Columbia University Teachers College Fall 2019

MettaSutta

On 2/14/2019 at 4:19 PM, Carolmf90 said:

I applied by the Priority deadline for a Masters in Education Policy. I received an offer from MIIS (Middlebury Institute) for an MPA/IEM dual degree and I have to tell them by March 15... which is when the FAQs on the TC page say we should hear back about acceptance. GAH! I just want to know sooner so I can weigh my options. Where else have you all applied? Have you heard back from anyone else?

Applied for same program also by the priority deadline!

Judging by my stalker-ish search, my guess is they'll get back to us the week of March 4th. Some of my friends suggested that emailing admissions about another offer can incentivize them to let you know about your status earlier. Sounds risky, but I'm planning on doing so if there are any schools that haven't gotten back to me by mid-March. (Applied to Stanford, Georgetown, Upenn, NYU and Columbia. Admitted to NYU and Georgetown for now.. waiting on the others!) Good luck!!

For those applying to Ed Policy PhD. I saw a few people received denies last Friday, and a few others were admitted today which leads me to believe they are rolling out decisions rather than dumping it all on one day....to whoever posted in the results page as admitted. PLEASE MAKE YOURSELF KNOWN. We need answers!  

On 2/14/2019 at 4:19 PM, Carolmf90 said:

I applied by the Priority deadline for a Masters in Education Policy. I received an offer from MIIS (Middlebury Institute) for an MPA/IEM dual degree and I have to tell them by March 15... which is when the FAQs on the TC page say we should hear back about acceptance. GAH! I just want to know sooner so I can weigh my options. Where else have you all applied? Have you heard back from anyone else?

I just got my offer from TC for MA in Education Policy! I hope your news comes soon!!

1 minute ago, czf92 said:

@solmate95 I just did too! Congrats! I'm a little confused by the financial reward part though. My reward was in my admitted students portal but it also says that I'll receive an email when scholarship information is ready...Did you have that issue?  

Yeah same. I'm guessing the email will come soon! Congrats to you too!!

On 2/23/2019 at 8:12 AM, solmate95 said:

I just got my offer from TC for MA in Education Policy! I hope your news comes soon!!

That's awesome! I remember you said you were thinking about messaging them. Did you do that or did they just send it on Saturday? CONGRATS!

18 hours ago, Carolmf90 said:

That's awesome! I remember you said you were thinking about messaging them. Did you do that or did they just send it on Saturday? CONGRATS!

Thank you!!

I didn't message them. I think I was in their first batch of decisions! I submitted like a month before the priority deadline, so that may have had something to do with it. I hope your news came / will come soon as well!!

5 hours ago, RitaJ said:

@solmate95 congratulations! Just curious, were you invited to an interview before you got your offer? I've read that some MA candidates have been interviewed...

Thanks!! No, I was not interviewed. I had no idea that was a possibility!

@solmate95 thank you for that information! I've been accepted to the STEP secondary program at Stanford (teaching English), and the NYU MA in teaching of English. You said earlier that you applied to these schools also, do you know how you will decide?

40 minutes ago, RitaJ said:

@solmate95 thank you for that information! I've been accepted to the STEP secondary program at Stanford (teaching English), and the NYU MA in teaching of English. You said earlier that you applied to these schools also, do you know how you will decide?

I'm waiting on financial aid decisions for now, but most likely going to Columbia unless another school offers significantly more!

On 1/31/2019 at 10:18 PM, cater99 said:

Hi Everyone.

I have applied to EdD in Math Education program. Interestingly, many people apply to TC while I haven't seen anyone else applying to Math Education.

I'm in MathEd too! I applied and got accepted in the M.S. program

Edited by gradlifeishard

I called the admission office and they told me there will be an admitted students' day on March 25th. Anyone planning to attend? I most likely will.

Edited by gradlifeishard

3 hours ago, Anon79158 said:

Anyone hear back from Master of Arts in Higher & Postsecondary Education? I was a priority applicant and still haven’t gotten anything.

I applied to a different Master of Arts program as a priority applicant, and I also haven’t gotten anything yet. I was told by my program that I would hear back anywhere from March 1st to the 14th.

22 hours ago, solmate95 said:

Thanks!! No, I was not interviewed. I had no idea that was a possibility!

Congratulations on your acceptance! Excited for you!

This info about interviews was super helpful... Gave me hope! :D I had spoken on the phone with the program director to ask questions before I submitted my application. The conversation was 20min, very specific and went reasonably well, but I have not yet received an interview invitation, so I thought I might not have a chance anymore... Fingers crossed and hoping I can be the same case as you :P 

12 hours ago, :*D said:

Congratulations on your acceptance! Excited for you!

This info about interviews was super helpful... Gave me hope! :D I had spoken on the phone with the program director to ask questions before I submitted my application. The conversation was 20min, very specific and went reasonably well, but I have not yet received an interview invitation, so I thought I might not have a chance anymore... Fingers crossed and hoping I can be the same case as you :P 

For Masters programs, I believe the interview depends on your program. Mine required one. But if yours didn’t, then you should be fine. Good luck!

1 hour ago, RitaJ said:

@LizKay fingers crossed you hear back soon! Could you please tell me which program you applied to? I applied to the MA in Teaching of English (am yet to hear back).

Good luck to you too! I applied for the MA in Teaching of Social Studies.

2 hours ago, RitaJ said:

@LizKay fingers crossed you hear back soon! Could you please tell me which program you applied to? I applied to the MA in Teaching of English (am yet to hear back).

So this is really strange, but I’ve read on previous TC threads here that this has happened before. I haven’t received any emails or anything (not in my spam folder either) and my application portal still looks the same. But I tried logging in to the Admitted Students Portal (did a Google search), and it says congratulations with my name and some other information.

You should check that portal if you haven’t received any email yet!

Edited by LizKay

47 minutes ago, RitaJ said:

@LizKay Thanks for the tip and congratulations!!! I tried that, and got: This Portal is only for Students Admitted to a currently active application term at Teachers College

Not sure if that means I'm not in...I will keep waiting for an email! 

Different programs have different decision dates. For mine, they told me it can easily be end of month. And I have the same message don’t think it means anything.