CSULB MSW 2019

Bevster

I thought 

1 hour ago, charliebrown22 said:

I got an email on Monday that they forwarded my application for review. Wbu? Have you heard anything?

I thought I had replied, I’m sorry. I received an email on 02/22/19, saying they had my application with the department I had applied for and it was under final review. I submitted my application on 01/11/2019. 

8 minutes ago, MissB07 said:

I thought 

I thought I had replied, I’m sorry. I received an email on 02/22/19, saying they had my application with the department I had applied for and it was under final review. I submitted my application on 01/11/2019. 

No worries. I read from previous threads that they take awhile to get back to you because they get so many applications. And some people don't hear back until April and May ? 

On 4/19/2018 at 10:14 AM, CSULBound said:

Hey y'all! I've been hanging out on this page for some months now but haven't posted anything --figured it's probably time. 

I also submitted my application on the deadline and haven't heard anything since February 7th when CSULB confirmed my application had been forwarded to the graduate department. Yesterday, I called to see when we could expect decisions and the woman I spoke with told me that they receive between 65-75% of all of their applications on the date of the deadline and that we can expect to hear back by the end of May since decisions are rolling. She also mentioned that the notification we get from CSULB is automated and doesn't really affect the graduate department's decision timeline. 

I had some back and forth with the department back in Februaryabout my statistics class so it seems like my application went through a preliminary review before being forwarded to what they called "Department Review". 

Just to mention my background since I know that's one of the things I look for when I'm looking at old threads from past years: UCLA undergrad, 3.7 cumulative GPA. I've worked in immigration since I graduated in 2016 and I have various significant and ongoing volunteer experience with domestic violence intervention and prevention, immigrant literacy development, adult literacy development, suicide hotline work, and increasing civic engagement in the immigrant community. 

Hopefully this helps make some people a little less anxious about not hearing back by now! The woman I spoke to sounded a bit exasperated so I'm sure they're getting this question a lot :wacko:

I read somewhere that the messages are automated and I’m thinking they might be. My email came in at 2 am or maybe someone was working overtime haha well I guess it’s the waiting game until May 15. Wish you the best of luck ? I’ll post once I hear anything. 

Hello everyone,

I have been dreading the response I received from CSULB since I took it as a rejection/waiting game.

"your application has been placed in pending status. This means that a decision regarding your acceptance into the graduate program might not be rendered until we approach the end of the 2019 admissions cycle." "Although your application has merit, it did not fall within the designated category resulting in immediate acceptance."

Edited by Desher

On 3/11/2019 at 9:13 AM, Desher said:

Hello everyone,

I have been dreading the response I received from CSULB since I took it as a rejection/waiting game.

"your application has been placed in pending status. This means that a decision regarding your acceptance into the graduate program might not be rendered until we approach the end of the 2019 admissions cycle." "Although your application has merit, it did not fall within the designated category resulting in immediate acceptance."

It's tough not getting a response and then finally getting one that makes you even more anxious and uneasy. I feel for you and hope you get in! 

• 5 weeks later...

On 4/19/2019 at 12:42 AM, MissB07 said:

Has anyone heard anything? 

I haven't heard anything yet! I really need to know if I have been accepted or not because I accepted an offer from another school, just in case. I did submit my application two days before the due date, maybe that is why it is taking so long?

@MonetRenoircongratulations on your acceptance! What school did you get into? 

I also submitted 2-3 days before the deadline. The last email I received from them mentioned my application was being reviewed by the SW department. 

I was waitlisted for CSUN. That’s my dream school. 

Also, the deadline is May 15. So, hopefully we will hear from them soon. 

Edited by MissB07

Hello all of you, I'm sending all of you good vibes. I mailed my application to CSULB on December 22nd, although it was technically "received" until January 2nd because they were closed for the holidays. I received an email on January 7th stating that my application had been received by the Social Work department and on January the 21st one from CSULB stating that my application had been forwarded to the Department of Social Work. I was accepted to the 3-year program on February 15th. I did not apply to any other schools, CSULB was my top and only pick, I live in Indianapolis, IN and will be moving to California mid June. I figured that if I was not accepted, I would just focus on settling down and working and just reapplying for next year !!:) Wishing you all the best of luck!!

On 4/25/2019 at 10:32 PM, MissB07 said:

@MonetRenoircongratulations on your acceptance! What school did you get into? 

I also submitted 2-3 days before the deadline. The last email I received from them mentioned my application was being reviewed by the SW department. 

I was waitlisted for CSUN. That’s my dream school. 

Also, the deadline is May 15. So, hopefully we will hear from them soon. 

@MissB07 Thank you! I was admitted to CSUF! 

May 15 is the deadline for what?? For sending out acceptances or denials?

My friends have only received rejection letters from them so hopefully the fact that we have not heard anything yet is a good sign?

Sorry about CSUN, hopefully you are taken off of the waitlist and admitted to CSULB. I only applied to CSUF & CSULB, both for the 2-year program.

CSULB is my first choice. I hope we hear something in the next two weeks!

44 minutes ago, MonetRenoir said:

@MissB07 Thank you! I was admitted to CSUF! 

May 15 is the deadline for what?? For sending out acceptances or denials?

My friends have only received rejection letters from them so hopefully the fact that we have not heard anything yet is a good sign?

Sorry about CSUN, hopefully you are taken off of the waitlist and admitted to CSULB. I only applied to CSUF & CSULB, both for the 2-year program.

CSULB is my first choice. I hope we hear something in the next two weeks!

@MonetRenoirI believe May 15 is the deadline for sending out both acceptance and denial letters. 

Awww no way! I’m sorry to hear about your friends. I hope they got accepted to other schools. 

Thank you so much! I hope you get accepted to Long Beach! It’s such a beautiful campus. 

I will post on here once I hear something. 

Hello,

I applied to the program on January 3, 2019 and have been on the waiting list since February 8, 2019. I emailed them a few weeks ago to know the status of my application. They notified me that I will not know the final decision until June.  

Edited by Chard

On 5/4/2019 at 9:30 PM, Chard said:

Hello,

I applied to the program on January 3, 2019 and have been on the waiting list since February 8, 2019. I emailed them a few weeks ago to know the status of my application. They notified me that I will not know the final decision until June.  

@Chard hello:) I applied a few days before the deadline and received an email that my application was being reviewed by the department. 

I recently did the self service option and it said the same thing, it was still with the department. 

I didn’t know they had a waitlist already. 

When you say June, is that for the waitlist or June in general for the program?

p.s. congrats on the waitlist! I hope you’re accepted ?

@MissB07 

hey, 

i checked me application status for the 2-year MSW program for CSULB & I was denied. I’m bummed about it but not too much since I was admitted to the 2-year MSW program at CSUF. My ego is bruised! But I’m glad I know where I stand so I can focus my attention on one school.

The best of luck to you and I hope you are admitted!

I am going banana's not knowing what school I am going to attend. I also got accepted to the two-year program at CSUF. If I don't get accepted to the part-time program at CSUB, we'll probably be in the same class. I want to switch to the part-time program at CSUF. Do you think that's a possibility? 

1 hour ago, Chard said:

I am going banana's not knowing what school I am going to attend. I also got accepted to the two-year program at CSUF. If I don't get accepted to the part-time program at CSUB, we'll probably be in the same class. I want to switch to the part-time program at CSUF. Do you think that's a possibility? 

Congrats! Is CSUB short for Cal State Bakersfield?? and I honestly don't know if that is a possibility, i would definitely call and ask...You wouldn't be able to do the two-year program?

On 5/11/2019 at 3:19 PM, MonetRenoir said:

@MissB07 

hey, 

i checked me application status for the 2-year MSW program for CSULB & I was denied. I’m bummed about it but not too much since I was admitted to the 2-year MSW program at CSUF. My ego is bruised! But I’m glad I know where I stand so I can focus my attention on one school.

The best of luck to you and I hope you are admitted!

@MonetRenoir awww I’m sorry to hear about Long Beach. I felt the same when I got wait listed for CSUN, but I’m positive you will do great at CSUF! 

Thank you for the positive vibes. :) 

Also, did you check on the self-service? That’s where I’m looking and I get the same response from months ago, that my application is with the department for review.  :{

I emailed admissions at CSUF last week and inquired about the application status for the part-time MSW program. Kelly Segovia told me that notifications of acceptance/rejection would be sent out by the end of the month. 

Hope this helps. I've been waiting almost seven weeks for some news after my interview.