DAAD PhD scholarship results 2019-2020

Sayed Jalal

On 4/17/2019 at 10:27 PM, Antiquestardust said:

Hello folks. Can you please tell me with what postal address you uploaded the consent processing medical data form; I mean whether it should be the address of the primary accommodation location in Germany or that of the permanent residence in the home country?   

It would be the permanent address in home country (the one mentioned on passport which you used for all other official documents submitted to DAAD)

Cheers!

While some of us are still waiting.. have any of you looked for other funding programs? It's known that the DAAD is one of the most named programs, but I guess there would be others

Hi guys! I'm Riel Ingeniero from the Philippines. Anyone who's language course will be in Berlin? I'll be in Berlin starting June 1. I'll be doing my PhD at GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research in Kiel by October.

37 minutes ago, Darroush said:

I emailed them simply by clicking on the new message icon.

Capture.PNG

Thanks , for some reason they have not responded to my 2 mails. 

Hello. My status has changed from 'Selection made' to blank to 'Funding'. I can also find a link for uploading the declaration of acceptance in the navigation menu. 

But, I have not received the award documents yet. When can I expect the documents to arrive because then only I would be able to upload the declaration?  

7 hours ago, Antiquestardust said:

Hello. My status has changed from 'Selection made' to blank to 'Funding'. I can also find a link for uploading the declaration of acceptance in the navigation menu. 

But, I have not received the award documents yet. When can I expect the documents to arrive because then only I would be able to upload the declaration?  

Congratulations! In my case, it took a week.

12 hours ago, Antiquestardust said:

I received the letter of award along with other documents yesterday. Finally a sigh of relief. 

All the best for those who got the scholarships. 

Congrats !! I had received an email from the DAAD saying that I was recommended for the scholarship back in February though my status just changed to Selection made today... this is really nerve wracking ! But oh well I'll just have to wait. 

By the way, did you receive the award documents by postal mail ?

Edited by Almasa

7 hours ago, Antiquestardust said:

Is there anything else to upload other than the declaration of acceptance and consent processing medical data on the portal once you get the award documents? 

congratulations!! so far I only did these two :))

Hello All !

I was wondering, during my application I never had to send hard copies of my documents to the DAAD. But now would the DAAD ask for them ? Do I need to make certified copies (at the embassy) of my documents in case the DAAD asks for them ? and for the people who did send the hard copies, did you send them simple copies, or copies that have been certified at the embassy ?

On 5/14/2019 at 7:41 PM, Almasa said:

Hello All !

I was wondering, during my application I never had to send hard copies of my documents to the DAAD. But now would the DAAD ask for them ? Do I need to make certified copies (at the embassy) of my documents in case the DAAD asks for them ? and for the people who did send the hard copies, did you send them simple copies, or copies that have been certified at the embassy ?

Hello Almasa, 

You will need the certified documents for the admission at the university, and of course, all documents must be certified.

Can you please explain which copies I need to get certified? 

When I applied through the portal, I had to send them the hard copies too. They were not certified by embassy.

Which documents do I need to get certified, please mention. 

By the way, I already got a visa from the embassy. 

Edited by Antiquestardust

13 hours ago, Antiquestardust said:

When I applied through the portal, I had to send them the hard copies too. They were not certified by embassy.

What was the visa application process like for you?

On 5/21/2019 at 4:11 PM, Antiquestardust said:

I certified my school leaving certificate, my bachelor and my master degrees as well as all my transcripts by the embassy. I also had my internship certificates certified. I'm not sure if I'll need them, but I certified them just in case I do. 

5 hours ago, Antiquestardust said:

German national visa was issued to me by the consulate in my home country. 

Congratulations on your visa. Where are you going to be taking the language course ? I'll be in Munich.