Fall 2019 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants!

FallGO

9 hours ago, higaisha said:

Darn shoulda tried for UTSC but I was too lazy to take GRE subject lollll, such cool work done there.

Lol same. Didn't take the psych GRE so that limited my schools I applied to

9 hours ago, lobstergirl said:

I second that...

However, how is that even possible? The deadline for UTSC was January 2nd. It hasn't even been a week yet.

I didn't apply to UTSC but if it helps I did my interview for Dalhousie even before the application deadline. Maybe they faster this year? 

10 minutes ago, Psychology_101_ said:

Hi all!!! 

Just wondering if anyone who applied to Ryerson or Western has heard back yet??

Good luck to everyone! 

I applied to ryerson! No word yet ?

1 minute ago, Neurophilic said:

I applied to ryerson! No word yet ?

Okay we're in this together!! Last year I was given a waitlist offer and ultimately was not accepted, but was invited for a Skype interview VERY early in January (although different POI than this year)

7 hours ago, Psychology_101_ said:

Okay we're in this together!! Last year I was given a waitlist offer and ultimately was not accepted, but was invited for a Skype interview VERY early in January (although different POI than this year)

Yeah maybe they’re a little behind? Haha. My POI did say she’d review apps in December so maybe it’s a no for me. Who knows. 

Hey guys - just a question about POIs. For those of you who were invited for an interview, did you find that the people who invited you were the ones who e-mailed you back when you reached out early in the year? I applied to 5 POIs in 5 different schools and found that only 3/5 of actually e-mailed me back. Not sure if that means that I've "lost a chance" with the other 2 or that they weren't interested. 

Speak of the devil (in a good way ofc).

School: Ryerson University

Type: MA/PhD Clinical Psychology

Date of Invite: Jan 7th, 2018

Type of invite: Email from POI for Skype/phone interview

Interview date(s): The week of 1/7/19

POI: PM me 

Just now, higaisha said:

Speak of the devil (in a good way ofc).

School: Ryerson University

Type: MA/PhD Clinical Psychology

Date of Invite: Jan 7th, 2018

Type of invite: Email from POI for Skype/phone interview

Interview date(s): The week of 1/7/19

POI: PM me 

Congratulations!!!

1 hour ago, ventiamericano said:

Hey guys - just a question about POIs. For those of you who were invited for an interview, did you find that the people who invited you were the ones who e-mailed you back when you reached out early in the year? I applied to 5 POIs in 5 different schools and found that only 3/5 of actually e-mailed me back. Not sure if that means that I've "lost a chance" with the other 2 or that they weren't interested. 

I have not found this to be the case myself. I was invited to a prelim interview at Waterloo and the POI there never emailed me back when I originally reached out to them. I've asked a lot of people about this and everyone says it is not a big deal and they often are just bombarded with emails/not great at getting back to every single one! 

2 hours ago, ventiamericano said:

Its likely a POI thing and not a "you" thing, but a favourable response is always nice :). On the other end, there were people I never contacted but got an invite from anyway, so it doesn't matter too much in the broader scheme of things.

1 hour ago, Psychology_101_ said:

I have not found this to be the case myself. I was invited to a prelim interview at Waterloo and the POI there never emailed me back when I originally reached out to them. I've asked a lot of people about this and everyone says it is not a big deal and they often are just bombarded with emails/not great at getting back to every single one! 

16 minutes ago, higaisha said:

Its likely a POI thing and not a "you" thing, but a favourable response is always nice :). On the other end, there were people I never contacted but got an invite from anyway, so it doesn't matter too much in the broader scheme of things.

Ah, thanks guys! Takes a load of stress off my back :)

Being an applicant last year, this process is horrendous so if anyone has any questions about the Western schools, please don't hesitate to ask as I am a current clinical student and could provide some insight :)

I did my ugrad at SFU so do PM your POI and I can provide some insight but I also know the UBC and UVic profs as well

Edited by Sephix

I also wanted to add that SFU in particular usually does their interview last Friday in January however given they lost a week due to the late start (Thurs Jan 3), you guys will find out this week by the 11th, 18th absolute latest as to if you got an interview. With this logic, interviews will be Feb 1st and NOT Jan 25th. I hope this helps...I hear there is a new grad advisor now so that's why timings also been off

Edited by Sephix