Fall 2019 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

School: Nova Southeastern University

Type: Clinical Psychology PhD

Date of Invite: 01/28/2019

Type of Invite: Mass email

Interview Date(s): Monday, February 18th 2019, 8.30 AM to 4.00 PM. Faculty individual, faculty group, and student interviews. No POI.

Has anyone heard anything new from Teachers College/Columbia University's clinical psychology PhD program that they'd be willing to share on this thread or in a PM? Today someone said in the results section they heard from their POI to learn they would not be having an interview via mass email, while another wrote they were waitlisted (and asked for the others' POI initials). It has been complete crickets on my end, so I'm not sure what to think. ?

Edited by TheEternalGrad

6 hours ago, dancedementia said:

School: Suffolk University

Type: Clinical PhD

Date of invite: 01/28/2019

Type of invite: Mass email

Interview date(s): 03/01/2019 and 03/02/2019 (social on the 1st, actual interview on the 2nd).

The RSVP form asks you to identify 2-3 POI you want to interview with. Mine are SR and MS.

FINALLY!!!

Did they by chance say that they were done sending interviews or if any POIs still had decisions to make? Given that so many invites went up today and I received nothing, I'm beginning to switch over into presumed rejection mode...

26 minutes ago, ninjasub2 said:

also, for schools i haven't heard back from... is it bad to reach out and ask status of application? and for those who have received rejections, how are you receiving them?

Definitely fine to reach out! Plenty of people on here do that either over email or calling the school. Just make sure you reach out to the right person. :)

I haven't gotten a formal rejection this cycle yet (I'm sure some will be coming haha), but in the past I heard via email. Usually to check my application status on the school's website.

5 hours ago, Katie B said:

Did they by chance say that they were done sending interviews or if any POIs still had decisions to make? Given that so many invites went up today and I received nothing, I'm beginning to switch over into presumed rejection mode...

I'd honestly say it's worth checking with Suffolk. From the look of it, they actually sent out three types of emails: invites, waitlist invites, and rejections. If you didn't receive an email, then there might be a genuine mix-up. Good luck!!

11 hours ago, Katie B said:

Suffolk has historically sent out all their invites, rejections, and wait-list notifications on the same day. I would call to check because you should have heard back one way or another. 

I have a question. I received an interview invite a few weeks ago with an RSVP form for the interview day to fill out. The email stated that my POI wanted to interview me. On the RSVP form they gave you the option of selecting up to 3 faculty members you wanted to meet with. Since I only applied to that POI, I only wrote his/her name down. I didn't want to ruin my chances with my POI by stating someone else whose research interests are not really aligned with mine. But now that I'm thinking about it, I should probably meet with more than one faculty member on the interview day. What do you all think? If I were to reach out, would I reach out to my POI or to the interview day coordinator. Does it make me look unprepared by now following up after it has already been submitted? Thank you!

8 minutes ago, clinicalnerd said:

I have a question. I received an interview invite a few weeks ago with an RSVP form for the interview day to fill out. The email stated that my POI wanted to interview me. On the RSVP form they gave you the option of selecting up to 3 faculty members you wanted to meet with. Since I only applied to that POI, I only wrote his/her name down. I didn't want to ruin my chances with my POI by stating someone else whose research interests are not really aligned with mine. But now that I'm thinking about it, I should probably meet with more than one faculty member on the interview day. What do you all think? If I were to reach out, would I reach out to my POI or to the interview day coordinator. Does it make me look unprepared by now following up after it has already been submitted? Thank you!

They're not going to let you only interview with one person :) In my experience, they'll fill in the spots with faculty members that your POI wants you to meet and/or who have room on their schedule. Unless there is someone specific who you are dying to meet, I wouldn't reach out to ask them to change up your preferences.

24 minutes ago, buckeyepsych said:

They're not going to let you only interview with one person :) In my experience, they'll fill in the spots with faculty members that your POI wants you to meet and/or who have room on their schedule. Unless there is someone specific who you are dying to meet, I wouldn't reach out to ask them to change up your preferences.

Okay, so they really just say it in case you have someone specific you want to meet. Got it, thank you so much!!!

4 hours ago, dancedementia said:

Suffolk has historically sent out all their invites, rejections, and wait-list notifications on the same day. I would call to check because you should have heard back one way or another. 

Why can't every school do that??? It would save a ton of stress for applicants and probably save admissions a ton of emails/calls asking what's going on with their applications. :P

Can anyone confirm if Adelphi, City College or Fairleigh Dickinson are finished sending interview invites? I have a feeling they are, but might as well ask after seeing some invites extended in the results section - congrats to whoever you are! :D If anyone could also provide POI initials via one of the threads or in a PM (if you'd be comfortable), that'd be very appreciated!

Additionally: has anyone heard from St. John's University or Kean University yet? :mellow:

can anyone confirm that Stony Brook clinical psych sent out all of their invitation invites? apologies if someone has already said it somewhere on one of the threads and I know some people have posted on the results page.

2 hours ago, TheEternalGrad said:

Can anyone confirm if Adelphi, City College or Fairleigh Dickinson are finished sending interview invites? I have a feeling they are, but might as well ask after seeing some invites extended in the results section - congrats to whoever you are! :D If anyone could also provide POI initials via one of the threads or in a PM (if you'd be comfortable), that'd be very appreciated!

Additionally: has anyone heard from St. John's University or Kean University yet? :mellow:

Feeling pretty confident FDU and Adelphi are done as they were both mass emails. St. John’s didn’t send out until 2/6 last year.  I didn’t get an interview at FDU (a little shocked tbh), but at Adelphi, I listed JG and JM as POIs of interest in my SOP  

Edited by Doc2016
Error

39 minutes ago, psychattack said:

To anyone who applied to Northwestern Feinberg, I was informed by a current graduate student that they believe invitation blasts will go out this friday feb 1.

Do you know if they are just sending interview invitations or rejections as well? Thank you!

Edited by neuropsych20009

14 minutes ago, Doc2016 said:

Feeling pretty confident FDU and Adelphi are done as they were both mass emails. St. John’s didn’t send out until 2/6 last year.  I didn’t get an interview at FDU (a little shocked tbh), but at Adelphi, I listed JG and JM as POIs on interest in my SOP   

Thanks for the response! Congrats on Adelphi! :) A little bummed I didn't hear from either of them. Good to know that St. John's may be reaching out in the next week or so, if they follow the same timeline.

Got my official rejection from FDU. They offered to interview me for one of their masters programs, but I already have a masters in a related area haha. Oh well, you win some you lose some! Good luck to those who got invites!