Fall 2019 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

1 hour ago, psych2315 said:

This makes me more hopeful! Thanks for the info ?

I just called them actually and they said my application was still under review so it's still possible for us to get interview invites. The admissions officer also said they are having more than one interview date. So hopefully we still have a shot. 

23 minutes ago, rayray15 said:

I just called them actually and they said my application was still under review so it's still possible for us to get interview invites. The admissions officer also said they are having more than one interview date. So hopefully we still have a shot. 

More hopeful information! Crossing my fingers for the both of us :)

2 hours ago, SugarAndPsych said:

Any advice on how to get through being waitlisted? I’m so stressed out

Hey, it's definitely not over till its over!! :) For example, I will be declining at least one offer, so there is definitely still hope for anyone waitlisted. Waitlisted people do get in--it's not impossible. :) Keep your chin up and know this is NOT a testament of your worth. 

I find that keeping busy is the best thing for me personally. Be it (attempting to) finish an honours thesis, doing course work, or just cleaning (Kondo mari method, woot!), it helps keep the mind off things. Good luck and sending you good vibes! ❤️ 

Guest Clickingrefresh
30 minutes ago, ninjasub2 said:

Ring on one nostril, stud on the other!

I have the same set up, and took both of mine out for interviews. 

1 hour ago, dancedementia said:

Poster on the results page who said they got an invite to William Paterson - when was this? Did you really get it on Feb 4? I thought their invites were all sent out. 

Interested to know this as well!!

School: Washington State University (Pullman)

Program: Clinical Psych PhD

Method of Notification: Email from POI extending offer to interview

Interview Date: March 1st

I was honestly really surprised, I'd heard rumors that all invites were out - but maybe that just means I was waitlisted? Either way, I'm thrilled.

Feel free to DM for POI!

12 hours ago, ninjasub2 said:

Also kinda a random question... are nose piercings looked down upon in interviews?

11 hours ago, Clickingrefresh said:

I have the same set up, and took both of mine out for interviews. 

I have a nose ring and a lip piercing. I plan on taking out the lip piercing and keeping in the nose ring, as I feel like those are more common. I don't want to completely surprise them with two piercings suddenly appearing if I do get accepted! For first impression's sake, however, I want to tone down just a bit.

1 hour ago, hdclark said:

I have a nose ring and a lip piercing. I plan on taking out the lip piercing and keeping in the nose ring, as I feel like those are more common. I don't want to completely surprise them with two piercings suddenly appearing if I do get accepted! For first impression's sake, however, I want to tone down just a bit.

I met students (and applicants!) with nose (dots and more bull-ring like), lip, and tongue rings, at multiple interviews last week. They looked awesome and the faculty didn’t care. I’d say do you!

Edited by checkingmyemail

28 minutes ago, Pearl95 said:

Has anyone else heard back from Rutgers for their Clinical PsyD? It seemed like one person might have... 

They sent out mass emails last week. I'm still crossing my fingers that mine just got lost...

18 hours ago, ninjasub2 said:

Ring on one nostril, stud on the other!

I think you would be okay, but if you want to follow the example of @clinkingrefresh it certainly won't hurt!

2 hours ago, Schrödinger's Other Cat said:

Does anyone know if UConn sent out all of their invites already?

They had 2 interview days last week and didn't refer to any other ones so I think they may have ?