2 hours ago, schoolpsyched4 said:

I was wondering if anyone applied to U of Washington or U of North Carolina at Chapel Hill? If so, have you heard back? 

Thanks!

I applied to UW for EdS and haven't heard back. UW is my top choice so I really hope to get the chance to attend the interview. I just found the 2018-2019 handbook and it says interview day will be February 8 and interview invitation are offered by the second week of January. I guess it is not a good news.:( Anyway, we could still wait for other schools.

I’m a little late to the game.. but I applied to the University of Oregon, University of Florida, University of Denver, and University of Kansas PhD programs! 

I have interviews wifh UO, UF, and DU— I still haven’t heard anything back from KU. I chose these particularly programs because of the program philosophy and professor research interests. I spent the whole summer narrowing down my list of 15-20 programs of interested to 4 ? 

I’m excited, but also really nervous! 

11 hours ago, schoolpsyched4 said:

I was wondering if anyone applied to U of Washington or U of North Carolina at Chapel Hill? If so, have you heard back? 

Thanks!

On the website, UNC says that decisions for admissions begins in January and February. I haven't seen anything regarding Chapel Hill's admissions this cycle yet. I might reach out to them next week about it...

On 1/13/2019 at 9:52 PM, Sibyl Suo said:

So many things to prepare! Yes the impression is important by what you look like. Pulling it back would be great or is there any way you could both keep your current color and look professional? Like dye only the surface hair back to a natural color but keep others? I am checking flights and accommodations, and it seems that I have to fly from New York City to Orlando first, then take a bus to UF. Still trying to figure out all these traveling stuffs.

Wow, traveling that far is complicated. Maybe ask our new grad buddies for some advice. I’d offer to give you a lift, but I’m coming from Tampa.

7 hours ago, Schoolpsyched4aPhD said:

I’m a little late to the game.. but I applied to the University of Oregon, University of Florida, University of Denver, and University of Kansas PhD programs! 

I have interviews wifh UO, UF, and DU— I still haven’t heard anything back from KU. I chose these particularly programs because of the program philosophy and professor research interests. I spent the whole summer narrowing down my list of 15-20 programs of interested to 4 ? 

See you at UF interviews!!!

18 hours ago, Sibyl Suo said:

I applied to UW for EdS and haven't heard back. UW is my top choice so I really hope to get the chance to attend the interview. I just found the 2018-2019 handbook and it says interview day will be February 8 and interview invitation are offered by the second week of January. I guess it is not a good news.:( Anyway, we could still wait for other schools.

Hm... I saw they sent out invites as late as Jan 20 last year, so maybe there is still hope? I have other interviews so I'm not too worried but still disappointing. Good luck!

So one of my interviews...there is a hike on Saturday morning. I am super stoked for this, but at a loss for attire. I normally wear yoga pants and a loose tshirt when I workout...but I'm wondering if that is too casual or inappropriate...maybe some loose pants (that aren't yoga pants). Any suggestions? 

Also, for the socials, would it be best to wear slacks and a jacket? Or go a little more casual for the social? Most of mine have socials the evening before the interviews, so I don't want to be under dressed because this is the first impression!

21 hours ago, schoolpsyched4 said:

So one of my interviews...there is a hike on Saturday morning. I am super stoked for this, but at a loss for attire. I normally wear yoga pants and a loose tshirt when I workout...but I'm wondering if that is too casual or inappropriate...maybe some loose pants (that aren't yoga pants). Any suggestions? 

Also, for the socials, would it be best to wear slacks and a jacket? Or go a little more casual for the social? Most of mine have socials the evening before the interviews, so I don't want to be under dressed because this is the first impression!

UNL had two socials and almost everyone just wore a nice blouse/top and dark jeans - and even then, the applicants were dressier than the current students. I brought my blazer just in case but no one else wore one so we were good. 

On 1/18/2019 at 8:47 AM, Leighannimal said:

Wow, traveling that far is complicated. Maybe ask our new grad buddies for some advice. I’d offer to give you a lift, but I’m coming from Tampa.

Thank you so much! It's very nice of you! Yes I asked her and she gave me some really helpful suggestions. Finally settle all the traveling stuffs.

On 1/18/2019 at 5:05 PM, schoolpsyched4 said:

Hm... I saw they sent out invites as late as Jan 20 last year, so maybe there is still hope? I have other interviews so I'm not too worried but still disappointing. Good luck!

Wow that is comforting. Great! Best of luck on your interview. 

I just received an email from the first school I applied and it said I was put into waitlist. I am surprised because I didn't even get an interview invitation. I was thinking that not getting into the interview means unofficially rejection. So there is still hope, right? That is a really great program and also has high requirements. Finger crossed. In the meantime worrying about my two incoming interviews (probably the only two). The whole application process is intimidating!

If it's a program in Ohio, I have applied to it. My preferences would be OSU, UC, or Miami.

Quick question to everyone considering school psychology programs - which states offer paid internships? I am fortunate enough that Ohio does that for anyone doing a program but surely they can't be the only one. Basically, does your state do that?

2 hours ago, thecalendar said:

If it's a program in Ohio, I have applied to it. My preferences would be OSU, UC, or Miami.

Quick question to everyone considering school psychology programs - which states offer paid internships? I am fortunate enough that Ohio does that for anyone doing a program but surely they can't be the only one. Basically, does your state do that?

Repping Kansas here—- yes! We get full salary for internship :) because of the shortage of school psychs 

UF interview was not stressful at all!! The atmosphere is super chill and everyone just goes with the flow. Like come prepared with what you want to say, but honestly relax, it's super laid back. You get your own personal scheduled of around 5 individual interviews, one being with a pair of grad students. No crazy questions, just the normal grad school questions, why UF, why school psychology, and about your background. Prepare as many questions as possible because you will run out because they answer all your questions iimmediately. After getting even more information I definitely want to go there. They said we should get a decision sometime after the February 1st interviews. 

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 3:01 PM, Schoolpsyched4aPhD said:

When did you get an interveiw email from UO? I applied to UO and KU special education PhD programs, but I only got reply from KU for the onsite interview session.

11 hours ago, Schoolpsyched4aPhD said:

To email or no.....

Does you send a "thank you" email? post interview?

I personally sent thank you emails. I’m not sure what it will bring but I know it’s a nice thing for them to take the time out of your day to do it!

On 1/25/2019 at 5:29 PM, rachaelpfanz said:

UF interview was not stressful at all!! The atmosphere is super chill and everyone just goes with the flow. Like come prepared with what you want to say, but honestly relax, it's super laid back. You get your own personal scheduled of around 5 individual interviews, one being with a pair of grad students. No crazy questions, just the normal grad school questions, why UF, why school psychology, and about your background. Prepare as many questions as possible because you will run out because they answer all your questions iimmediately. After getting even more information I definitely want to go there. They said we should get a decision sometime after the February 1st interviews. 

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Sounds like a very busy day! 

3 hours ago, combustiblecake said:

I just wanted to join in...

Did any of you get a waitlist? If so, did you write a letter of continued interest?

Thank you!

I was waitlisted and didn’t write a letter of continued interest. I have one acceptance and 3 more interviews. If it were my top choice and I didn’t have other opportunities, I wouldve likely written a letter. However, it is my last choice. 

Just got my first acceptance! So excited! It is a really nice faculty and I enjoyed the whole process of interview. The only thing that I am concerned is that it seems that as an international student I am not eligible to get a license after I graduate in that state. If it is true, I feel so sad.

13 hours ago, Sibyl Suo said:

Just got my first acceptance! So excited! It is a really nice faculty and I enjoyed the whole process of interview. The only thing that I am concerned is that it seems that as an international student I am not eligible to get a license after I graduate in that state. If it is true, I feel so sad.

AHHHH CONGRATS! What school?