Fall 2019 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

I just saw in another thread that the on-site interview invitation for FIU PhD program in developmental psychology will be extended this coming week. Has anybody heard back from FIU regarding on-site interview invites for clinical psychology? On the result section, I noticed that only one person got an interview over the phone from a POI at FIU and that's pretty much it. 

3 hours ago, Steph93 said:

From what I've heard, they have met to review applications and have decided who they want to extend invites to, but I don't think invites have gone out officially yet. I believe they'll be coming out sometime very soon (perhaps next week?). 

Thank you! Is this for both UCLA and UCSD/SDSU? And do you know if we will hear if we DON'T get an interview as well?

23 hours ago, psychmajor2394 said:

Did you receive an interview from them as well?

yeah. so sorry for the delay! i actually managed to successfully stay off this for 24 hours.. it was tough. but it had to be done for the sake of sanity ?

does anyone know anything about if Harvard, Duke, or UCLA have extended any invites? It seems to be radio silence from them on the results page but in past years Harvard at least has been very unclear about their process so if anyone knows anything please let us know!

35 minutes ago, cp2020 said:

does anyone know anything about if Harvard, Duke, or UCLA have extended any invites? It seems to be radio silence from them on the results page but in past years Harvard at least has been very unclear about their process so if anyone knows anything please let us know!

I called Duke and especially Pamela Smith for info for a month now (maybe 10 times), and there's been no pickup for any of their numbers. Just sent them an email, but don't have my hopes up since Duke invited someone in early Jan.

1 hour ago, 21ny14 said:

I called Duke and especially Pamela Smith for info for a month now (maybe 10 times), and there's been no pickup for any of their numbers. Just sent them an email, but don't have my hopes up since Duke invited someone in early Jan.

I'm also wondering about UCLA?

1 minute ago, mischiefmanaged said:

Anyone heard from USUHS? Or know if there was going to be delays sending out invites due to the gov. shutdown?

We chatted about this on the clinical psych PhD/psyd thread :) their admissions said offers will go out late Jan/ early feb, but some posters mentioned some tracks may be impacted by the shutdown. 

22 hours ago, clinicalpsych20192020 said:

Thank you! Is this for both UCLA and UCSD/SDSU? And do you know if we will hear if we DON'T get an interview as well?

This is just for UCSD/SDSU. I'm sure we'll hear if we don't get an interview, but probably not for a while in that case.

On 1/20/2019 at 4:04 PM, JenIndianaPSY said:

I just saw in another thread that the on-site interview invitation for FIU PhD program in developmental psychology will be extended this coming week. Has anybody heard back from FIU regarding on-site interview invites for clinical psychology? On the result section, I noticed that only one person got an interview over the phone from a POI at FIU and that's pretty much it. 

I have, and I do believe I was the poster on results section if you are mentioning the person who said they posted about two POI interview invites. 

After our interviews one poi told me that for clinical, they had just finished reviewing apps (this was last Monday) and the interview date is around the 8th or 10th of feb (he wasn’t sure). 

That said, I think each POI is taking this week and maybe next to get back to all potential interviewees. Sadly though, I do know for almost every POI I applied to work under (in clinical and child psych) they had less funding to admit new students. I had two interviews and got an email of rejection last Tuesday. One day after interviewing. However I knew my chances were slim, they are (these two specific poi’s) only able to take extreme “all stars”. It’s all about funding sadly. I was very dismayed but that’s the name of the game 

Edited by psychclin

I've seen a handful of UT Austin posters on the results page - if anyone can message me/reply and let me know any details you know regarding POIs who have invited and/or if all invites have been extended - please do! 

8 hours ago, cp2020 said:

Harvard's totally up in the air tbh no one knows how they do anything there. I think it's safe to assume that if you haven't heard back by the end of Feb you're rejected. Cheers to the waiting game, I just hope my POI lets me know sooner than later.

3 hours ago, buckeyepsych said:

I've seen a handful of UT Austin posters on the results page - if anyone can message me/reply and let me know any details you know regarding POIs who have invited and/or if all invites have been extended - please do! 

in a funny turn of events - I got a preliminary phone invite not long after I posted this - PM for POI 

4 hours ago, psychclin said:

I have, and I do believe I was the poster on results section if you are mentioning the person who said they posted about two POI interview invites. 

After our interviews one poi told me that for clinical, they had just finished reviewing apps (this was last Monday) and the interview date is around the 8th or 10th of feb (he wasn’t sure). 

That said, I think each POI is taking this week and maybe next to get back to all potential interviewees. Sadly though, I do know for almost every POI I applied to work under (in clinical and child psych) they had less funding to admit new students. I had two interviews and got an email of rejection last Tuesday. One day after interviewing. However I knew my chances were slim, they are (these two specific poi’s) only able to take extreme “all stars”. It’s all about funding sadly. I was very dismayed but that’s the name of the game 

Hi, thank you for answering my post! Good luck with your application! 

On 1/18/2019 at 4:03 PM, psychclin said:

Hi I noticed your post whole trying to find anything at all on this program! Have you heard anything new? I emailed the dept a day ago and they said that they (this one specific person) did not think they had sent out any interview inviites yet; however, I am still questioning because I know someone who applied there as well but for the counseling/school program and was invited for interview that will occur next weekend... Im hoping they have different interview weekends for each dept.

I haven’t and just assumed I didn’t get in. From what I saw from previous years all interviews seem to be next wkd. (You can look at previous years results...)