Fall 2019 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

6 minutes ago, rayray15 said:

in related news,  I have two interview invites for the same day (February 21st). I heard from the first one two weeks ago and accepted. Can I email the other school and say I have a time conflict? or will they rescind the interview? 

I had that issue too. I think it’s pretty common. If they have more than one interview date I’m sure they’ll be accommodating and move you. Just be upfront and honest about your situation. But if they only have one date for interviews and they aren’t flexible you might have to pick the program you like better.

7 minutes ago, Helppsych19 said:

I called and they said they only have one interview date on 2/18?

Yikes. Someone told me they had called and they were on 2/18 and 2/21. This was MONTHS ago though so maybe the info was wrong (or they called the wrong program hah). Boo. No interview for me then haha.

1 minute ago, dancedementia said:

Yikes. Someone told me they had called and they were on 2/18 and 2/21. This was MONTHS ago though so maybe the info was wrong (or they called the wrong program hah). Boo. No interview for me then haha.

A poster who got a Rutgers PsyD interview mentioned their interview date was 2/21!

35 minutes ago, PsychWannabee said:

A poster who got a Rutgers PsyD interview mentioned their interview date was 2/21!

Yeah but that poster was for Rutgers' School PsyD :( maybe that's where the misleading info came from - 2/18 must be Clinical and 2/21 must be School?

EDIT: I just checked CUDCP's calendar, and that seems to be the case - 2/18 is Clinical and 2/21 is School: https://teamup.com/ks952632ef38687f3e

Edited by dancedementia

Same as everyone else waiting on Northwestern Feinberg, can anyone who was extended an invitation to interview PM me with the POI? It's my first choice and I haven't been hearing good news, so hopefully this might be the saving grace  ?

43 minutes ago, featherfloat said:

Has anyone gotten an interview from Harvard yet? For the clinical science program. Or does anyone at least know when the interview dates are? Couldn't find this anywhere. Thanks so much!

Harvard doesn't have official interview days. 

19 minutes ago, featherfloat said:

o_o they don't have formal interviews? Or invite candidates on a case by case basis?

The POIs take care of their own interviews and make their own acceptance/rejection decisions. I'm not sure if the Skype interviews are the ONLY ones they do, or if some POIs ask for you to come in person. Either way, there is no one day where all candidates come to interview with a structured schedule.

49 minutes ago, dancedementia said:

The POIs take care of their own interviews and make their own acceptance/rejection decisions. I'm not sure if the Skype interviews are the ONLY ones they do, or if some POIs ask for you to come in person. Either way, there is no one day where all candidates come to interview with a structured schedule.

Good to know! Thanks so much.

19 minutes ago, ninjasub2 said:

If I hadn’t heard back about interviews with a POI I had contact with before I applied, is it bad to contact that POI about interviews?

I would reach out the the dept/ admissions, and ask if all invites have been extended/ if you can get a status update on your application...but idk what your prior contact with your  POI was like, I just  think directly asking them could potentially  put them in an uncomfortable position. Good luck!! 

On 2/1/2019 at 2:30 AM, dancedementia said:

Yeah but that poster was for Rutgers' School PsyD :( maybe that's where the misleading info came from - 2/18 must be Clinical and 2/21 must be School?

EDIT: I just checked CUDCP's calendar, and that seems to be the case - 2/18 is Clinical and 2/21 is School: https://teamup.com/ks952632ef38687f3e

I just checked Rutger's Academic Calendar and it says the same: https://gsapp.rutgers.edu/about/academic-administrative-calendar

Feel desperate now. 

On 2/1/2019 at 6:35 PM, TheEternalGrad said:

School: Kean University

Type: Combined School and Clinical Psychology PsyD

Date of invite: 2/1

Type of invite: Email

Interview date(s): 2/12

Congrats!! Do you know if all interview invites were sent out?

I got an email from Kean last Tuesday saying they received my application (I submitted it in December lol) and that they were processing all applications in the order they were received, and that the process could still take up to two months. I didn't get invited to Kean for an interview yet either so fingers crossed there is still hope! 

11 hours ago, psych2315 said:

Congrats!! Do you know if all interview invites were sent out?

Thank you very much! ?

Unfortunately, I'm not too sure - the email doesn't specify anything like that. I'm also never super certain whether something is a "mass email" or not, but my feeling with this one is that it might be. But you never know! Hopefully you'll hear something soon! 

12 hours ago, rayray15 said:

I got an email from Kean last Tuesday saying they received my application (I submitted it in December lol) and that they were processing all applications in the order they were received, and that the process could still take up to two months. I didn't get invited to Kean for an interview yet either so fingers crossed there is still hope! 

This makes me more hopeful! Thanks for the info ?