Fall 2019 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

So I saw on the results page that someone has an interview next week for Yeshiva’s Child/School PsyD. Did anyone else hear back from them? It looks like they’ve been sending out interview invites since close to two months before the deadline. That’s so weird. 

6 minutes ago, AllyWantsAPsyD said:

So I saw on the results page that someone has an interview next week for Yeshiva’s Child/School PsyD. Did anyone else hear back from them? It looks like they’ve been sending out interview invites since close to two months before the deadline. That’s so weird. 

I haven’t received anything from them but I’ve been wondering the same! The deadline hasn’t even passed yet so I find it so weird that invites have been sent out already. 

8 hours ago, AnxiouslyAwaitingDecisions said:

1 congrats! 2 was yeshiva a mass email? 

Thank you so much! :)

For Yeshiva, I don't believe so, as it was addressed personally to me ("Dear [name]",). Checking the results section, it looks like a few heard the day after me about an interview. Hopefully they're still sorting through them and you'll hear as well! Good luck!

10 hours ago, TheEternalGrad said:

School: Yeshiva University/Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology

Type: Clinical Psychology w/Health Emphasis PhD

Date of invite: 1/22

Type of invite: Email

Interview date(s): 2/6 and 2/13

AND

School: LIU Brooklyn

Type: Clinical Psychology PhD

Date of invite: 1/24/19

Type of invite: Phone call from graduate student

Interview date(s): 2/9

This was a really great week! I'm so surprised and happy! ??

Looks like we’re interviewing at the same schools! Congrats!

15 hours ago, 21n14l said:

How do you know this, do you work there? Do you know who has and who hasn't?

I know this because I work here, but I do not know which professors specifically have or have not sent invites. Good luck!

Hi everyone! 

If you’re seeing this and you have any info about which POIs sent out invites already for University of Denver (Child Clinical PhD) and UMKC Clinical PhD, could you please message me? I’d message people directly but can’t find any direct posts about those invites on here. 

Thank you :) 

52 minutes ago, gottagetthedata said:

Hi everyone! 

If you’re seeing this and you have any info about which POIs sent out invites already for University of Denver (Child Clinical PhD) and UMKC Clinical PhD, could you please message me? I’d message people directly but can’t find any direct posts about those invites on here. 

Thank you :) 

Me too please for Denver!

On 1/13/2019 at 7:34 PM, refreshing_email said:

Has anyone heard from Nova Southeastern University? I had an interview there in early/mid December and they said they would let us know decisions within the next week or two but I haven’t heard anything...

Did they mention anything about funding during your interview? I just received an interview invite but their financial situation is a bit concerning 

Hey folks. What do you think is a polite way to turn down interviews? Frankly, I can't afford the travel costs and am trying to be selective about the schools I go to visit. One of my schools has stated they will not allow a Skype interview en lieu of the in-person interview. They are not high on my list and if accepted, I would probably not attend. How should I go about declining this? Just chalk it up to cost of travel?

42 minutes ago, dancedementia said:

Hey folks. What do you think is a polite way to turn down interviews? Frankly, I can't afford the travel costs and am trying to be selective about the schools I go to visit. One of my schools has stated they will not allow a Skype interview en lieu of the in-person interview. They are not high on my list and if accepted, I would probably not attend. How should I go about declining this? Just chalk it up to cost of travel?

I'd say yes - but be cautious since academia can be petty, and they'd likely turn you down if you apply again. I would entirely blame it on the cost of travel and tight finances, maybe saying something like, "Thank you so much for reaching out to me. While I would love to interview with your program, after looking more deeply at my current finances, I cannot afford the cost of travel at this time. I am grateful for your time and consideration, and I sincerely apologize for any difficulties this may have caused."

4 hours ago, IChoseThePsychoPath said:

Did they mention anything about funding during your interview? I just received an interview invite but their financial situation is a bit concerning 

Short answer is, they don’t fund. I got an offer from them yesterday for the PsyD and I’m waitlisted for the PhD ... but I don’t think I would consider either because tuition is really expensive 

School: Illinois Institute of Technology

Type: Clinical Psychology PhD

Date of Invite: 1/25

Type of invite: Email

Interview date(s): 3/1

I am not choosing the Rehabilitation Emphasis (while fascinating, I don't think it will align enough with my primary research interest).

2 hours ago, TiredOfApps said:

I'd say yes - but be cautious since academia can be petty, and they'd likely turn you down if you apply again. I would entirely blame it on the cost of travel and tight finances, maybe saying something like, "Thank you so much for reaching out to me. While I would love to interview with your program, after looking more deeply at my current finances, I cannot afford the cost of travel at this time. I am grateful for your time and consideration, and I sincerely apologize for any difficulties this may have caused."

I love this template response. Will definitely be using this for several programs!