CSULB MSW 2019

Bevster

Hello everyone,

For those who turned in their applications, have you receive any type of notification yet? Also,  anyone feel free to share your stats or stories.

Good luck to everyone!

Edited by Bevster
Another forum

Hey there!

i turned in my app 11/5 and received an e-mail about 2 days later saying I forgot to sign one of my lor (smh). I sent in my signature and received and email about 2 days later saying they have received my application and will review it and whatnot!

So now we play the waiting game ?

Thanks for sharing! I turned in my application on 11/16 and just wanted to see what the next steps looked like. What program did you apply for? From reading the other thread, it is always best to turn it in early! So you're ahead of the waiting game :)

Hello everyone,

I turned mine in bits ?. One of my professors sent in her letter of recommendation (November 8th) before I even submitted my application (November 15th). However, I received a notice on November 19th that they have my application and it is being reviewed. I then received another notice from graduate admissions saying that they do not have my FASFA and transcripts. So I called and checked with a helpful admin guy who confirmed that they do indeed have my transcripts and that it will take a few days to update. Now I wait and obsessively check my email.

All the best to all of you :)

Hello @valwantstohelp,

That's awesome! Do you mind sharing exactly what they stated in the email upon review. After turning in my application on 11/16/18, I received an email on 11/19/18 stating

"Your 2019 MSW Application has been received by the School of Social Work."

I didn't realize they take FAFSA into account, I'll complete mine asap now. 

Good luck and keep sharing your updates!

3 hours ago, Bevster said:

Hello @valwantstohelp,

That's awesome! Do you mind sharing exactly what they stated in the email upon review. After turning in my application on 11/16/18, I received an email on 11/19/18 stating

"Your 2019 MSW Application has been received by the School of Social Work."

I didn't realize they take FAFSA into account, I'll complete mine asap now. 

Good luck and keep sharing your updates!

@Bevster This is the response:

We have received your application for Fall 2019 admission as a graduate/post-baccalaureate student, but we cannot make an admission decision because important documents are needed to complete your file. In order to process your application in a timely manner, all requested documents must be received as soon as possible but no later than your program's application deadline.

Please submit:

1. Official College Transcript from: Los Angeles Pierce College
  2. Official College Transcript from: UC Los Angeles

The FAFSA  part I think is generic for everyone sort of like a reminder which came below my email. I don't think they factor it in for admission, but I guess it helps to just get done with it asap :)

Financial aid information:

Our records indicate that you have not applied for need-based Financial Aid as we have not received a FAFSA for 2019-20 from the federal processor. If you believe you have applied for Financial Aid, please be aware that we receive FAFSAs weekly, so if you have recently completed your FAFSA, please check your status again in a week. If you require assistance, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 562-985-8403. If you have not completed a FAFSA, but would like to apply for Financial Aid, visit the Financial Aid website.

I hope this helps. I had already submitted my transcripts though so they may be just running behind.

Hey Guys, 

I turned mine in very early, Monday, October 15th.

Received an email from MSW that Friday saying that they have received my application. I was the second person to turn in the application to MSW. 

I received an email from the University on November 7th that my application is complete.

Another email from the University on November 15th that my application has been sent to the department.

I should be one of the first people to hear back from them because I was the second to turn in my application. Hopefully, I hear back from them before Christmas. Will update you guys. 

Hello everyone!

I turned in my application on November 26 and have not heard back since then. I graduated with a BA in Sociology from CSULB class of 2017. My major gpa is a 3.8 while my culmilative gpa is a 3.4. I have been working for a social service agency for just two months and have volunteered for several organization as well as earned certifications. I’m truly hoping for the best not just for myself but for everyone else.

Goodluck everyone!

Hi @valwantstohelp

Thank you so much for posting your email and info!!! I was able to complete my FAFSA and now we shall patiently wait :)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi @Slim22sworker

I am going to apply to CSULA as well, I have just been lagging it. Those are great schools, I can't wait to hear about your acceptances! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi @Jerusalem,

That's super exciting, I'm glad you turned it in so early! Please do share an update once you hear back :)

Hi @Dee03,

Your GPA and background looks great, I don't think you need to sweat it! Wishing you all the best of luck as well! 

Hi! Mailed my application in, and about 2 days after USPS said it was delivered I got an email saying they received my application. This was on 10/25.

just got an email yesterday (11/30) saying my application was forwarded to the department for review. 

Hi everyone!

I submitted the CSUApply app oct 1 and got the email saying it’s been received, but i sent the MSW packet nov 19 and haven’t heard anything yet? Also sent a missing transcript and that still hasn’t been processed (if you have receipt of transcript order that’s fine though i called and asked haha) . is anyone else waiting for confirmation from csulb about their msw app packets???

On 11/29/2018 at 8:01 PM, Dee03 said:

Hello everyone!

I turned in my application on November 26 and have not heard back since then. I graduated with a BA in Sociology from CSULB class of 2017. My major gpa is a 3.8 while my culmilative gpa is a 3.4. I have been working for a social service agency for just two months and have volunteered for several organization as well as earned certifications. I’m truly hoping for the best not just for myself but for everyone else.

Goodluck everyone!

Did you get a notification from the school of social work yet?

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Dee03 said:

@Ayely 

On Dec 10th they sent me an email saying that they received my application and on December 13th they sent me another email saying that they forwarded my application to the graduate department for a final review. 

They notified me on the 10th that they received my application as well but they haven't emailed me saying if it's complete or that they have forwarded it for a final review and I mailed it Nov 19. Hopefully they email me again soon. Thank you for responding!

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:31 PM, Jerusalem said:

Hey Guys, 

I turned mine in very early, Monday, October 15th.

Received an email from MSW that Friday saying that they have received my application. I was the second person to turn in the application to MSW. 

I received an email from the University on November 7th that my application is complete.

Another email from the University on November 15th that my application has been sent to the department.

I should be one of the first people to hear back from them because I was the second to turn in my application. Hopefully, I hear back from them before Christmas. Will update you guys. 

Have you heard back from CSULB? They have started sending our decisions for early birds.

On 12/17/2018 at 1:11 PM, loves_kwaito said:

Have you heard back from CSULB? They have started sending our decisions for early birds.

No, I have not. I have been checking every day. Do you know if they do the advance standing first? 

9 hours ago, Jerusalem said:

No, I have not. I have been checking every day. Do you know if they do the advance standing first? 

I don't think so. There is an applicant that got accepted for the two year program in integrated health. Hopefully we all hear back soon :)

Hello all,

I applied to the part time MSW program for CSUDH, CSULB, and Boston University. I turned in my applications the last week of October 2018. I turned them in early because last year I turned them in around December and I was denied for all schools because of the timing. So I wanted to make sure I turned them in early this year. I received an acceptance offer from CSULB Monday December 17, 2018 and an acceptance from Boston in November. I'm still waiting for an acceptance from CSUDH. I'm still trying to decide which program to accept. Both CSUDH and CSULB are both 29k cheaper than Boston. Any feedback from you all will be great, I'm so indecisive sometimes. Money is a big deal and also convenience.  Out of the three schools which one do you think is better? I also want to add that I'm a fulltime working mother. Wish you all good luck and always think positive. Last year I was a nervous wreck, every second looking for the acceptance that never came. This year around I just turned them in and manifested what I wanted and had faith in it and it worked out.

Edited by MSWblessing