DAAD PhD scholarship results 2019-2020

Sayed Jalal

5 hours ago, Huka said:

Hi, I had also interview (in November 2018) and I've not heard nothing. For my current scholarship (for masters from DAAD) I had the interview in November 2017 and the DAAD office my home country let me know in December 2017 that they had selected me as a candidate and I would get the final decision in Febuar 2018 (at the end of march I got a letter of award and came to Germany in June. In October I started my master, which will be finished in September 2019. Now I'm waiting for the result of research grant scholarship). That's why I got extremely nervous and wrote to the office in my country last month, asking if we would get no status information this year. They answered "this year we don't inform you of nothing -in any case- till end of February. We're sorry but please just wait". Maybe it's only in our region but maybe global...

Thanks Huka. I think it applies globally. Good to know that I am not the only one who never got any updates from them. :)

10 hours ago, resistome said:

hi guys, have any of you noticed any change in the funding end date in your portal? does that carry any significance?

Hi, I also noticed that the funding end date is changed. I dont know if it is have some significance. But, hopefully it is good sign. Because, I have not received any updates from them since last year. Wish you all the best! 

7 minutes ago, xeviroth said:

Initially mine was 1.10.2019-30.09.2021, but they changed it to 1.10.2019-30.09.2020. 

Mine  was changed from a funding end  date  of  01.10.2022 to  30.09.2020

I thinking  it's just  a correction since  the  funding  period  is usually  extends for 1 year (initial funding) 

Edited by karubey
spelling

11 minutes ago, karubey said:

I'm thinking  it's just  a correction since  the  funding  period  is usually  extends for 1 year (initial funding).

But, did you receive any update for the status? Mine still application submitted. 

3 hours ago, karubey said:

I'm thinking  it's just  a correction since  the  funding  period  is usually  extends for 1 year (initial funding).

No, it’s not just a correction. With my experience from last year, It most likely means that you have been shortlisted. Most people who wrote about this last year were shortlisted.

On 2/14/2019 at 4:56 PM, samy_wale said:

No, it’s not just a correction. With my experience from last year, It most likely means that you have been shortlisted. Most people who wrote about this last year were shortlisted.

No changes in dates.

It means that I am not shortlisted?

10 hours ago, Sayed Jalal said:

No changes in dates.

It means that I am not shortlisted?

Hey no worries! You know, it depends on the section, which status or date you have on portal. The person(s) in charge of your program or your country -that means section in Bonn- and the person at the office in your country are authorized to see your portal and make some changes there, as far as I know. Maybe it's true those who have already the date till Sep. 2020 are shortlisted (I don't know it because my actual scholarship is for a year from the moment of my application), but possibly the person in charge of your program has not done it, because of any reason.

Guys,

status or date on portal is not so important. We receive an e-mail if there's an important change on our status and we've got a message. I understand too much that our anxiety leads us to the portal but we should not stress us unnecessarily through the updates that are possibly specific ones in other sections.

I'm not saying we should not changing information but the receiver must be somehow relaxed! Although I'm not relaxed...

Edited by Huka

12 hours ago, Huka said:

Hey no worries! You know, it depends on the section, which status or date you have on portal. The person(s) in charge of your program or your country -that means section in Bonn- and the person at the office in your country are authorized to see your portal and make some changes there, as far as I know. Maybe it's true those who have already the date till Sep. 2020 are shortlisted (I don't know it because my actual scholarship is for a year from the moment of my application), but possibly the person in charge of your program has not done it, because of any reason.

Guys,

status or date on portal is not so important. We receive an e-mail if there's an important change on our status and we've got a message. I understand too much that our anxiety leads us to the portal but we should not stress us unnecessarily through the updates that are possibly specific ones in other sections.

I'm not saying we should not changing information but the receiver must be somehow relaxed! Although I'm not relaxed...

Dear Huka,

Thanks for your comment. Also I'm not relaxed, everyday I am checking the portal.

51 minutes ago, Allegoriya said:

Did you have your interview, or have you been notified about it??

51 minutes ago, Allegoriya said:

Did you have your interview, or have you been notified about it??

No I did not any interview.

I said before there is no DAAD office in Afghanistan, I sent all document via portal.

UPDATES: I also noticed changes in dates,  it was 30.9. 2019-30.9.2021 but it changed to 1.10.2019 to 30.09. 2020, but my status is still paper copies received, I did an interview on 6th December. colleagues what does it means? any leads?

DAAD Portal.png

33 minutes ago, DavidJones said:

UPDATES: I also noticed changes in dates,  it was 30.9. 2019-30.9.2021 but it changed to 1.10.2019 to 30.09. 2020, but my status is still paper copies received, I did an interview on 6th December. colleagues what does it means? any leads?

DAAD Portal.png

Same things happened to me. I think we should wait for more updates from DAAD. No clue on what is the meaning of the change of date. 

7 hours ago, Esteban Arias said:

Anyone here from Latin America expecting the scholarship results?

Here!

ive has the “paper copies received” for months now. I sent my portfolio and letter of recommendation quite in advance before the deadline.

im trying to keep my expectations low though since I applied while already having a letter of acceptance. 

Anyway, nothing has changed...no email, nothing. :(