Fall 2019 Social Psychology Applicant Thread

petitebiscuit

26 minutes ago, a1chemists said:

No problem! I thought it was weird too that they didn't BCC us.

It looks like so many RAs in UCLA social neuro labs just happen to be applying for grad schools in the same year... Maybe they have prioritized us just because we are already here. (I'm feeling sorry for everyone else...)

At the end of the day, it is afterall who knows you. And you guys didnt end up here by chance. All the best for your interviews at UCLA!

5 minutes ago, pineapplepizza said:

Did you get a personal email or a mass one? Just trying to see if I should cross this out.

I got a personal email from my POI informally inviting me to Northwestern's interview weekend. But I had also just done a preliminary skype interview with my POI the week before.

I don't know if all of the POIs at Northwestern do preliminary skype interviews. So there may be a mass email that will be sent out as well.

2 minutes ago, Zingerella said:

I got a personal email from my POI informally inviting me to Northwestern's interview weekend. But I had also just done a preliminary skype interview with my POI the week before.

I don't know if all of the POIs at Northwestern do preliminary skype interviews. So there may be a mass email that will be sent out as well.

Thanks for the info! Congrats to you and good luck!

16 hours ago, veileddreamer said:

I called UNC today and they said that some but not all PIs have submitted their list of invites -- so if you don't hear back within a week, you can be fairly confident you will not be getting an invite.

But has anyone actually heard back from UNC? The wait is killing me. I know it's only been two weeks, but still.

I have not heard anything back. But I'm trying to be hopeful and optimistic lol

51 minutes ago, ktwalsh said:

I have not heard anything back. But I'm trying to be hopeful and optimistic lol

I know algoe had sent out an invite, and i'm fairly certain lindquist has someone in mind already. If you are applying to someone else other than these 2 then let's hope you hear back within the week :)

28 minutes ago, loffire said:

I know algoe had sent out an invite, and i'm fairly certain lindquist has someone in mind already. If you are applying to someone else other than these 2 then let's hope you hear back within the week :)

Fingers Crossed!!! ?