Fall 2019 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

46 minutes ago, Clickingrefresh said:

Has anyone heard anything else from University of Nebraska - Lincoln? Have all their invites gone out?

You're welcome to message me for my POI, but I have no insight into whether all invites have gone out or what it means if you haven't heard anything either way.

20 hours ago, Giovanni’s room said:

Has anyone heard from Kansas child track?

I haven't, also wondering if interviews have been sent out. Everyone I heard from who had an interview was adult track, which is technically a different department, so I'm holding out hope. 

School: Northern Illinois University

Type: Clinical Psychology PhD

Date of the invite: January 11

Type of invite: Email from POI with a formal invitation attached

Interview date(s): February 25 - 27

Does anyone know if the University of Virginia (Clinical/School Psych) sent out a general invitation email? I noticed 2 different posters received interview invitations on different days, but the first poster wrote "mass email." 

Just out here wondering if I still have a chance. 

School: University of Alabama Birmingham

Date of the invite: January 10

Type of invite: Email from DCT w/ formal interview invitation

Interview date(s): February 10-11

School: George Washington University

Date of the invite: January 9

Interview date(s): February 2

School: City University New York

Type: Health Psychology & Clinical Science PhD

Interview date(s): February 4

1 hour ago, jkdfkjadnfj said:

Does anyone know if the University of Virginia (Clinical/School Psych) sent out a general invitation email? I noticed 2 different posters received interview invitations on different days, but the first poster wrote "mass email." 

Just out here wondering if I still have a chance. 

I received what seemed like a mass email. Feel free to DM me for POI!

38 minutes ago, mtoad527 said:

Did GWU say they've sent out all invites or do you know if it's an ongoing process? 

4 minutes ago, colo19 said:

Did GWU say they've sent out all invites or do you know if it's an ongoing process? 

The e-mail indicated that those invited have until Sun. Jan 13 to confirm their attendance. After that date, any unconfirmed invitations will go to individuals who are on a waitlist. Hope that helps!

Alas, I think I'm out of the running for Drexel. Most of the calls seem to have gone out this week from all of my POIs (you're asked to rank your top 3 on the application), and I didn't receive anything. I'm not writing anything off until the end of next week, but I think it might be time to have my first application season ugly cry :') Looking through the current student profiles on my POI's lab page, I'm actually not surprised. Most of their students have 2+ years of paid lab manager/research coordinator work experience in an eating disorders lab (my research interest). I... definitely do not, haha.

Edited by dancedementia

School: East Tennessee State University 

Type of invite: Phone call (thankfully I could answer at work, was very surprised!)

Interview date(s): February 18

Unfortunately the same day as another program's interview, does anyone have advice for asking if a school is willing to let you interview a different date? I'm really interested in this program but already have flights and hotels booked for the other side of the country this day..

1 minute ago, spookycat said:

Type of invite: Phone call (thankfully I could answer at work, was very surprised!)

Unfortunately the same day as another program's interview, does anyone have advice for asking if a school is willing to let you interview a different date? I'm really interested in this program but already have flights and hotels booked for the other side of the country this day..

This happened to me with another date! You say you're really excited to interview with them but unfortunately have committed to interviewing at another school on the same date and is there potentially an alternate day they're offering or would be willing to let you come instead! I got an interview at ESTU as well :) 

3 minutes ago, spookycat said:

I had the same issue! I got my first two interview invites in late December and they were both for the exact same days and didn't want to drop either. The second one I received was for a school that was one of my top choices but I had already committed and bought plane tickets for the other school and did not want to risk alienating them, especially so early in the interview season. My lab mates and current PI gave me the advice to email the school you hadn't committed to yet (the one that conflicts) and make sure to emphasize just how much you want to go to their interview but you've already made a commitment to another school that you want to honor. Then ask if there is an alternative interview date (there almost always is) that you could go to for an in-person interview. Also, since admissions makes their decisions so quickly, try to ask if they have an earlier interview date. If they say that's not an option then you can do the same thing with the school you already committed to and hope that they a.) have an alternate date and b.) your plane tickets can be changed.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions! This sort of thing is a stressful, but good, problem to have.

1 hour ago, mtoad527 said:

Do you happen to know from the UAB invitation whether or not it was a mass invitation? Trying to gauge whether or not I'm still in the running there

School: Wayne State University

Date of the invite: January 11th

Type of invite: Email from POI, formal invitation to follow 

Interview date(s): February 15th (alternate date of 2/18)

Was NOT expecting this, but legitimately shaking! Feel free to PM me for information!

6 minutes ago, SoldierOn said:

Do you happen to know from the UAB invitation whether or not it was a mass invitation? Trying to gauge whether or not I'm still in the running there

It did seem to be a mass invitation, as it was addressed "Dear applicant," w/ no tailored information.

3 minutes ago, mtoad527 said:

It did seem to be a mass invitation, as it was addressed "Dear applicant," w/ no tailored information.

Darn...probably not much hope left then, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see ?. Thanks for the response!

School: CUNY - Grad Center

Type: Health Psychology & Clinical Science (HPCS) PhD

Date of the invite: January 11th

Type of invite: Mass email from program directors

Interview date(s): February 4th