Fall 2019 Theater/Performance Studies PhD

clavius

Sorry to hear about the NYU rejection @TheNextSupreme! That's tough. FWIW I did the MA there and it was a pretty toxic environment for my cohort. I'm sure the PhD is different and they may be great for others, but I opted out of their app this year because it was so bad.  

I finally broke down and emailed Berkeley about my app, so anyone who's still waiting to hear from them, you may be unofficially waitlisted like me ??

Anyone have advice for being waitlisted at a school with a great package and accepted to a great program that's only partially funded? I'm guessing I'll just have to delay my decision for the next few weeks, but I'm worried about the possibility of getting off the waitlist on 4/14 and deciding down to the wire! 

Popping in to say that I got into the NYU MA, but won't be attending because of the price tag and, more importantly, because I got accepted into Yale's Dramaturgy MFA--suspect that their funding will be much better, plus I can actually afford to live in New Haven. In case anyone's curious, I interviewed with Yale on the 8th and heard back that same weekend (!).

Anyway, much luck to everyone waiting for news!