Fall 2019 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

23 minutes ago, meb123 said:

My bad! Lol I completely forgot about that- I've been subtly pushing all the notification dates out of my head so I wasn't obsessing over them and driving myself crazy. But, my POI for USU is actually on leave until January so I don't know if that'll affect my app in any way. 

42 minutes ago, clinicalpsychhopeful said:

My bad! Lol I completely forgot about that- I've been subtly pushing all the notification dates out of my head so I wasn't obsessing over them and driving myself crazy. But, my POI for USU is actually on leave until January so I don't know if that'll affect my app in any way. 

That’s good I’ve been driving myself crazy haha

On 12/9/2018 at 12:11 PM, PsychM said:

(when doing this it is important to show your ability to form original thought and come up with your own ideas, i.e., I am interested in continuing research related to X because there are a number of questions I still have. For example does X blah blah blah? And, is what we know about X in population Y generalizable to population Z?" or something like this, you get the idea... just demonstrate that you are able to form your own hypotheses relevant to the research the PI does - this will help show that you truly have an interest in the research being done by the lab and want to contribute in a meaningful way.)

This is so very helpful for any interview and to help generate ideas and research language in general! Thank you for sharing!

17 minutes ago, ASDadvocate said:

This is so very helpful for any interview and to help generate ideas and research language in general! Thank you for sharing!

You're very welcome! This is not my first application cycle so I have learned quite a bit on this journey!

School: University of Tennessee - Knoxville

Type: Counseling Psychology PhD

Date of invite: December 12, 2018

Type of invite: Email with POI ccd

Interview date(s): On-campus interview day 2/8/2018

School: Kent State University

Type: Clinical Psychology PhD

Date of invite: December 13, 2018

Type of invite: Email from POI

Interview date(s): On-campus interview day 2/1-2/2 or 2/15-2/16

My whole goal this application season was to land one interview. I'm stoked I did it.

School: University of Toledo

Type: Clinical PhD

Date of invite: Dec. 14th

Type of invite: Email from admissions coordinator; CC'd POI and DCT

Interview date(s): Feb. 1 or Feb. 4. I'm going Feb. 1

Edit: @Jamesmp, congrats on the invite to Kent! I applied to them as well. Evidently some people have received invites and rejections already; I'm still waiting to hear back from them but I'm not sweating it too much.

Edited by Silverrida
Content

49 minutes ago, Silverrida said:

My whole goal this application season was to land one interview. I'm stoked I did it.

School: University of Toledo

Type: Clinical PhD

Date of invite: Dec. 14th

Type of invite: Email from admissions coordinator; CC'd POI and DCT

Interview date(s): Feb. 1 or Feb. 4. I'm going Feb. 1

Edit: @Jamesmp, congrats on the invite to Kent! I applied to them as well. Evidently some people have received invites and rejections already; I'm still waiting to hear back from them but I'm not sweating it too much.

Would you be willing to share initials for the POI on this?? I’m waiting to hear back from Toledo.

27 minutes ago, Lucashobbes said:

To the individuals who got invites to University of Miami. Did any of apply to the clinical-health focus? If so, may you send me you PI's initials?

thanks 

14 minutes ago, meb123 said:

Nope I did clinical adult!

Congrats to all those that got invites today/over the weekend! Those who got invites from the University of Miami, would you PM me your PI's initials if you're comfortable? Thanks!

On 12/6/2018 at 9:09 PM, dancedementia said:

School: Chestnut Hill College

Type: PsyD

Date of invite: Dec. 6, 2018

Type of invite: Mass email

Interview date(s): Jan. 15, 2019

Hey, just wondering, when did you submit this application? Thanks!