DAAD PhD scholarship results 2019-2020

Sayed Jalal

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2018 at 9:21 AM, Allegoriya said:

Hi, my status is "Application submitted". Did you have the same before getting "paper copies received"?

Hi, 

Yes, I had the same status.

Also I contacted with Razi from DAAD, she said the result will be announced end of February/ beginning of March 2019.

22 hours ago, Sayed Jalal said:

Hi, 

Yes, I had the same status.

Also I contacted with Razi from DAAD, she said the result will be announced end of February/ beginning of March 2019.

Did Razi say anything about the interview? 

I spoke with the DAAD rep too, and she told me that it is not clear now whether we will be interview or not this year. Also, she informed me that the results will be announced in May...   

? May!?

No, she did not say anything about interview and I don't know anything about it. 

The DAAD office in Afghanistan is closed so if we have an interview it will be on Skype.

On 12/8/2018 at 9:21 AM, Sayed Jalal said:

? May!?

No, she did not say anything about interview and I don't know anything about it. 

The DAAD office in Afghanistan is closed so if we have an interview it will be on Skype.

Yes, May ? and I am also wondering why May, if people from other countries are notified earlier.

I think that if they decide to conduct an interview for us, it will be in January. In the previous years it was the thing that German professors conducted face-to-face interviews for all MA applicants in January. I think that this year it will be the same, and this will apply for a PhD applicants too (if they invite us for an interview). 

Why is your DAAD office closed? Is it because of the holidays, or it is not working there?    

Edited by Allegoriya

Hi, everyone. Anyone applying for the DAAD Research Grant for Ph.D. I applied last year without any luck so I'm trying my luck this year, again. Three weeks ago I got an email from the DAAD portal asking for my whereabouts in the months of January and February. I have already started my Ph.D. in Germany so of course, I told him I will be in Germany. He then told me that if I will be in my home country (Ghana) there will be an organized interview for all applicants. Since I told him I will be in Germany during the period I was informed then that my application will be decided based on the submitted documents in Bonn and no interview is required. 

When I applied last year from Ghana, there was no such message or interview. Anyone also in this situation? 

On 12/13/2018 at 5:54 PM, Gyedu said:

Hi, everyone. Anyone applying for the DAAD Research Grant for Ph.D. I applied last year without any luck so I'm trying my luck this year, again. Three weeks ago I got an email from the DAAD portal asking for my whereabouts in the months of January and February. I have already started my Ph.D. in Germany so of course, I told him I will be in Germany. He then told me that if I will be in my home country (Ghana) there will be an organized interview for all applicants. Since I told him I will be in Germany during the period I was informed then that my application will be decided based on the submitted documents in Bonn and no interview is required. 

When I applied last year from Ghana, there was no such message or interview. Anyone also in this situation? 

Hi, Gyedu,

For me it's the first year when I submit my application for a DAAD Research Grant for PhD. I applied from my home country.

I think that you shouldn't worry about the interview, as you already started your research in Germany. The DAAD office in my country informed me that sometimes they conduct interviews for applicants and sometimes they don't. It might depend on many factors, such as a number of applicants, etc. 

What Application status do you have on the portal? Mine is still "Application submitted", and it worries me a lot... 

On 12/13/2018 at 9:08 AM, Allegoriya said:

Yes, May ? and I am also wondering why May, if people from other countries are notified earlier.

I think that if they decide to conduct an interview for us, it will be in January. In the previous years it was the thing that German professors conducted face-to-face interviews for all MA applicants in January. I think that this year it will be the same, and this will apply for a PhD applicants too (if they invite us for an interview). 

Why is your DAAD office closed? Is it because of the holidays, or it is not working there?    

DAAD and Germany embassy is closed because of a suicide bombing on 31 May 2017 and it remains closed until further notice. 

On 12/13/2018 at 5:24 PM, Gyedu said:

Hi, I applied for the DAAD Research Grant for PhD 2019/20 for first time. 
Why your last year application had rejected? 

Students who apply from their home country have more chances, I heard this form a professor.

17 hours ago, xeviroth said:

Hi I am applying DAAD Research Grants for Ph.D study and the status still the same "Application submitted". 

Hi
My status is changed to "paper copies received".

Good luck

On 12/15/2018 at 9:43 AM, Sayed Jalal said:

DAAD and Germany embassy is closed because of a suicide bombing on 31 May 2017 and it remains closed until further notice. 

Got it. This might be a reason why they are sending your paper docs to Bonn. In our case, professors get paper applications when they arrive for conducting interviews. 

On 12/15/2018 at 5:57 AM, Sayed Jalal said:

Hi, I applied for the DAAD Research Grant for PhD 2019/20 for first time. 
Why your last year application had rejected? 

Students who apply from their home country have more chances, I heard this form a professor.

I don't know about that though

On 12/16/2018 at 5:59 AM, Sayed Jalal said:

Hi
My status is changed to "paper copies received".

Good luck

Were you asked to submit paper copies via post? I did that last year but this year I was told not to and only submit a letter of recommendation via post. 

14 hours ago, Gyedu said:

Were you asked to submit paper copies via post? I did that last year but this year I was told not to and only submit a letter of recommendation via post. 

I sent all my docs by DAAD portal.

17 hours ago, Allegoriya said:

Got it. This might be a reason why they are sending your paper docs to Bonn. In our case, professors get paper applications when they arrive for conducting interviews. 

OK! You are right

Hi everyone,

I applied for PhD scholarship from my home country and I received an "Acknowledgement of receipt" letter from DAAD portal which mentioned that the final decision will be made approximately within three weeks after the interview.

After few days, I received the interview invitation from DAAD office of my home country which said that the interview will be held on Jan 4.

My status on DAAD portal is still ''Application submitted'.

Good luck to everyone :)

39 minutes ago, jyl07 said:

Hi everyone,

I applied for PhD scholarship from my home country and I received an "Acknowledgement of receipt" letter from DAAD portal which mentioned that the final decision will be made approximately within three weeks after the interview.

After few days, I received the interview invitation from DAAD office of my home country which said that the interview will be held on Jan 4.

Hi, Jyl07,

Wow, that's super fast! Good luck to you at the interview! :) 

What's your country?

On 12/21/2018 at 8:09 AM, jyl07 said:

Hi everyone,

Hi Jyl07

very good. You are in front line of us

Have a good interview

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2018 at 8:09 AM, jyl07 said:

Hi everyone,

Hey,

How was your interview?

13 hours ago, xeviroth said:

Hi, I am done with my Interview since Nov 2018. But, They have not contacted me yet since that. The status still the same "application submitted"

Thanks

Dear Xeviroth, you will just have to wait until the end of March just like everyone else?

Which country are you applying from?

Edited by Gyedu