DAAD PhD scholarship results 2019-2020

Sayed Jalal

54 minutes ago, ilyana said:

Actually, the meeting is still ongoing. Probably this week or next week, it will be announced - according to DAAD person in charge. 

They told me the meeting will take place in March and the results could be announced in April.

19 minutes ago, Literatist said:

They told me the meeting will take place in March and the results could be announced in April.

It differs according to different type of research grants. That's what they said.  We cannot assume that one single meeting for all application since they have various type of research grants. 

12 hours ago, Rocoten said:

Here!

ive has the “paper copies received” for months now. I sent my portfolio and letter of recommendation quite in advance before the deadline.

im trying to keep my expectations low though since I applied while already having a letter of acceptance. 

Anyway, nothing has changed...no email, nothing. :(

Yeah, I also had the acceptance letter to the Uni before the application; but I think the portal changes are being done for the applicants from Africa-East Asia, nothing heard from LA applicants, EU or US. Mine is still application submitted even after the interview.

Anyway, good luck for both of us!

19 minutes ago, xeviroth said:

Hi Ilyana, did you contact the DAAD rep? because I try to call them but no response.

Hi Xeviroth,

Yes, last 2 weeks I phoned them asking regarding this. Then, last week, I received an email from them, as a follow up to my inquiries. 

Edited by ilyana

14 hours ago, ilyana said:

Actually, the meeting is still ongoing. Probably this week or next week, it will be announced - according to DAAD person in charge. 

From this statement, This means the decision will be based on DAAD in Bonn rather than in country rep DAAD right? So, I think it applies globally. 

4 hours ago, xeviroth said:

From this statement, This means the decision will be based on DAAD in Bonn rather than in country rep DAAD right? So, I think it applies globally. 

I am not sure about that. Maybe. Unfortunately, that's all information I had. Hope all of us will be blessed with the DAAD lucks.  

FYI

As a rule, a pre-selection round or an assessment of incoming applications is carried out by a pre-selection committee in your home country. The pre-selection committee may be made up of local university teachers (with special consideration given to former DAAD scholarship holders and former Alexander von Humboldt Foundation scholarship holders), German university teachers and assistant professors appointed by the DAAD, lecturers from the Goethe-Institut, representatives of the relevant ministries or partner organisations of the DAAD or the relevant DAAD regional office. The final decision is generally made by a selection committee of German university teachers with the involvement of staff members from the DAAD head office in Bonn. However, the latter have no voting rights.

The selection committee for the final decision is appointed by the DAAD Executive Committee on the basis of academic and regional factors. The selection committee members review the submitted applications and then judge the reasons given for the application on the basis of their knowledge of the general and academic circumstances in the applicant's country of origin and in Germany. They assess the plausibility and feasibility of the project, the status of preparations for the stay in Germany, how the stay is integrated into the applicant's schedule of studies or academic career, the applicant's academic qualifications and language skills. If necessary, experts of the respective subject are asked to submit written statements.

The applicant's academic qualifications and personal suitability are the decisive factors in all scholarship award decisions. The DAAD selection committees will, above all, base their decision on the proof of academic achievements, on letters of recommendation submitted by university teachers and on a description of the study or research project in question.

Specifically, the following selection criteria will be taken into consideration:

1. Previous academic achievements and examination results as well as the applicant's particular knowledge in his/her academic field
2. Letter from a German university teacher confirming the provision of academic supervision for the applicant; proof of contacts between the applicant's home and host institutes
3. Where appropriate, proof of German language skills
4. General questions of character and personality that are of significance to the success of a stay abroad
5. Where appropriate, the significance in terms of development policy of the proposed project for the home country
6. The extent to which the applicant will be able to apply the experience gained in Germany back in the home country (prospects for career re-integration, particularly relevant in the case of scholarship award decisions for applicants from developing countries)

Once the application has been reviewed, it will be rated on the basis of a points system. This is then used to produce a ranking list and finally to award the scholarships in accordance with the number of available places. Decisions are documented in writing at the DAAD head office. Applicants are advised of the results of the selection process. The diversity of assessment elements, their weighting in relation to each other and the assurance of absolute confidentiality of the decision-making process in the selection committee mean that applicants are not advised of the reasons for decisions.

36 minutes ago, Ellacity said:

FYI

As a rule, a pre-selection round or an assessment of incoming applications is carried out by a pre-selection committee in your home country. The pre-selection committee may be made up of local university teachers (with special consideration given to former DAAD scholarship holders and former Alexander von Humboldt Foundation scholarship holders), German university teachers and assistant professors appointed by the DAAD, lecturers from the Goethe-Institut, representatives of the relevant ministries or partner organisations of the DAAD or the relevant DAAD regional office. The final decision is generally made by a selection committee of German university teachers with the involvement of staff members from the DAAD head office in Bonn. However, the latter have no voting rights.

The selection committee for the final decision is appointed by the DAAD Executive Committee on the basis of academic and regional factors. The selection committee members review the submitted applications and then judge the reasons given for the application on the basis of their knowledge of the general and academic circumstances in the applicant's country of origin and in Germany. They assess the plausibility and feasibility of the project, the status of preparations for the stay in Germany, how the stay is integrated into the applicant's schedule of studies or academic career, the applicant's academic qualifications and language skills. If necessary, experts of the respective subject are asked to submit written statements.

The applicant's academic qualifications and personal suitability are the decisive factors in all scholarship award decisions. The DAAD selection committees will, above all, base their decision on the proof of academic achievements, on letters of recommendation submitted by university teachers and on a description of the study or research project in question.

Specifically, the following selection criteria will be taken into consideration:

1. Previous academic achievements and examination results as well as the applicant's particular knowledge in his/her academic field
2. Letter from a German university teacher confirming the provision of academic supervision for the applicant; proof of contacts between the applicant's home and host institutes
3. Where appropriate, proof of German language skills
4. General questions of character and personality that are of significance to the success of a stay abroad
5. Where appropriate, the significance in terms of development policy of the proposed project for the home country
6. The extent to which the applicant will be able to apply the experience gained in Germany back in the home country (prospects for career re-integration, particularly relevant in the case of scholarship award decisions for applicants from developing countries)

Once the application has been reviewed, it will be rated on the basis of a points system. This is then used to produce a ranking list and finally to award the scholarships in accordance with the number of available places. Decisions are documented in writing at the DAAD head office. Applicants are advised of the results of the selection process. The diversity of assessment elements, their weighting in relation to each other and the assurance of absolute confidentiality of the decision-making process in the selection committee mean that applicants are not advised of the reasons for decisions.

I was looking for this for a long time, thank you so much!

They were asking for 5-6 in the motivation letter to be explained. Hope we all can get the scholarship... 

8 hours ago, Allegoriya said:

Hi Literatist,

Just to confirm, are these dates actual for the Research Grants - Doctoral Programs? Or they are for another type of scholarship? 

I am talking about Research Grants – Doctoral Programmes in Germany 2019/2020

19 minutes ago, karubey said:

My status is application submitted. My  fellow applicants  had  their status  changed  to  selection  made last Friday.

Only changes I have is the  funding period dates. Any hope?

I am also in the same situation. :) We should put our finger crossed for the result.

result.

May I know from where are you applying?