently reviewing the admission files and we will contact you directly by the end of February with a decision.

2 hours ago, higaisha said:

FRICKITY FRACK IS MY MOOD ALL JANUARY

Btw y'all, I got rejected after Skype interview by 1 POI at Rye and 1 POI at Queen's. Normalizing rejection! It's nothing to be afraid of, and I encourage people to share their rejections as well as their acceptances and interviews here. Being turned down is part of the process, but you gotta dust yourself off and try again.

Just came down here to say I support THIS WHOLE THING 

Hi all, just came here to echo all the positive vibes about rejections! I myself just received a mass rejection from UBC and although it wasn’t a school I saw myself at, the sting was still there. A reminder that even though we are all stressed during applications, that our psyche is still important!! You guys are all amazing and have something to offer - don’t forget that even if you get a shitty mass e-mail. You chose this stream for a reason and don’t forget it!! Love how we are out here supporting each other - rejection isn’t a sign for you guys to quit and lose hope. If you guys are lookin for a sign that you should keep going - this is it!!!

13 minutes ago, ventiamericano said:

Hi all, just came here to echo all the positive vibes about rejections! I myself just received a mass rejection from UBC and although it wasn’t a school I saw myself at, the sting was still there. A reminder that even though we are all stressed during applications, that our psyche is still important!! You guys are all amazing and have something to offer - don’t forget that even if you get a shitty mass e-mail. You chose this stream for a reason and don’t forget it!! Love how we are out here supporting each other - rejection isn’t a sign for you guys to quit and lose hope. If you guys are lookin for a sign that you should keep going - this is it!!!

Sorry to hear about your rejection but great post!! Support and self-care are very important during application season and seeing messages of hope like this are extremely inspirational!  :) 

Okay so I've been pretty quiet on this forum but just had to post to say that I am loving the transparent and accepting atmosphere we have on here! This process has been cut-throat, and I constantly find myself freaking out and comparing myself to others, which obviously only makes things worse. Being able to come on to this site and have so many people sharing similar feeling and situations helps tremendously. I really appreciate you guys! 

3 hours ago, pearl_lyng said:

I lost my nerve and emailed the Queens grad secretary to ask about admissions timelines. ? She's out of office but this is also what her email said: 

Applicants: thank you for your email, Faculty are currently reviewing the admission files and we will contact you directly by the end of February with a decision.

You are a life-saver! Thank you for letting us know :) I was all anxiety-stricken over here!

14 hours ago, neurocait said:

Why can't they just let us know these things instead of letting the app status continue to say "under review" ?

I agree! I had a hunch about UVic given the Results page, but it would be so much better if we knew. I understand that some of the applicants are still under review/ on waitlist, but I doubt that most are still under consideration. Put me out of my misery sooner rather than later lol  

Hello guys, I applied to Uwaterloo Master clinical psychology program. I haven't heard anything yet, so I think it means a no given that the on-site interview is on Feb. 1. I wonder whether it's still necessary to apply for OGS which is due on Feb 1? I've already said in my app that I will apply for OGS. but I also don't want to waste the time to write the proposal if I will be rejected anyway.. 

31 minutes ago, canadianpsych said:

congrats to whoever received the mcmaster interview invitation! Just wondering if you'd be willing to DM me your POI? :) 

Congrats! Can you DM me as well please?

Edit: Got an email for an interview from my supervisor at Mac as well!

Edited by brainiac6

Have interviewed at Queen's and UNB! Those are the only clinical programs I've applied to this year because of last year was too draining with a bunch of apps, so I'm pretty pleased with this!!

Has anyone heard anything from Queen's post-interview? I interviewed super early January and am getting anxious with the silence.