DAAD PhD scholarship results 2019-2020

Sayed Jalal

Hello guys, wish you all the best of luck.

I have just received my award letter ?

I am applying for a phd from Egypt. At first, I received a message in 20 febraury informing me that the committee recommended me for the scholarship. Since 10 days, my status changed to selection made for several days then became blank for 1 day then changed to funding on the last Tuesday.

My language course will be in Koln starting in June.

Good luck for all aplicants.

23 hours ago, Darroush said:

I am applying for a phd from Egypt. At first, I received a message in 20 febraury informing me that the committee recommended me for the scholarship. Since 10 days, my status changed to selection made for several days then became blank for 1 day then changed to funding on the last Tuesday.

Many congratulations. Wishing u all the best. 

On 4/5/2019 at 2:39 PM, Darroush said:

Best of luck ! 

I've also received an email around the 19th of February saying that I've been recommended for the scholarship though still waiting for my letter of award.

4 hours ago, Almasa said:

Best of luck ! 

I've also received an email around the 19th of February saying that I've been recommended for the scholarship though still waiting for my letter of award.

Hello Almasa, you can email them thru the portal and they will respond.

Good luck.

11 hours ago, Darroush said:

Hello Almasa, you can email them thru the portal and they will respond.

Good luck.

how long does it take them to respond?

On 4/5/2019 at 7:09 PM, Darroush said:

Well done.. and best of luck

I'm from India.

I am just fade up with the sluggish attitude of the DAAD India office. Can you please help me out understanding what's what. 

On the first occasion, DAAD mailed me this:   

"The DAAD is glad to offer the scholarship that you had applied for. Please let us know by 12 NOON tomorrow at the latest by email if you accept the scholarship or not. I am sorry for the very short notice.

This is a preliminary enquiry so kindly do not communicate this offer to anyone. Not even your German / Indian guides as this is not the formal offer. DO NOT ANNOUNCE THIS OF THE SOCIAL MEDIA."

When I  accept the offer, the reply was like this: 

"Thank you for accepting the DAAD PhD scholarship ... ... ... Please book a visa appointment as soon as you get the award letter. Please keep in mind that the DAAD cannot intervene with the Embassy or consulate regarding the visa. This is not applicable to those who are already in Germany. It is very important that you inform us immediately if for some reason you are unable to accept the scholarship so that that scholarship can be offered to some other deserving student."

The third communication was like this: 

"The award documents will take another 3 to 4 weeks (which means towards the end of April). Please inform your respective guides only after you have the award letter.

Take a visa appointment as soon as you get the same. I will give you the contact details for the vfs later.

Meanwhile please send me the following information so that we can inform the respective consulates about your award and visa application

Name, Passport number, Mobile number, Email id, Where will you apply for visa"

On the portal, the status is still 'application submitted'.

I can not deduce anything solid out of these emails. Are they sending everyone this kind of emails just to screen their opinions, or to the potential awardees? 

Hi everyone,

My statues has just changed to "Selection Made" after a very long "Application Submitted" longer than my fellows (appx. 3 weeks) what should that mean??

19 hours ago, Antiquestardust said:

I'm from India.

I am just fade up with the sluggish attitude of the DAAD India office. Can you please help me out understanding what's what. 

"The DAAD is glad to offer the scholarship that you had applied for. Please let us know by 12 NOON tomorrow at the latest by email if you accept the scholarship or not. I am sorry for the very short notice.

This is a preliminary enquiry so kindly do not communicate this offer to anyone. Not even your German / Indian guides as this is not the formal offer. DO NOT ANNOUNCE THIS OF THE SOCIAL MEDIA."

"Thank you for accepting the DAAD PhD scholarship ... ... ... Please book a visa appointment as soon as you get the award letter. Please keep in mind that the DAAD cannot intervene with the Embassy or consulate regarding the visa. This is not applicable to those who are already in Germany. It is very important that you inform us immediately if for some reason you are unable to accept the scholarship so that that scholarship can be offered to some other deserving student."

"The award documents will take another 3 to 4 weeks (which means towards the end of April). Please inform your respective guides only after you have the award letter.

Take a visa appointment as soon as you get the same. I will give you the contact details for the vfs later.

Meanwhile please send me the following information so that we can inform the respective consulates about your award and visa application

I can not deduce anything solid out of these emails. Are they sending everyone this kind of emails just to screen their opinions, or to the potential awardees? 

Dear

The DAAD just send you an message in portal. 

I think the messages you have received are not from DAAD.

5 hours ago, Sayed Jalal said:

Dear

The DAAD just send you an message in portal. 

I think the messages you have received are not from DAAD.

If these emails were received on your portal then just do as they say, you'll get your letter soon enough. The attitude and the way the emails were written may just be due to the fact that the person from the DAAD contacting you has limited english  ? Or that they keep getting new information from their higher ups so the info they send you keeps changing  ? 

On a different note, if these emails were received on your private email, then that's weird and there could be an issue there, so don't send your private information unless it's on the portal. Also, I think you should call the DAAD office in Bonn to make sure (By the way it should be someone from the DAAD office in Bonn who should let you know about the award letter and whether you got the scholarship or not) , ask to speak with the person responsible for your region and let them know that you've received consecutive emails and you're not sure how to proceed from here and what you should do.

Best of luck.

On 4/8/2019 at 11:22 AM, Antiquestardust said:

I'm from India.

Dear Antiquestardust, I think you are on the right track. the procedures change from region to another, but the outcome is the same. You just have to wait and everything will be OK ? 

On 4/8/2019 at 9:00 AM, MohNour said:

how long does it take them to respond?

It depends! the first time I got the answer after 3 days. The second time they replied on the same day.

6 hours ago, Darroush said:

It depends! the first time I got the answer after 3 days. The second time they replied on the same day.

I have written to DAAD via the portal twice and both time they have not responded to me. 

DAAD operates in very strange ways.

On 4/9/2019 at 3:44 PM, Antiquestardust said:

I received these emails from the regional DAAD office.   

If it's from your regional DAAD office then you must have received the email on your portal. So it's good news. I hope you receive your award letter soon. Don't worry it'll all work out for the best in the end. 

Can anyone who's got award letter and other documents share screenshot of what they look like ( with personal details hidden  or hazed out). Just excited about what all is written and which all doc's do we get along with award letter! 

On 4/13/2019 at 1:20 AM, Almasa said:

When do we submit the medical consent and how is that done ? 

The medical consent will be submitted after you receive the award letter documents.

7 hours ago, Antiquestardust said:

After a long time, the status has been updated to 'Selection made'. How long does it usually take for changing 'Selection made' to 'Funding'?      

For me, it took 5 days.