Fall 2019 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants!

FallGO

36 minutes ago, hdclark said:

I think someone posted that they had their prelim meeting last week and would probably be sending open house invitations this week. I may have worn out my refresh key waiting on this one...

Nice to know I'm not alone in my misery lol, hardest wait thus far--sigh. 

2 hours ago, NorthernBlondie said:

FIRST OFFER OF ADMISSION!! sorry hahah I am freaking out :))))))) PM me for more info

1 hour ago, neocortical.coffee said:

Just got my first acceptance, feeling soooooooo relieved!

Woot woot CONGRATS you two :) !! Nice to see acceptances going out!

12 minutes ago, Mickey_ said:

Has anyone heard from Ottawa or OISE? And is there still a chance for Ryerson if I have not received a rejection? The wait is sooo difficult!

I haven't heard from either school. As for Ryerson, people have been known to get accepted without having been invited to interview day so there is still hope for you!

4 minutes ago, pearl_lyng said:

My York application status has been updated to "Reviewed - unsuccessful". ? Guess that's that for York. 

Oh man, I am so sorry. Hang in there and don't give up!

I am afraid to check mine now.... 

4 hours ago, Mickey_ said:

Has anyone heard from Ottawa or OISE? And is there still a chance for Ryerson if I have not received a rejection? The wait is sooo difficult!

For Ryerson, by this point, even if your POI is not participating in open house, you should have gotten some notice from them (if you're on their shortlist). I would take it as rejection at this point. While its true not all POIs are going to be recruiting at open house, those that aren't have arranged alternate means.

Edited by higaisha

4 hours ago, Mickey_ said:

2 minutes ago, higaisha said:

By this point, even if your POI is not participating in open house, you should have gotten some notice from them (if you're on their shortlist). I would take it as rejection at this point. While its true not all POIs are going to be recruiting at open house, those that aren't have arranged alternate means.

I don't think this is true for OISE. I have spoken with a faculty member at my current institution with close ties to a PI at OISE, and she has informed me that they haven't yet reached out to anyone. They also typically do not do open houses and only do Skype/phone/e-mail interviews, so I think that gives them a little more time when making decisions and reaching out.

Edited by chopper.wife

3 minutes ago, chopper.wife said:

I don't think this is true for OISE. I have spoken with a faculty member at my current institution with close ties to a PI at OISE, and she has informed me that they haven't yet reached out to anyone. They also typically do not do open houses and only do Skype/phone/e-mail interviews, so I think that gives them a little more time when making decisions and reaching out.

Sorry amigo shoulda specified I meant Ryerson lol! No clue whats happening at OISE or ottawa

Edited by higaisha

6 minutes ago, higaisha said:

Sorry amigo shoulda specified I meant Ryerson lol! No clue whats happening at OISE or ottawa

Haha no worries! Just wanting to ease @Mickey_ 's mind about OISE because I'm also in the same boat! 

P.S. is anyone else encountering a bunch of server errors when trying to post on/navigate gradcafe? 

Edited by chopper.wife

4 minutes ago, chopper.wife said:

Haha no worries! Just wanting to ease @Mickey_ 's mind about OISE because I'm also in the same boat! 

P.S. is anyone else encountering a bunch of server errors when trying to post on/navigate gradcafe? 

I've been getting server errors!! so annoying haha

2 minutes ago, chopper.wife said:

Wanted to chime in that I've interviewed with every school I applied to in Canada except OISE whom I haven't heard from. As @chopper.wife said, it is probably PI-dependent, as they don't have an open house or strict internal deadline it seems.

(Also have been encountering server errors, probably a temporary website issue.)

1 hour ago, chopper.wife said:

Oh man, I am so sorry. Hang in there and don't give up!

I am afraid to check mine now.... 

I just checked mine and it still says "No decision yet". But not very hopeful. Sorry for the bad news pearl_lyng :(

Did you receive an email notifying you that the status changed?

38 minutes ago, SoundofSilence said:

I just checked mine and it still says "No decision yet". But not very hopeful. Sorry for the bad news pearl_lyng :(

Did you receive an email notifying you that the status changed?

Nope, no email. But I refresh all the application sites daily so I caught this one. 

Oh well! That leaves only OISE and Guelph for me. 

1 hour ago, higaisha said:

For Ryerson, by this point, even if your POI is not participating in open house, you should have gotten some notice from them (if you're on their shortlist). I would take it as rejection at this point. While its true not all POIs are going to be recruiting at open house, those that aren't have arranged alternate means.

I am currently at Ryerson (for psych science; switching after changing my career objectives) and I was approached by my supervisor in March after the open house. There were students in the clinical stream who went through a similar situation. So there is still hope for those who have not heard. 

1 hour ago, C_Lamoureux said:

I am currently at Ryerson (for psych science; switching after changing my career objectives) and I was approached by my supervisor in March after the open house. There were students in the clinical stream who went through a similar situation. So there is still hope for those who have not heard. 

Yeah I was explicitly told by the individual I interviewed with at Rye to not expect to hear anything for several months regarding short-list and final decisions, and that I would be notified by Ryerson directly, not by them, regarding acceptance soooo... fingers crossed!! Unless they didn't want me right off the back and want to let me down easy ? who knows! 

5 hours ago, C_Lamoureux said:

Thanks for clarifying!

16 hours ago, gillis_55 said:

Hi all, I just heard from the program liaison at OISE CCP that faculty are still reviewing applications for the next few weeks; the committee then meets at the beginning of March to make a decision. Hope this helps! 

Oh and one more thing - apparently after applications are culled down based on GRE scores, GPA etc (no specifics available here, sorry), then applications are reviewed by ALL faculty members - so you might receive an interview invite from someone you didn't list as a POI on your application.