Fall 2019 Social Psychology Applicant Thread

petitebiscuit

32 minutes ago, socpsy said:

I put SO MUCH time into so many different versions of it and then now that it's down to the wire I'm just like meh, f** it, good enough.

they led me in with something that had some awkward parts :') So I really wouldn't stress it too much. Fit is most important, so thats what you want to convey

Another Social Psych applicant for Fall 2019. I am applying to 15 schools. They're due Dec 1 and Dec 5 and I've only submitted half of them so far..... 

Here for moral support, either to give it or receive it :P  Good luck everybody.

2 hours ago, AceRad said:

Another Social Psych applicant for Fall 2019. I am applying to 15 schools. They're due Dec 1 and Dec 5 and I've only submitted half of them so far..... 

Here for moral support, either to give it or receive it :P  Good luck everybody.

Good luck! I'm here mostly because if I keep ranting to my friends/family about my grad school apps I'm pretty sure they'll disown me. :)

33 minutes ago, psychtobeme said:

Wanna place guesses on how early phone calls/emails will start rolling in?

I say 12th dec

52 minutes ago, Psygeek said:

finally submitted :)

now to wait patiently while you get a call from them asking you to come over hahah

On 11/15/2018 at 5:02 AM, Psygeek said:

What are everyone's research interests?

I’m interested in intergroup conflict, prejudice, affective/social neuroscience, existential threats, and empathy.

I am also feeling a little nervous about my applications and still waiting on one of my advisors to send his recommendations letters to my final three applications. I ended up applying to 8 schools this application season: UMass (Amherst), University of Boulder Colorado, Harvard, University of Toronto, Washington Univeristy of St Louis, Princeton, university of Oregon, and Clark. Good luck everyone, I hope we all get some offers!!! 

18 minutes ago, psychtobeme said:

Oh my gosh. Well at least it was a response?? Silver linings haha

I had met him in person when I visited campus last month and got an email saying he thought I was a great fit with the department. So I took it as a good sign? Maybe?

10 minutes ago, socpsy said:

I had met him in person when I visited campus last month and got an email saying he thought I was a great fit with the department. So I took it as a good sign? Maybe?

That's definitely a good sign then! Now we just have to wait, ugh.

I had emailed a POI that I had talked to by phone after I submitted my application and he/she was like "I'm excited to see your materials SOON", and now my anxiety is over the roof and I cannot chill until I know more.

4 minutes ago, psychtobeme said:

That's definitely a good sign then! Now we just have to wait, ugh.

I had emailed a POI that I had talked to by phone after I submitted my application and he/she was like "I'm excited to see your materials SOON", and now my anxiety is over the roof and I cannot chill until I know more.

Yeah I had another POI who I emailed yesterday and he said he would look at my app "very carefully". How about a cursory glance and immediate acceptance?

Just now, socpsy said:

Yeah I had another POI who I emailed yesterday and he said he would look at my app "very carefully". How about a cursory glance and immediate acceptance?

EXACTLY. Like, I would love to celebrate Christmas and the New Year without checking my email compulsively every 5 minutes and driving my family crazy with my anxiety.

1 hour ago, socpsy said:

Wow that sounds like a great sign ? !!!? 

9 hours ago, HAC said:

I am also feeling a little nervous about my applications and still waiting on one of my advisors to send his recommendations letters to my final three applications. I ended up applying to 8 schools this application season: UMass (Amherst), University of Boulder Colorado, Harvard, University of Toronto, Washington Univeristy of St Louis, Princeton, university of Oregon, and Clark. Good luck everyone, I hope we all get some offers!!! 

Oooh ooh who did you indicate for POI at UO?