Fall 2019 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

School: Syracuse University

Type: PhD

Date of invite: 1/18

Type of invite: Invited to in-person interview by POI during prelim phone interview

Interview date(s): 2/15 (2/14 grad student social/dinner)

1 hour ago, clinicalnerd said:

No, and I'm dying over here!! It is one of my top schools and with the deadline for interview notifications being today, I cannot stop refreshing my email. UGH!!!!

Oh my gosh same. Crickets. @ClinPsych519All I know is I called yesterday and the person was like I don’t know but invites haven’t gone out yet. Good luck!!! 

Edited by FreudEgg

41 minutes ago, FreudEgg said:

Oh my gosh same. Crickets. @ClinPsych519All I know is I called yesterday and the person was like I don’t know but invites haven’t gone out yet. Good luck!!! 

Well at least no one has heard anything! Good luck to you too!!

If we haven't heard anything back yet, I'm thinking now is the time to start re-prioritizing for the year and focusing on re-applying next cycle -- anyone else have thoughts about this? This is my first time applying and I only applied to 7 schools, so I'm not necessarily expecting to even get interviews this round, but the not knowing if I should have heard yet is... stressful. Anyway, if anyone else is in the same boat, just offering ya'll some solidarity! 

3 minutes ago, melimoo said:

If we haven't heard anything back yet, I'm thinking now is the time to start re-prioritizing for the year and focusing on re-applying next cycle -- anyone else have thoughts about this? This is my first time applying and I only applied to 7 schools, so I'm not necessarily expecting to even get interviews this round, but the not knowing if I should have heard yet is... stressful. Anyway, if anyone else is in the same boat, just offering ya'll some solidarity! 

I’m in an identical situation to a T. My mentor told me to just lick my wounds and focus on how I can improve my application for the next year. I do still have one school to hear from that sends invites out in February but I’m already planning for what I can do in the coming year. 

5 minutes ago, lpape said:

I’m in an identical situation to a T. My mentor told me to just lick my wounds and focus on how I can improve my application for the next year. I do still have one school to hear from that sends invites out in February but I’m already planning for what I can do in the coming year. 

Yeah, same. I work with two mentors who have both said they're thrilled to be able to employ me for another year and have even alluded to helping me pay for apps next year since the cost of applying was/is a big limiting factor for me, which is soooo nice. But I'm still going through the silly "boohoo I'm just not smart enough" feelings. I'm hoping/trying to refocus that energy into gearing up to re-apply. Hope you manage to do the same (and that the February invite might still roll in!).

On 12/12/2018 at 8:07 PM, AlexandraF said:

Did anyone apply to SUNY Buffalo clinical phd for fall 2019? I see in other years people got interview invites around this time. Wondering if anyone has info on it 

Hi I noticed your post whole trying to find anything at all on this program! Have you heard anything new? I emailed the dept a day ago and they said that they (this one specific person) did not think they had sent out any interview inviites yet; however, I am still questioning because I know someone who applied there as well but for the counseling/school program and was invited for interview that will occur next weekend... Im hoping they have different interview weekends for each dept.

Edited by psychclin

18 hours ago, dancedementia said:

Ferkauf/Yeshiva poster on the results page from yesterday, was your interview for the Adult or Child PsyD?

Going crazy here :(

I'm also curious about the YU person! I wish they'd send out all of their invitations at the same time.

9 hours ago, Schrödinger's Other Cat said:

School: University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV)

Type: PhD

Date of invite: 1/18

Type of invite: Email from DCT and follow-up email from POI

Interview date(s): 2/15 

Can you DM the POI please?