Fall 2019 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

10 minutes ago, ihatedis said:

Is this thread not kind of redundant? If you get an interview, you're more likely to see requests in this thread. 

yeah.. ideally everyone would just include the initials when they post here

Just now, ellamarie123 said:

Literally going insane. I haven't heard ANYTHING

In the same boat as both of you. I heard from three places all in the same week (before Christmas) and it's been crickets since then. A couple of my schools have sent out invites apparently but I haven't heard back from anyone so I'm panicking.

6 minutes ago, dancedementia said:

In the same boat as both of you. I heard from three places all in the same week (before Christmas) and it's been crickets since then. A couple of my schools have sent out invites apparently but I haven't heard back from anyone so I'm panicking.

I've been refreshing this page all day.

School: Idaho State University

Type of program: Clinical Psychology PhD

Type of invite: Email from program director

Date of invite: 1/17/19

Interview Dates: 2/15 (Annual Psychology Department Research Forum and social events) and 2/16 (official interviews)

POI: RR

Very excited!

1 hour ago, aer621 said:

I've been refreshing this page all day.

Day, singular? Lol. Amateur.

Have been obsessed since my first invite on Dec 16. Nonstop checking, hundred+ times a day. Even while on vacation overseas where there's barely any internet. 

3 minutes ago, 21ny14 said:

Day, singular? Lol. Amateur.

Have been obsessed since my first invite on Dec 16. Nonstop checking, hundred+ times a day. Even while on vacation overseas where there's barely any internet. 

Oh I am also losing it. Constantly refreshing this page, and my email, and looking through my junk emails. Bargaining with myself how much longer I can hold out before I contact the schools. I feel like it’s especially bad because most of the places I’m still waiting on hearing from are places I haven’t seen anyone else post a result from. It’s agonizing haha

Hi all, wondering if anyone has had experience interviewing with multiple potential POIs on interview day. I've been asked to interview with two potential mentors at one of my top choice programs, both of which I mentioned in my personal statement. In this case, the tricky part is they have somewhat divergent research interests (but both are in the field of Child Clinical Psychology broadly), so I'm not quite sure how to tackle the interview.

Of course I want to appeal to both, but don't want to stifle my chances at being admitted to the program by trying to appeal to the research interests of both mentors simultaneously. My worry is that I'll seem scatterbrained and unfocused in my research interests if I try to "cater" to the research interests of each on interview day. (i.e., saying I hope to research x with the 1st mentor and simultaneously saying I hope to research something totally different with the other....I presume they'll speak with each other, since they're both in the same subgroup of the clinical psych department.) 

Anyone else experience this before or have a solution? This being my first application cycle and being lucky enough to snag several interview offers, I've definitely got pre-interview jitters!

29 minutes ago, Clinical_PhD said:

Hi all, wondering if anyone has had experience interviewing with multiple potential POIs on interview day. I've been asked to interview with two potential mentors at one of my top choice programs, both of which I mentioned in my personal statement. In this case, the tricky part is they have somewhat divergent research interests (but both are in the field of Child Clinical Psychology broadly), so I'm not quite sure how to tackle the interview.

Of course I want to appeal to both, but don't want to stifle my chances at being admitted to the program by trying to appeal to the research interests of both mentors simultaneously. My worry is that I'll seem scatterbrained and unfocused in my research interests if I try to "cater" to the research interests of each on interview day. (i.e., saying I hope to research x with the 1st mentor and simultaneously saying I hope to research something totally different with the other....I presume they'll speak with each other, since they're both in the same subgroup of the clinical psych department.) 

Anyone else experience this before or have a solution? This being my first application cycle and being lucky enough to snag several interview offers, I've definitely got pre-interview jitters!

You need to be honest. POIs are usually not interested in working with clones of themselves. I'm assuming your interests align with both of them, so just be open about what it is you hope to study and why you think each POI could serve as a good mentor for you. Reflect back on what you wrote in your SOP. I imagine you addressed this idea somehow in there about why you selected each POI. Also, connect your interests to their current projects. Is one doing work with the exact population you want to work with? Are they using a methodology you'd really like to learn? Etc. You made it to the interview round, so they liked what they saw on paper. Reflect on your application materials and build on them. 

i called the the clinical psychology phd department at Rutgers, asking if the faculty have already sent out invites. they're having a meeting at 11am EST. ill call back later this afternoon. 

for the person who just posted a few minutes ago about an invite, could you please PM me who your POI was? ty

14 minutes ago, ClinPsych591 said:

Any word on Catholic?

No, and I'm dying over here!! It is one of my top schools and with the deadline for interview notifications being today, I cannot stop refreshing my email. UGH!!!!