DrPH Applicants Fall 2019

pakiprincess

Hi Everyone,

I have been stressing out about hearing back from Harvard about my DrPH application. But it seems from the discussion here that interview is a part of the selection process and if one hasn't been called for the interview yet, it's really a telling that the mark wasn't crossed.

Just curious if this is the case - is interview a part of the selection process? 

I can sympathize with everyone. We just need to be patient! I am waiting to hear from Harvard, Hopkins and Columbia DrPH Programs. Does anyone know if interviews are necessary for admission to Columbia? It seems that interviews are required for Harvard; they are not required for Hopkins. Best of luck to all!

Just received my first admittance to Claremont Graduate University DrPH! Feeling relieved that I got somewhere, but who knows about funding for this program. Supposedly the admission packet is coming by mail, and will include fellowship information in it. If anyone else also applied here let me know!

57 minutes ago, theonewiththePhDapp said:

Just received my first admittance to Claremont Graduate University DrPH! Feeling relieved that I got somewhere, but who knows about funding for this program. Supposedly the admission packet is coming by mail, and will include fellowship information in it. If anyone else also applied here let me know!

YAAAS! Woot Woot! Congratulations! ?

4 hours ago, TopofthemuffinTOYOU said:

No, I haven't heard anything yet. ? There's some updated information on the Hopkins DrPH website about upcoming orientation for those lucky few of us who do get in. Just some dates to pencil in on your calendar. https://www.jhsph.edu/academics/degree-programs/doctoral-programs/doctor-of-public-health/admissions.html

Well that's frustrating! I just scheduled an international trip last week for this exact same week for an investigators meeting... Has anyone followed up with JHU directly on their timing for decisions? It's so tempting to call and ask, but I hate to do anything that annoys someone on the other end of the line!

4 hours ago, drph2019 said:

Well that's frustrating! I just scheduled an international trip last week for this exact same week for an investigators meeting... Has anyone followed up with JHU directly on their timing for decisions? It's so tempting to call and ask, but I hate to do anything that annoys someone on the other end of the line!

I actually called them and left a message on Friday with a few questions. Radio silence. And that’s after 2 emails with the same questions (after I was told in my ad hoc interview to email with questions). We’re just going to have to wait it out. Sorry about your trip - hopefully you both get accepted to Hopkins AND can reschedule your meeting. 

Does anyone else think that SOPHAS is lacking as far as a clearing house application is concerned? I had two of three recommenders call the school and send their recommendations letters directly as there were issues uploading to sophas.

On 2/20/2019 at 8:17 AM, BigTuna said:

Does anyone else think that SOPHAS is lacking as far as a clearing house application is concerned? I had two of three recommenders call the school and send their recommendations letters directly as there were issues uploading to sophas.

I did have an issue with a recommender thinking that it was submitted, but wasn't. I didn't realize it because I didn't know there was a difference between the "Accepted" and "completed" until my last two recommenders completed theirs. But other than that, I didn't have any issues with the schools getting the recs from SOPHAS. 

6 hours ago, TopofthemuffinTOYOU said:

Will be be attending Berkeley or are you waiting on other programs? Congrats!

Waiting on Boston, Harvard and Hopkins before I make my decision.. I've always lived in the northeast so the cross-country move is a little intimidating!

12 hours ago, TopofthemuffinTOYOU said:

I just called the Hopkins admissions # and the woman on the phone said "DrPH admissions decisions will be made in the next 2 weeks - late Feb or early March." So, that really doesn't tell me anything I don't already know, but gives me false hope that I might hear this week. ?

Oh great, so I was kind of just waiting for next week to start freaking out, but if they are saying "late February" that means this week. I hope they can't see on their end how many times I'll be checking the portal in a day ?

Just got rejected from Harvard DrPH... Now my only remaining result is Columbia DrPH which I don't think I will get into (also was my least preferred choice of the 4 schools I applied to).

16 minutes ago, Jay1 said:

Just got rejected from Harvard DrPH... Now my only remaining result is Columbia DrPH which I don't think I will get into (also was my least preferred choice of the 4 schools I applied to).

Also got rejected from Harvard’s DrPH ?. Waiting on Hopkins and Columbia DrPH. Do you know if Columbia conducts interviews? I have not received any interview invites...