DAAD PhD scholarship results 2019-2020

Sayed Jalal

On 1/5/2019 at 1:40 PM, Sayed Jalal said:

Hey,

How was your interview?

Hi,

The interview went smoothly. All questions were reasonable (research interest, why Germany, why the city/ institution, research experiences during graduate and how that connects to PhD project), but I haven't received the final result. :wacko:

On 1/6/2019 at 7:45 PM, xeviroth said:

Hi Gyedu, thanks for your reply. I am applying from Malaysia. Just a bit worry because there is no update about the interview yet.

Good Luck!

Hi Xeviroth,

I received an email saying that the meeting will be held this month. Are you applying for Bi-Nationally Doctoral supervised too? Mine is Bi-Nationally Doctoral Supervised.

Hello everyone,

I had the interview on Oct 25th, 2018, since then my status has not changed and it still says "Application Submitted"; glad to know we are all in the same condition regarding that. In the interview they told me the results will be given at the end of february, I am a bit anxious since I have some doubts related to my performance in the interview, they were 6-7 people asking me questions mainly about the research project; I think I could have done better but still hope for their approval.

Best wishes to all of you,

On 12/16/2018 at 7:59 AM, Sayed Jalal said:

Hi
My status is changed to "paper copies received".

Good luck

Similarly, my status is still "paper copies received"I was interviewed by DAAD panel on 6th December 2018, results will be announced  on February 2019.

On 1/15/2019 at 11:20 AM, DavidJones said:

Similarly, my status is still "paper copies received"I was interviewed by DAAD panel on 6th December 2018, results will be announced  on February 2019.

But I have not done an interview yet.

On 1/13/2019 at 5:41 AM, ilyana said:

Hi Xeviroth,

I received an email saying that the meeting will be held this month. Are you applying for Bi-Nationally Doctoral supervised too? Mine is Bi-Nationally Doctoral Supervised.

Hi Ilyana,

I am applying for Research Grant for Doctoral Degree.

WIsh us luck!

Thank You

On 1/20/2019 at 5:33 AM, Sayed Jalal said:

Dear Sayed, 

I applied two years ago and I am applying again this year. To the best of my knowledge it isn't everyone that is called for interview. And the fact that you are not called for an interview does not mean you are not going to be considered for funding. I think the interview is country specific. Every country has its own rules. I never attended an interview for my first application but was considered in the application pool (even though I didn't get it). I can imagine the anxiety most of us are feeling right now. Let's just keep our fingers crossed. Good luck to all of us

16 hours ago, Gyedu said:

Dear Sayed, 

I applied two years ago and I am applying again this year. To the best of my knowledge it isn't everyone that is called for interview. And the fact that you are not called for an interview does not mean you are not going to be considered for funding. I think the interview is country specific. Every country has its own rules. I never attended an interview for my first application but was considered in the application pool (even though I didn't get it). I can imagine the anxiety most of us are feeling right now. Let's just keep our fingers crossed. Good luck to all of us

Dear Gyedu,

Thank you for your response. I hope all friends can get this scholarship. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Could you please say the process of selection?

Edited by Sayed Jalal

16 hours ago, Sayed Jalal said:

Dear Gyedu,

Thank you for your response. I hope all friends can get this scholarship. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Could you please say the process of selection?

Well, from my experience last year, the selection committee will meet the first week of February and the results will be announced three to four weeks later (however, sometimes it might take longer up to six or eight weeks for everyone to get a response depending on the number of applicants). 

7 hours ago, Gyedu said:

Well, from my experience last year, the selection committee will meet the first week of February and the results will be announced three to four weeks later (however, sometimes it might take longer up to six or eight weeks for everyone to get a response depending on the number of applicants). 

Thank you very very

much.

8 hours ago, Gyedu said:

Sure, according to interview panelist, they will meet Bonn during the first week of February, @Gyedu am getting nervous on the selection process, do you have any idea on what they are going to assess? is it an interview or proposals?

7 hours ago, DavidJones said:

Sure, according to interview panelist, they will meet Bonn during the first week of February, @Gyedu am getting nervous on the selection process, do you have any idea on what they are going to assess? is it an interview or proposals?

I have no idea how the assessment is done, however last year in my rejection letter they stated that they had to make a decision for 48 applicants out of 375, this shows how competitive DAAD is. In order not to experience any broken heart or rejection of oneself (I did experience those last year lol), I will advise if you could possibly calm your nerves down by taking your mind off it for a while. Or perhaps you can look at other scholarship options. 

9 hours ago, DavidJones said:

I've read somewhere else that the local pre-selection comittees have strong influence on the final decision.

On 1/20/2019 at 9:33 AM, Sayed Jalal said:

Hi Sayed Jalal,

The colleagues are telling the right things above. But let me tell you that our DAAD office informed me that this year they are having late interviews for the CA region. Applicants for master degrees will have their interviews in March (and we should keep in mind that there will be the same panel for the MA and PhD applicants, if there is any interview for PhD applicants). So, I am thinking that if now interviews are mostly conducted somewhere in Malaysia or Thailand whose applicants will be notified in Feb, we will be notified later, as our interviews will be conducted in March. 

By the way, I still have "Application submitted" on the portal, and nothing has changed there since the deadline.  

We should stay calm and wait... 

On 1/24/2019 at 2:33 PM, Allegoriya said:

Hi Sayed Jalal,

The colleagues are telling the right things above. But let me tell you that our DAAD office informed me that this year they are having late interviews for the CA region. Applicants for master degrees will have their interviews in March (and we should keep in mind that there will be the same panel for the MA and PhD applicants, if there is any interview for PhD applicants). So, I am thinking that if now interviews are mostly conducted somewhere in Malaysia or Thailand whose applicants will be notified in Feb, we will be notified later, as our interviews will be conducted in March. 

By the way, I still have "Application submitted" on the portal, and nothing has changed there since the deadline.  

We should stay calm and wait... 

Dear Allegoriya,

Thank you so much. it is better to stay calm.

On 1/23/2019 at 4:57 PM, Esteban Arias said:

I've read somewhere else that the local pre-selection comittees have strong influence on the final decision.

Hey, do you mind sharing where you read that, please?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2018 at 10:23 AM, Sayed Jalal said:

Hi, 

Yes, I had the same status.

Also I contacted with Razi from DAAD, she said the result will be announced end of February/ beginning of March 2019.

Hello,

I Huma Yari from Kabul Afghanistan and I have also applied for Research Grants PhD Program 2019/2020 in August 2018. My application status is also paper copies received.  Unfortunately I have heard that this year there is no DAAD scholarships for Afghans. Is that true? I am also really worried about the result and I have not recieved any message or email from DAAD portal for conducting an interview.

Hi,

The Good news is that the selection committee is currently meeting and the result of the selection will be out by the end of the month or at most Early March. If you have not done interview by now, it means your country is not part of the countries that suppose to conduct interview and in such case your application will be considered in the selection committee. By now, you all would have received a letter officially confirming that DAAD received your application and further directives. The selection process is already on the call for the scholarship. For now, just keep your fingers crossed and look up for some lucks. I wish you all the very best of the process.

Ellacity

5 hours ago, Ellacity said:

Hi,

The Good news is that the selection committee is currently meeting and the result of the selection will be out by the end of the month or at most Early March. If you have not done interview by now, it means your country is not part of the countries that suppose to conduct interview and in such case your application will be considered in the selection committee. By now, you all would have received a letter officially confirming that DAAD received your application and further directives. The selection process is already on the call for the scholarship. For now, just keep your fingers crossed and look up for some lucks. I wish you all the very best of the process.

Ellacity

Thank you for the update, Ellacity. I was hoping they met last week, but if they are currently meeting means we'll have to wait a bit after when I expected.

11 hours ago, Ellacity said:

Hi,

Ellacity

Dear Ellecity,

Would you, please say where you got this information from? I mean, you sound very certain about the process. However, when I asked our DAAD Rep. in January, she informed me that for our country the interviews for MA programs are scheduled for March, and that probably the PhD applicants will be also interviewed in March. 

Also, my status on the portal remains "Application submitted", but you are firmly saying "By now, you all would have received a letter officially confirming that DAAD received your application and further directives". Could you, please confirm for which country is that? 

Thank you very much in advance,

Allegoriya