NIH PREP 2019-2020 Applicants unite

nęm0

16 hours ago, ima__ima said:

Yale was my only app, and I have yet to hear anything. ? Has anyone else heard from Yale yet?

I'm in the same boat. I saw that last year they had some interviews scheduled for the first week of April, so I'm a little nervous that I haven't heard back yet ? 

10 hours ago, ima__ima said:

I saw that too! SO NERVE WRACKING. I will post here when I hear from them...

Someone who applied last year said they heard back about interviews March 28! I think they're just busy with the increase of applications/March 1 deadline.

I can't believe that there's actually a group that is anticipating NIH-PREP admissions!

Anyway, I applied to Yale and Albert Einstein College of Medicine PREP. I haven't heard back from either.

I am actually a research assistant in Albert Einstein so I am just awaiting their reply. Two out of my three letters came from AECOM faculty and my PI is part of the graduate admissions committee. Just crossing my fingers at this point!

Good luck to everybody!

I am really happy, the post that I created a while back brought so many of us together!

Please once again come back and tell us where you are going when you know! It looks like we have a few people at upenn, jhu, case! We are almost there.

For those who have yet to get anything, don't lose hope your time is coming :)

Funny story while we all await news: I told a good friend/undergrad study buddy and my mom that I heard back from Yale..

Then I was like "April fools, I haven't heard anything!" They were displeased.... People in my life were so set up for it I couldn't resist. 

Did any one else take the April Fool's opportunity?

Edited by ima__ima

7 hours ago, dejosco said:

Just as a heads up: Brown has sent/is sending out interview invitations. I received one, but declined as I already committed elsewhere. 

Sometimes you ruin my day...But thanks for the updates still.

On 4/1/2019 at 11:29 PM, ima__ima said:

Funny story while we all await news: I told a good friend/undergrad study buddy and my mom that I heard back from Yale..

Then I was like "April fools, I haven't heard anything!" They were displeased.... People in my life were so set up for it I couldn't resist. 

Did any one else take the April Fool's opportunity?

hahahahaha!!! I did the same thing to my mentor and grandma (which is my adoptive mom) safe to say they were clearly not pleased and may or may not have banned me from making Yale jokes :( hahahahahaha 

5 hours ago, btlpc said:

hahahahaha!!! I did the same thing to my mentor and grandma (which is my adoptive mom) safe to say they were clearly not pleased and may or may not have banned me from making Yale jokes :( hahahahahaha 

Yale should accept us solely for our humor. :)

2 hours ago, Mack93 said:

Decisions as in who gets an interview? Did you talk to Dr. Nearon? - this is regarding Yale ESI PREP Post Bac

I spoke with Dr. Streete who noted the application pool "doubled" from prior years. I believe this is for interviews based on this thread, but did not clarify. 

Edited by htimspri

19 minutes ago, htimspri said:

Hi everyone, I received a rejection from Yale this morning stating they'd conducted interviews already and had selected 7 finalists from 20 interviewees.

Was this for the ESI or NIH prep? or both?

fidhfksdhnfskduhfnsiukhfneskfnksjfnskbfksjbfsdbfjsdhffj jdxnvksjdnvfkdsj ???? I was like *** my application was so bad I wasnt even worth rejecting hahahaha. Well, I"m sorry for this rejection, I hope the next email you receive from yale is an acceptance ❤️ 

2 minutes ago, htimspri said:

Whoops - this rejection was for another program at Yale that I definitely didn't finish applying to. Sorry for the scare!

14 minutes ago, btlpc said:

fidhfksdhnfskduhfnsiukhfneskfnksjfnskbfksjbfsdbfjsdhffj jdxnvksjdnvfkdsj ???? I was like *** my application was so bad I wasnt even worth rejecting hahahaha. Well, I"m sorry for this rejection, I hope the next email you receive from yale is an acceptance ❤️ 

LMAO ah so sorry, again! Yes, I'm hoping the same for you. ♥️ I'll make sure to read the next email more carefully.