Fall 2019 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants!

FallGO

28 minutes ago, Willy36 said:

I think someone on this thread has turned down a UTSC offer...but no one that I am aware of has been flat out rejected.

Yeah I saw that. Just curious if anyone has accepted as that could help me infer how many spots may remain undecided

2 hours ago, Psychology_101_ said:

Hello all! I had a question about the waitlist and was hoping someone would have some insight. How exactly does a waitlist work? I've been told that the waitlist is not really a "list" but rather you just need the person who currently holds the offer to turn it down and then it will come to you (so it's not like you're Xth position in the waitlist and the offer needs to get passed down through other waitlisted candidates ahead of you until it comes to you). Is this correct? 

Normally that is how it works. 

There can also be outside factors involved that have nothing to do with you. Sometimes students are waitlisted depending on funding (maybe the program can only accept you if you get CGS-M, or if you supervisor gets a grant renewed, etc.). And sometimes students are waitlisted because their potential supervisor isn’t high on the list to accept students. For example, maybe a program can accept 7 students and your POI is #8 on the priority list, so their ability to take a student is dependent on someone else’s offer being rejected.

8 hours ago, ZingyNeuron said:

Same here! It's driving me nuts lol When did you interview?

I interviewed late January. Hopefully we hear from Concordia tomorrow lol

7 hours ago, foood said:

I interviewed late January. Hopefully we hear from Concordia tomorrow lol

The clinical committee met last week, so I would expect offers to go out very soon (some offers may have been made already). I know a lot of grad students in that program and the time between their interviews and admission varied a lot, so don’t worry too much if you haven’t heard yet. 

On 3/14/2019 at 9:17 AM, noo said:

Does anyone know any human being enrolled in the PsyD program at Adler University? And what they think of it?

I have a colleague who completed his doctorate at Adler, completed several accredited practicum placements in well-recognized hospital settings, and currently has a position at one of these hospitals. I would say that this is a rare outcome for a PsyD graduate, but not impossible. You may want to connect with the program and ask them where recent graduates have found employment to see what historical information they can provide. 

I emailed UofT and McGill clinical but neither has responded yet. I haven’t seen any acceptances in the results for either program, so I’m thinking they haven’t sent out their first round of admissions. My friend got her refusal letter from mcgill a few weeks ago so I think maybe if you haven’t heard from them, you might still be in the running? Has anyone interviewed or heard back from either McGill or UofT clinical? 

In other news, I contacted someone at Dalhousie and she told me that first round of offers have gone out and they’re waiting on responses before sending the next round. She also told me that they don’t send rejection letters until there’s no spots left to offer. 

I hope we all hear back soon!

4 hours ago, dftba95 said:

I emailed UofT and McGill clinical but neither has responded yet. I haven’t seen any acceptances in the results for either program, so I’m thinking they haven’t sent out their first round of admissions. My friend got her refusal letter from mcgill a few weeks ago so I think maybe if you haven’t heard from them, you might still be in the running? Has anyone interviewed or heard back from either McGill or UofT clinical? 

In other news, I contacted someone at Dalhousie and she told me that first round of offers have gone out and they’re waiting on responses before sending the next round. She also told me that they don’t send rejection letters until there’s no spots left to offer. 

I’m still waiting for McGill. The secretary told me decisions should be out by Friday. 

1 hour ago, Neurophilic said:

I’m still waiting for McGill. The secretary told me decisions should be out by Friday. 

Thank you for this! Do you know if they did interviews? 

6 hours ago, dftba95 said:

Yeah, Dalhousie acceptances have gone out, sorry. 

23 minutes ago, PsychologyLife1 said:

If you've been wait listed, then don't get past the wait list are you notified by a certain date? Or are you forever unsure haha

You are wait listed at uOttawa right? Same here....and it might be a long wait for us . I know someone who got off the wait list a few years ago and they didn't find out until mid April (after the first round deadline went by).

20 hours ago, dftba95 said:

I emailed OISE (for CCP) and they said applicants should hear back within the next couple of weeks. 

Called Concordia.. program assistant said most of the offers went out and the remainder will we sent out today. I was waitlisted so I'm assuming it will be a rejection since most of the other applicants applying to my POI applied only to Concordia 

Notified that i've been waitlisted at McGill.. next in line apparently. 8 offers have been sent out and 3 have yet to respond. So frustrating. 

Edited by Neurophilic

1 hour ago, Neurophilic said:

Notified that i've been waitlisted at McGill.. next in line apparently. 8 offers have been sent out and 3 have yet to respond. So frustrating. 

Yo I believe!! :) Sending you good vibes! Fingers crossed for ya