DAAD PhD scholarship results 2019-2020

Sayed Jalal

I just got the award earlier today! My status had changed to "Funding". I emailed them to ask for confirmation, and the official letter was uploaded within 5 minutes. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but reaching out via email might be what's most effective!

I'm super excited! Does anyone know if we can keep our regular stipend while having the One-Year Ph.D. grant?

2 hours ago, jabujabubelly said:

I just got the award earlier today! My status had changed to "Funding". I emailed them to ask for confirmation, and the official letter was uploaded within 5 minutes. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but reaching out via email might be what's most effective!

I'm super excited! Does anyone know if we can keep our regular stipend while having the One-Year Ph.D. grant?

Congrats!!

What country are you from? And did you reach out to your regional office? Thanks :)

1 hour ago, mp124 said:

Congrats!!

What country are you from? And did you reach out to your regional office? Thanks :)

Thank you! I am studying in the U.S., and yes I did reach out to the regional office! They were not really helpful via phone (told me the letter would arrive in April, which obviously wasn't the case), so I would suggest sending them an email. Best of luck!

15 hours ago, riel said:

you’ll receive it after a week.

my comments: 

1. It’s not yet final until you sign the Acceptance of Conditions. Also, theyre  finalizing everything before sending the Award Letter.

2. Duration of scholarship is one year, in the letter you will find the details that it is renewable every year.

3. Mine also was Application Submitted for a long time before it changed to Selection Made then Funding

4. They can either give you no language course, 2 months, 4 months, or 6 months depending on the need for your German institute. The location is not the same city  with your university. They’ll provide pocket money during those preparatory language course. 

5. Do not inform your Professor because it’s not final until the Award Letter was prepared. Youll  apply for visa if you already have the letter and the Insurance Certificate which you will receive about a week after sending your Acceptance.

Good luck!

Which country are you from?

I am applying for Msc in the field of Architecture. along time my application status has changed from submitted to paper copies received, and it remains unchanged till today. should I move on without any hope or do you think there is still a chance to get any positive feedback? 

8 hours ago, Alila said:

I am applying for Msc in the field of Architecture. along time my application status has changed from submitted to paper copies received, and it remains unchanged till today. should I move on without any hope or do you think there is still a chance to get any positive feedback? 

Yes, status doesn't matter.

Hope for the best

23 hours ago, Chaimaa said:

Anyone here from Morocco received any responses?? I applied for research grants - short term 2019 and my application status still says application submitted.

Hey There! 

I'm from Morocco. My application status still says Application submitted as well. The status depends on whether our regional center (In Tunisia) updates our status on the portal. So don't worry about that. 

I had applied back in August (the deadline of my application was the 31st August 2018) What about you ? 

Woke up today if an email saying that I have received a message in the DAAD Portal. 
After long weeks of waiting and seeing only "Selection Made" on my application status, today it changed to Application Rejected. This is some data extracted from the message that I received that I would like to share if anyone interested: 

The Selection Committee for the selection Study Scholarships for Foreign Graduates in the Fields of Fine Art, Design, Visual Communication and Film had to decide between 334 applications and was able to award 43 scholarships.

Unfortunately I was not one of them.
But thanks for everyone that helped me here!

2 hours ago, DieterRams said:

Woke up today if an email saying that I have received a message in the DAAD Portal. 
After long weeks of waiting and seeing only "Selection Made" on my application status, today it changed to Application Rejected. This is some data extracted from the message that I received that I would like to share if anyone interested: 

The Selection Committee for the selection Study Scholarships for Foreign Graduates in the Fields of Fine Art, Design, Visual Communication and Film had to decide between 334 applications and was able to award 43 scholarships.

Unfortunately I was not one of them.
But thanks for everyone that helped me here!

Hello guys, this is the second time I applied to the scholarship for artistic talents. My status changed today from "selection made" to "application rejected". I didn't got an e-mail or anything, it will probably arrive later today. Even though I didn't got the scholarship,  I'm still planning on going to Germany and studying a master's degree in graphic design this year. If you are awarded the scholarship that's awesome! But if you don't, life still goes on and you can achieve your dreams on a different way, don't let that discourage you! Best of luck to everyone!

Hello guys, 

Today I have mailed DAAD and they informed me that my status is selection made because I am on the reserve  list. 

My take is : they inform the ones who got the scholarships and the remaining ones are on the reserve, so I guess the longer it takes the less likely one is to get the grant. 

My hope is getting less and less as I have had the selection made status for like for ever now. 

56 minutes ago, wily.m said:

Hello guys, 

Today I have mailed DAAD and they informed me that my status is selection made because I am on the reserve  list. 

My take is : they inform the ones who got the scholarships and the remaining ones are on the reserve, so I guess the longer it takes the less likely one is to get the grant. 

My hope is getting less and less as I have had the selection made status for like for ever now. 

Mine too

1 hour ago, wily.m said:

Hello guys, 

This week they are only sending rejections. I didn't saw a single person that get acceptance in this week. 

I am losing hope day by day

5 hours ago, wily.m said:

Hello guys, 

Hey wily.m,

Same situation here. Did they tell you when is gonna be any news? Do you know about any case of success being in the selection list before?

I don´t know if it depends on the region, but here in Latin America they told me there is gonna be news in June about the reserve list candidates. 

Patience in the loooong selection waiting.

Edited by Artaud

13 hours ago, wily.m said:

I think it is quiet here in the forum because many people already know their final decision/results. A few of us a hanging 

They are sending acceptance and rejection at the same time. I applied for masters scholarship in fine arts. Some of students got acceptance,  some got rejection but my results are still unknown. 

So don't loss hope 

6 hours ago, Princess-pakistan said:

They are sending acceptance and rejection at the same time. I applied for masters scholarship in fine arts. Some of students got acceptance,  some got rejection but my results are still unknown. 

So don't loss hope 

I have mailed them through the portal asking when I will get the final results but they have not responded. 

I usually do not get responses when I mail via the portal, it is them same for the rest ?

3 hours ago, Princess-pakistan said:

I got status of application rejected 

Best of luck for all

3 hours ago, Princess-pakistan said:

I got status of application rejected 

Best of luck for all

Am so sorry to hear that. 

And after waiting all this long. 

I hope will not give up hope and try other ways or maybe in the next application round.