Fall 2019 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants!

FallGO

15 hours ago, Clinicalh0peful said:

Does this include child clinical? I haven’t heard about anybody getting an interview from them yet, it appears that they do them separately. Unless I am wrong?

Hi there, 

I believe that Child Clinical at Windsor is also in the midst of making their final decisions on who they will offer unofficial acceptance to and who they will waitlist (emails haven't gone out yet). I think they had all of their Skype interviews completed by the 28th of January. ? 

P.s. Thank you all for your tireless posting. It's been helping me get through this process! It's very hard having people unapologetically scrutinize your worth. I wish all of you the best! And congratulations to everyone who has already gotten acceptance somewhere!

9 hours ago, TEAfficionado said:

Hi everyone,

I just found this forum after hearing about it at the Guelph Interview day last week! I was wondering if anyone has heard back from the CCAP program at Guelph yet since they said we'd hear back this week. I've been refreshing my inbox hourly to see if anything comes up.

Thank you ❤️ 

Nothing yet! ?

38 minutes ago, Ladydaydream said:

Hi there, 

I believe that Child Clinical at Windsor is also in the midst of making their final decisions on who they will offer unofficial acceptance to and who they will waitlist (emails haven't gone out yet). I think they had all of their Skype interviews completed by the 28th of January. ? 

P.s. Thank you all for your tireless posting. It's been helping me get through this process! It's very hard having people unapologetically scrutinize your worth. I wish all of you the best! And congratulations to everyone who has already gotten acceptance somewhere!

Do you know of anyone who interviewed for child clinical? I haven’t seen anything on this forum or the results page. 

FYI - Some adult neuropsych applications at York are now being reviewed if you haven't heard back. Just received an e-mail to chat. I Wouldn't consider it an interview at this point since it's only to discuss future directions

Edited by Neurophilic

17 minutes ago, C_Lamoureux said:

Do you know of anyone who interviewed for child clinical? I haven’t seen anything on this forum or the results page. 

Yes, I interviewed with my POI a few days before the 28th and that's the information that she gave me. If anyone has any specific questions they want answered, you can PM me :) 

16 hours ago, Clinicalh0peful said:

Does this include child clinical? I haven’t heard about anybody getting an interview from them yet, it appears that they do them separately. Unless I am wrong?

I had an interview with child clinical at Windsor on January 25th. Haven’t heard anything since

Just a heads-up to Windsor applicants - I applied and interviewed there last year and tried to contact the office for several weeks after the date I was told I would hear my decision to get any update on my status and had to end up emailing my POI to find out I was waitlisted and I never received an actual rejection from them (despite daily calling/weekly emails again). I'm sure it was a fluke but wanted to share just in case it happens to anyone else :)

13 hours ago, Mickey26 said:

Haha it's ok! You'll be a champ compared to me haha I've been doing physio for my wrist, so coupled with my horrid bowling skills, we'll see if I can manage to even hit a pin (let alone hold a bowling ball) ???

Omg, maybe we should both use the ramp? ;)

If you’re in Calgary at Hotel Alma for the next two interview days, DM me if you want to grab dinner or take a walk around campus tonight (if you can stand the -35 degree weather, haha). Always happy to meet fellow applicants and it’s nice to have company in a new city :) 

35 minutes ago, gillis_55 said:

If you’re in Calgary at Hotel Alma for the next two interview days, DM me if you want to grab dinner or take a walk around campus tonight (if you can stand the -35 degree weather, haha). Always happy to meet fellow applicants and it’s nice to have company in a new city :) 

Most of campus is connected fyi!! You can more or less avoid the chilly outdoors haha :) (I'd be down but I have an event tonight sorry!)

4 minutes ago, neocortical.coffee said:

Has anyone ever heard of funding to visit a school for their open house (I am already accepted). Ontario to BC tickets are currently around $700  ?

Yup. Ask your POI, they'll either pay for you completely or give a stipend. 

30 minutes ago, neocortical.coffee said:

Has anyone ever heard of funding to visit a school for their open house (I am already accepted). Ontario to BC tickets are currently around $700  ?

I’ve gotten $300-500ish... didn’t come close to covering flights across the country, but still better than nothing! Not all POIs/programs offer it, but it doesn’t hurt to ask. 

10 hours ago, ccpsych said:

So sorry to hear. I'm waiting on my results. How did you find out?

11 hours ago, NorthernBlondie said:

Aw I'm sorry :( how do you know?

I received an email to check my application status... I am alright, it's not my top choice anyway

6 minutes ago, chopper.wife said:

Anyone interviewing at u of calgary today, I am super early and chilling in the lobby being weird and nervous. Feel free to DM me or find me ?

Headed down in a few mins - it’s the Senate Room on the 7th floor right?