Fall 2019 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

5 hours ago, Coffee123456 said:

Have you heard from La Salle? Email says they are sending invites “toward the end of January” 

I haven't heard anything from La Salle. It looks like last year, they didn't send out interviews until February 4th. Did they send you an email saying they'd send out invites later? I didn't even get that email. 

4 hours ago, dancedementia said:

School: Yeshiva University (Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology)

Type: Clinical PsyD (NOT the School/Clinical Child PsyD)

Date of invite: 01/24/2019

Type of invite: Mass email

Interview date(s): 02/07/2019 (not sure if this is for everyone or just me)

I guess whining about this enough on GradCafe made it happen xD

Congratulations and good luck!! I'm assuming that I was rejected since I still haven't heard anything. 

23 minutes ago, aer621 said:

I haven't heard anything from La Salle. It looks like last year, they didn't send out interviews until February 4th. Did they send you an email saying they'd send out invites later? I didn't even get that email. 

The email I received after submitting my applications said:

“Once we receive all required documentation, and your file is complete, our Admissions Committee will review your credentials. We will have two interview days; February 8, 2019 and February 11, 2019. Invitations to interview will be sent out by email toward the end of January” 

I still haven’t heard anything since then. It seemed like a mass email, maybe it went to your spam mailbox? I’m hoping to hear soon to make plans if they are keeping those dates. 

School: Saint Louis University

Type: Clinical Psych PhD

Date of invite: 01/24/2019

Type of invite: Email from Admin Assistant 

Interview date(s): Choose between 4 dates: 2/21, 2/22. 2/28, or 3/1

1 hour ago, aer621 said:

Congratulations and good luck!! I'm assuming that I was rejected since I still haven't heard anything. 

I'm pretty sure there are multiple interview dates. Another poster said his/hers was on 1/31, and they received the invite like 2 weeks ago, so I think they're doing the invites in waves. There's still hope!

2 hours ago, EileanDonan said:

Does anyone know if Drexel has finished extending invites?

^^^ This. Drexel has been such as stressor for me this application cycle. It is ironically the ONLY program where I had some connection with my PI (I worked in a lab that collaborated with hers on a project). Of course it's the program I don't hear back from lol.

Edited by dancedementia

1 hour ago, jkdfkjadnfj said:

I saw another poster for FIU today. Does anyone have any info on if this was a mass email or if they are done sending out invites? 

I emailed the program assistant (for Clinical Science in Child and Adolescent Psychology PhD) yesterday asking if all interview invites had been sent out, this was her response today:

"All I know is the applications are under review and the clinical faculty is reaching out to their top candidates. They do not tell me who the applicants they invited are until closer to the date of the applicant's arrival. If you need further information you may contact the director of the clinical program Dr. Erika Coles at ecoles@fiu.edu."

I interpreted as: no not all invites have been sent out (I know most faculty do prelim skype interviews before an in-person invite) and that there is probably not one single mass-interview date, but individual invites to campus. Willing to accept other interpretations as well ?

Edited by humanisticPOV

30 minutes ago, humanisticPOV said:

I emailed the program assistant (for Clinical Science in Child and Adolescent Psychology PhD) yesterday asking if all interview invites had been sent out, this was her response today:

"All I know is the applications are under review and the clinical faculty is reaching out to their top candidates. They do not tell me who the applicants they invited are until closer to the date of the applicant's arrival. If you need further information you may contact the director of the clinical program Dr. Erika Coles at ecoles@fiu.edu."

I interpreted as: no not all invites have been sent out (I know most faculty do prelim skype interviews before an in-person invite) and that there is probably not one single mass-interview date, but individual invites to campus. Willing to accept other interpretations as well ?

Thank you so much!!! I agree with that interpretation. I guess there is still hope.

4 hours ago, Coffee123456 said:

The email I received after submitting my applications said:

“Once we receive all required documentation, and your file is complete, our Admissions Committee will review your credentials. We will have two interview days; February 8, 2019 and February 11, 2019. Invitations to interview will be sent out by email toward the end of January” 

I still haven’t heard anything since then. It seemed like a mass email, maybe it went to your spam mailbox? I’m hoping to hear soon to make plans if they are keeping those dates. 

Ah, I looked back and found that email. I wish they would’ve told us further in advance though. 

School: Yeshiva University/Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology

Type: Clinical Psychology w/Health Emphasis PhD

Date of invite: 1/22

Type of invite: Email

Interview date(s): 2/6 and 2/13

AND

School: LIU Brooklyn

Type: Clinical Psychology PhD

Date of invite: 1/24/19

Type of invite: Phone call from graduate student

Interview date(s): 2/9

This was a really great week! I'm so surprised and happy! ??

27 minutes ago, TheEternalGrad said:

School: Yeshiva University/Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology

Type: Clinical Psychology w/Health Emphasis PhD

Date of invite: 1/22

Type of invite: Email

Interview date(s): 2/6 and 2/13

AND

School: LIU Brooklyn

Type: Clinical Psychology PhD

Date of invite: 1/24/19

Type of invite: Phone call from graduate student

Interview date(s): 2/9

This was a really great week! I'm so surprised and happy! ??

1 congrats! 2 was yeshiva a mass email?