Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 2/10/2019 at 8:25 PM, Schoolpsyched4aPhD said:

Another update! 

Didn't hear back from UF, so I called Friday. They told me that i'm waitlisted and that i'm 2nd in line-- they also said that in the past they have gone into the waitlist and offered admission to students + that I had a decent chance since i'm 2nd in line. 

Interview at DU was AMAZING! I love them! I should hear back in 1-2 weeks *fingers crossed*

Accepted at DU!!! So excited 😍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2019 at 5:29 AM, oppositeofdiffident said:

Hello, 

My program offers a bilingual track  (and in it) all you have to do is show proficiency in Manderian by passing a state test. See if the state your applying to offer certification training for bilingual in order to get certified as a bilingual school psychologist.

Some programs might say bilingual only for Spanish but check the program and ask if other languages can be offered for the bilingual track.

Thank you for sharing this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys! I hope the interview and admissions process is treating you all well! It is stressful but hang there! I have been accepted into one of my top choices and just interviewed for another one of my top choices. I was curious...has anyone discovered a great list of rankings for school psychology programs or determined a method? I have found two lists ranking school pscyh programs but from there 2017 and 2018 there are significant changes in the list. I just want to know how my programs of interest stack up against one another. Is anyone else of unsure which program they will choose?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AllAboutThatEd said:

Hey guys! I hope the interview and admissions process is treating you all well! It is stressful but hang there! I have been accepted into one of my top choices and just interviewed for another one of my top choices. I was curious...has anyone discovered a great list of rankings for school psychology programs or determined a method? I have found two lists ranking school pscyh programs but from there 2017 and 2018 there are significant changes in the list. I just want to know how my programs of interest stack up against one another. Is anyone else of unsure which program they will choose?

I'm currently trying to figure out how my programs rank as well. If anyone has an organized site with all of them to compare that would be awesome. I currently will probably still pick my first choice but I just want to make sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, AllAboutThatEd said:

Hey guys! I hope the interview and admissions process is treating you all well! It is stressful but hang there! I have been accepted into one of my top choices and just interviewed for another one of my top choices. I was curious...has anyone discovered a great list of rankings for school psychology programs or determined a method? I have found two lists ranking school pscyh programs but from there 2017 and 2018 there are significant changes in the list. I just want to know how my programs of interest stack up against one another. Is anyone else of unsure which program they will choose?

Would you mind sending me the link for the lists? I have been unable to find any rankings specific to school psych. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2019 at 2:28 PM, RTIAssessmentsandIEPsOhmy said:

Would you mind sending me the link for the lists? I have been unable to find any rankings specific to school psych. 

These are the only two lists that I have found from the same site, one is 2017 list another is 2018. Their list is compiled of only of schools that are APA accredited and NASP approved (I only applied to schools which had both, so might not be helpful if your school is not listed). Quite a few schools have dropped or risen significantly according to these ratings which makes this compilation questionable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2019 at 2:47 PM, gingergenius said:

I'm currently trying to figure out how my programs rank as well. If anyone has an organized site with all of them to compare that would be awesome. I currently will probably still pick my first choice but I just want to make sure. 

As of right because of my skepticism of the site who listed the rankings I am adding an additional way to narrow down my choices. I will add that according to the best counseling degrees website links I shared much of the information such as statistics seem to be accurate when I research the individual schools, I just question how the rankings have changed dramatically within a year according to their two lists.

 

So what I am currently using to compare my choices is US News & World Report and Forbes. Depending upon where your program is housed (College of Education, College of Arts & Sciences, etc.) look up the stats on both sites to get an idea. I specifically looked at rankings/stats pertaining to the College of Education, Psychology department, and research. So far that is the best method I have come up with, it really makes the decision easier for me since I have been stuck deciding between two schools. It's also nice to make sure what the university is advertising is the same as what other independent reports have compiled for the public.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2019 at 3:42 PM, AllAboutThatEd said:

Hey guys! I hope the interview and admissions process is treating you all well! It is stressful but hang there! I have been accepted into one of my top choices and just interviewed for another one of my top choices. I was curious...has anyone discovered a great list of rankings for school psychology programs or determined a method? I have found two lists ranking school pscyh programs but from there 2017 and 2018 there are significant changes in the list. I just want to know how my programs of interest stack up against one another. Is anyone else of unsure which program they will choose?

Hey-- likewise!  I'm in a similar boat and wanted to share this resource I came across: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/311949630_A_Scientist-Practitioner_Analysis_of_the_Best_APA-Accredited_School_Psychology_Doctoral_Programs 

To be honest, I doubt I'll end up basing my decision off it, but better to have the information and then decide :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone! I would greatly appreciate any information about GPA and acceptances. I plan on applying to Ed.S and SP PhD programs for Fall 2020 but my GPA is not great. I have what I believe is sufficient experience but I need some hope. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I heard back from Fordham this week! Was rejected from the PhD but was accepted to the PD (aka what NYS calls an EdS), which to be honest is what I expected to happen. I think I'm going to take it and reapply to the PhD next year (when I spoke with a faculty member at the open house in January she said it wasn't uncommon for someone to do a year in the PD and then reapply for the PhD) as I really liked Fordham. This would give me time to form connections with faculty and improve what I know were the weaker parts of my overall application (my GRE scores were terrible and I know it). Overall I'd say this application process hasn't been ideal but it hasn't been terrible; I've learned a lot and I know what I can do to improve for next cycle.

Though I still haven't heard anything from Georgia State. I might wait for a while to hear from them before making any concrete decisions but I'm leaning heavily towards Fordham. Not having to uproot my entire life to another state would be nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

I have been lurking this forum for some time now and I appreciate all the support and encouragement that this community has engendered during the application process! Good luck to all! 

I am on UCSB's waitlist and have yet to hear from UCB. My questions are:

1) Does anyone have familiarity with UCSB's process? Has anyone been accepted yet or, like me, been placed on the waitlist? 

2) I assume no contact from UCB indicates that my application was passed. Am I correct in my assumption? I called admissions and the admin was very general. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An update: I went ahead and accepted Fordham's offer. It feels nice to kinda have an idea of where my life is heading (at least for the next few years) and now I have time to apply for fellowships and improve the weak parts of my application before reapplying for the PhD next cycle. Now I can breathe and focus on finishing my current degree.

Good luck to everyone else still going through the process/making decisions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Tufts sent out official letters today (unofficial emails from the program director came out last week), and it looks like UMass Amherst did too. My friend and I interviewed at Columbia last Wednesday and have anxiously been waiting to hear back. The group that interviewed the week before us heard back literally the next day, so we're not quite sure what their response timeline is.

**this is for their respective masters/ed.s programs not phd

Edited by drishti3693

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone! 

I've been lurking this forum (and my email inbox) for a while now, and this morning I (habitually) checked School Psych program results on here and saw some updates... I applied to CSULA and Chapman, got into both of their interviews, and saw someone updated that they got an email from CSULA and said they got in. I still haven't gotten any emails back and started to be super anxious. Did any of you who applied to CSULA got an email back as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, myler said:

Hello everyone! 

I've been lurking this forum (and my email inbox) for a while now, and this morning I (habitually) checked School Psych program results on here and saw some updates... I applied to CSULA and Chapman, got into both of their interviews, and saw someone updated that they got an email from CSULA and said they got in. I still haven't gotten any emails back and started to be super anxious. Did any of you who applied to CSULA got an email back as well?

Hey! I'm in the exact same position as you. I also applied to CSULA and Chapman, got interviews for both programs but haven't received any emails. I feel a bit uneasy after seeing that updated post (Congratulations to that student btw!) but trying to stay positive. Hopefully we hear back soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, valemenh said:

Hey! I'm in the exact same position as you. I also applied to CSULA and Chapman, got interviews for both programs but haven't received any emails. I feel a bit uneasy after seeing that updated post (Congratulations to that student btw!) but trying to stay positive. Hopefully we hear back soon.

Hi! 

That made me feel a bit better seeing someone is in the same situation as me! :D I'm extremely happy for that person as well!!! Hope that it is their dream school!!! I'm assuming that they won't send us any emails during weekends so at least I can have some break time by stopping checking my email inbox 🤣

Edit: 

P.S. Do you usually check your CSULA Get? I frequently check the admission status but on mine it says "incomplete" with a little yellow triangle sign. We both got in the interview so I assume it's not about my application being incomplete. Kinda scary every time I see that little triangle.

Edited by myler
adding more info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, myler said:

Hi! 

That made me feel a bit better seeing someone is in the same situation as me! :D I'm extremely happy for that person as well!!! Hope that it is their dream school!!! I'm assuming that they won't send us any emails during weekends so at least I can have some break time by stopping checking my email inbox 🤣

Edit: 

P.S. Do you usually check your CSULA Get? I frequently check the admission status but on mine it says "incomplete" with a little yellow triangle sign. We both got in the interview so I assume it's not about my application being incomplete. Kinda scary every time I see that little triangle.

Yeah same, I've been checking my email continuously 😅 I know that won't get some type of news here any faster but I can't help it.

I've checked my CSULA Get a couple of times but I definitely check my personal email more frequently. My admission status also has a little yellow triangle sign and says it's incomplete. I wouldn't worry too much though. Before I even received an interview invitation, I called the university when I noticed the triangle to make sure my application wasn't missing anything. They told me they had received all the required documents sooo I'm not sure why it's there. I probably should've asked when I was at CSULA to interview but I was too excited/nervous that it slipped my mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, valemenh said:

Yeah same, I've been checking my email continuously 😅 I know that won't get some type of news here any faster but I can't help it.

I've checked my CSULA Get a couple of times but I definitely check my personal email more frequently. My admission status also has a little yellow triangle sign and says it's incomplete. I wouldn't worry too much though. Before I even received an interview invitation, I called the university when I noticed the triangle to make sure my application wasn't missing anything. They told me they had received all the required documents sooo I'm not sure why it's there. I probably should've asked when I was at CSULA to interview but I was too excited/nervous that it slipped my mind. 

😅Well I hope that we get some news soon! Thank you for the clarification and if I hear anything back I will let you know as well!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone! Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

I'm down to deciding between the PsyD programs at Rutgers and Duquesne, and I've been driving myself crazy with pros/cons lists for the past few weeks! Anybody else at the decision stage yet? What are your thought processes for deciding?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, myler said:

😅Well I hope that we get some news soon! Thank you for the clarification and if I hear anything back I will let you know as well!!!

No problem and thank you, likewise! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2019 at 1:36 PM, myler said:

Hello everyone! 

I've been lurking this forum (and my email inbox) for a while now, and this morning I (habitually) checked School Psych program results on here and saw some updates... I applied to CSULA and Chapman, got into both of their interviews, and saw someone updated that they got an email from CSULA and said they got in. I still haven't gotten any emails back and started to be super anxious. Did any of you who applied to CSULA got an email back as well?

 

On 3/15/2019 at 10:51 PM, valemenh said:

Hey! I'm in the exact same position as you. I also applied to CSULA and Chapman, got interviews for both programs but haven't received any emails. I feel a bit uneasy after seeing that updated post (Congratulations to that student btw!) but trying to stay positive. Hopefully we hear back soon.

I'm in the same boat as you two! I'm also awaiting a decision from CSULA. I did interview on the later date, so I'm wondering if that's why I haven't heard back yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.