DrPH Applicants Fall 2019

pakiprincess

Admissions board: What would you like to study

Me: The effects of chronic 'Click-Refresh' on doctoral candidates and the associated rise of carpel tunnel and dibilitating anxiety.

Admissions board: ......we see what you did there, well played. Welcome to Harvard.

45 minutes ago, wishyouwll said:

Reality check: Have you had an interview, either F2F or Skype, with you school of choice? if not, and you haven't heard yet if you have been accepted, please ease your anxiety and concentrate on how to position yourself best for your DrPH 2020 application.

As has been discussed here repeatedly before, Bloomberg doesn't interview everyone who gets an acceptance. 

On 3/1/2019 at 4:12 PM, Jay1 said:

Congratulations to all who got admitted to BU. And it seems like the Harvard rejection club is thriving.

I have no idea if Columbia does interviews unfortunately. What department did you apply to? Based on last year, it seems we should know in the next week to 10 days. I've already kind of mentally decided to try again in next year's application cycle and to be more strategic about things.  Unless an absolute miracle happens and I get off the Hopkins (PhD) waitlist with funding. But no regrets, this application cycle has been a major learning experience and really I should have made time to scour these forums BEFORE applying rather than last minute-ing everything around my work schedule.

Hi, I've been lurking around the PhD forum and thought I'd check here for some insight. Could I ask which program you've been waitlisted for at Hopkins? And if there is any chance you think anybody would actually reject Hopkins and list moves up?

On 3/9/2019 at 7:47 AM, fingerscrossed19 said:

Hi, I've been lurking around the PhD forum and thought I'd check here for some insight. Could I ask which program you've been waitlisted for at Hopkins? And if there is any chance you think anybody would actually reject Hopkins and list moves up?

No problem. I applied for the PhD program in Health, Behaviour and Society a.k.a. Social and Behavioural Sciences. I sincerely doubt that enough people are going to reject Hopkins in my department that the list will move up. I mean it's not impossible, miracles do happen, and they've never promised great funding which can be a barrier to admitted students who would otherwise want to accept, but I'm not hingeing my hopes and giving myself sleepless nights waiting to get off the waitlist. I'm already thinking about the Fall 2020 application cycle. Are you also waitlisted? What department/program?

On 3/7/2019 at 4:34 AM, Rose petals said:

I applied to Sociomedical Sciences. What about you? I definitely will give more time towards the application process. I thought a month and a half would be enough: definitely not the case with a full-time job. At least we know that Hopkins decisions will come out soon. 

Applied to Columbia Sociomedical Sciences DrPH as well. Definitely will give more time next time to the non-admin stuff like perfecting my personal statement et al so it's not all a rush doing it on December 1. The struggle to do it with a full-time job that eats into nights and weekends, is definitely real!

On 3/8/2019 at 6:52 PM, wishyouwll said:

Reality check: Have you had an interview, either F2F or Skype, with you school of choice? if not, and you haven't heard yet if you have been accepted, please ease your anxiety and concentrate on how to position yourself best for your DrPH 2020 application.

I have two acceptances, and one pending result from F2F interview -- I just need this last decision to come through so I can make my decision. Haha.