Fall 2019 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

47 minutes ago, Hopingfortheverybest said:

Did anyone else get an email from a Houston PI yesterday saying that they will be making the decisions today?

No? LOL. If you got an e-mail with that information, then that's great news for you! Haven't heard ANYTHING from Houston ? 

Edited by checkingmyemail
idk what I write, clearly

1 hour ago, Hopingfortheverybest said:

Did anyone else get an email from a Houston PI yesterday saying that they will be making the decisions today?

When I pre interviewed with the PI I applied to, she mentioned that the committee will be meeting today, 01/09, to make recommendations on who to invite. I'm expecting to hear back later this week or early next with decisions. Best of luck to us! 

School: University of Maryland - Baltimore

Type: Human Services Psychology PhD

Date of invite: January 8th, 2019

Type of invite: Phone call from POI with formal invitation from grad admissions to follow

Interview date(s): February 8

Edited by mums_the_word

1 minute ago, JKPsych said:

any other uva curry clinical and school peeps hear back? i saw one person on the results page posted...hoping this doesn't mean im out of the running!

I saw the post too and I'm hoping for the same thing! According to the post, it looks like the email sent out today was a general email extended to everyone being invited- not good news for us. :(

18 minutes ago, JKPsych said:

any other uva curry clinical and school peeps hear back? i saw one person on the results page posted...hoping this doesn't mean im out of the running!

I also heard back from uva curry today. It did seem like a mass invite... Sharing because I have been in your shoes with many other schools this past month! Feel free to DM me for POI initials.

8 hours ago, PsychGal said:

To the Minnesota poster with the phone interview, did you apply to the DPCS program or the adult clinical psych? Also do you know if all faculty are conducting Skype interviews currently and would you mind DMing me your POI please? Thanks!

Me too please!!

Could the person who posted on the results page about PennState post on here so I can message you?Would love to know more as I and one of my other summer internship friends are anxiously waiting to hear back from PSU!

If anyone has gotten an invite from Colorado Springs, would you mind clarifying if it was the trauma or geropsychology track? Does anyone know if these two tracks tend to send invites out at the same time or do they operate independently?

On 1/8/2019 at 5:46 PM, psychforvets said:

Hi everyone! First application cycle for me and looking for some perspective....Once schools start extending interview invitations to other candidates, how long should someone hold out hope before they realize it's just not happening? ? Thanks!

If you're seeing invites on the TGC results page for schools you applied to, and you haven't heard anything ~2 weeks before the scheduled interview dates, it's safe to assume rejection. So most likely by mid January, if the schools you applied to have interviews between 2/1-2/5.

I've been in your position before, it sucks. You take the L, become more competitive, and increase your chances for the next application round (If you decide this is truly the career path you'd like to take).

Edited by checkingmyemail

On 1/9/2019 at 9:55 AM, irisyuz21 said:

Anyone heard from SMU yet? They’re interview day is 1/25. Is it appropriate if I email POI to ask whether the invitation has been sent out? Had applied to 10 schools with 1 rejection. Nervous to death now. 

Have you gotten any feedback about this? I'm also wondering if the department has made interview decisions.

16 hours ago, mums_the_word said:

School: University of Maryland - Baltimore

Type: Human Services Psychology PhD

Date of invite: January 8th, 2019

Type of invite: Phone call from POI with formal invitation from grad admissions to follow

Interview date(s): February 8

Is this UMBC?  If so, will you please DM your POI?  Thanks

On 1/10/2019 at 9:32 AM, ClinPsych591 said:

Email from GWU  - seems like all first round interviews went out. Said if people don't accept by Jan. 13th they will send 2nd rounds out.

Thanks for the post- did you email them to get that response or did you get an email you and let you know?