Fall 2019 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

19 minutes ago, irisyuz21 said:

To whom just post the invitation of U Michigan, could you please send me your POI infor? and it is a mass email?

Thanks and Congraz!

Same please if you could DM me POI initials or tell me if it is a mass email? Thank you in advance!

3 hours ago, counselme said:

has anyone heard from xavier or widener PsyD?? waiting and freaking out

I’m also waiting on Widener. (And 7 other psy.d. programs) 2 people on the results page said they have interviews, so I’m not sure what that means for those of us who haven’t heard. 

20 minutes ago, aer621 said:

I’m also waiting on Widener. (And 7 other psy.d. programs) 2 people on the results page said they have interviews, so I’m not sure what that means for those of us who haven’t heard. 

PsyD programs tend to interview later, so don't give up hope! I have a friend who applied to Widener and she hasn't heard back yet either. Fingers crossed for us all!

Drexel Clinical folks who posted yesterday, could y'all PM your POI? Seems that AJ and EF have been calling their folks but I'm waiting to hear from MB :( So stressed about this particular program!

Edited by dancedementia

What is the thinking on sending POI a follow-up email after you don't get an interview invite?  It appears that all the interview day invites have gone out, but alas my inbox is empty.  I'd like to take this as a learning opportunity.  I had contact with the POI prior to application submission.  Is it inappropriate to reach back out?

2 minutes ago, LindsPhD said:

What is the thinking on sending POI a follow-up email after you don't get an interview invite?  It appears that all the interview day invites have gone out, but alas my inbox is empty.  I'd like to take this as a learning opportunity.  I had contact with the POI prior to application submission.  Is it inappropriate to reach back out?

I did this last year. I had a lot of positive back and forth with the POI and they agreed I was a great fit, so I was surprised I didn't get an interview. I framed the email in the sense of asking for feedback on how to improve my application for next round as I was very interested in working with them. They were receptive and very kind, explaining that I was in the top few and if 1 of the people that were extended an invite declined I'd be next on the list (obviously didn't happen). They also gave me solid feedback on how to improve my application if I were to go into another application cycle. Luckily I got accepted somewhere else, and I'm incredibly happy with the program even though it initially wasn't my top choice. I can't imagine being anywhere else now!

There are just so many incredibly qualified applicants. It's hard to not feel discouraged when you don't even get an interview to a program you thought you'd be a great fit for. Sometimes it's just the luck of the draw and there are 3 really great and equal candidates but only 2 spots for that POI. 

School: Loyola University Chicago

Type: PhD

Date of invite: 1/11/19

Type of invite: Email from Psych Department Office Coordinator on behalf of DCT at Loyola. Does not appear to be mass email, more like personalized template (e.g. insert name here type email)

Interview date(s): Option of either 2/1 or 2/8 with social event night before

I'm so excited, this was my first choice and I had doubts about making it to the interview stage for this program!! 

Guest Clickingrefresh
1 minute ago, Round3clinicalpsych said:

I’m also curious! Never got a rejection even though it looks like they sent those out

I’m in the same boat!