Fall 2019 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

11 hours ago, voluntconvertere said:

Yes. They had interviews weekend before last and will have another 3/1. So offers won’t be out for a while.

Do you know when CU Boulder will send out the invites for their second round 3/1 interview date (if it's a second round of new people)?

Edited by psychstudent182

Does anyone know if it’s typical to be rejected when you reapply? I was waitlisted at a school last year after interviewing and didn’t get off the waitlist. So I got more clinical experience and reapplied this year. I had my fingers crossed but I wasn’t even offered an interview this time around. I’m pretty bummed about it. 

2 hours ago, psychstudent182 said:

Do you know when CU Boulder will send out the invites for their second round 3/1 interview date (if it's a second round of new people)?

The second interview day is their alternate day for folks who couldn’t make it to the first day (mostly due to weather) so I think all invites have gone out.

57 minutes ago, AllyWantsAPsyD said:

Does anyone know if it’s typical to be rejected when you reapply? I was waitlisted at a school last year after interviewing and didn’t get off the waitlist. So I got more clinical experience and reapplied this year. I had my fingers crossed but I wasn’t even offered an interview this time around. I’m pretty bummed about it. 

This happened to me for one school this year as well! I'm not really sure what the reason could be, so I'm wondering this too!

2 hours ago, gradapp561 said:

will those offered admission to the university of houston's clinical psych program pls dm me the name of their PI?

Me as well please. Congrats that’s awesome and thanks in advance!!

3 hours ago, voluntconvertere said:

The second interview day is their alternate day for folks who couldn’t make it to the first day (mostly due to weather) so I think all invites have gone out.

I emailed the CU Boulder department a few days ago and they told me that all of the invites had already gone out :( however, they encouraged me to e-mail my POI in case I was on a waitlist to be interviewed.

School: Drexel University 

Type: JD/Phd Clinical Forensic Psychology 

Date of invite: 1/2, 1/10

Type of invite: Initially received a phone call from my POI extending an interview, then later got a call from a graduate student confirming. Then finally a formal email from the program 

Interview date(s): Formal interview 2/11, informal mixer with students 2/10

I have applied to the combined JD/ Clinical Phd program, so can't be positive what is going on with the Phd only students. But I believe we all received invitations around the same time and everyone Is interviewing on Feb 8th and Feb 11th. Hope this helps some people! 

13 hours ago, goingpsycho said:

Has anyone that applied to Washington State University not heard anything? I see on the results page that people got a general rejection email yesterday but I haven't received any emails or an interview invite??

I haven’t heard anything either 

21 hours ago, AllyWantsAPsyD said:

I'm not sure how typical it is but it happened to me too. I applied two years ago, this would have been fall of my senior year, but only to 5 clinical programs. I got an interview from one school, but ultimately didn't get an offer. I attributed it to having less experience as an undergrad (since most people don't go straight to grad school after getting their Bachelor's), not having any experience with clinical populations, and only applying to a small number of highly competitive schools.

This round, I applied to 13 total, and included a few non-Tier I schools as long as they still funded fully. There's no such thing as "safeties" when it comes to grad school, but there are obviously programs like UCLA that are much more difficult to get into than others. I also had 1.5 years of intense clinical experience this time, more focused recommendation letters (3 clinical psych PhD faculty vs 1 clinical and 2 non-psych profs when I first applied), and two second-author posters (when I first applied I had nothing). I still only got one interview lol.

I think it's a matter of 1) the applicant pool getting larger and more competitive each year and 2) if you take gap years, programs really want to see productivity e.g. abstracts or manuscripts come out of it. Not having publications straight out of undergrad is more acceptable than not having them after 2 years of working as a full-time RA--which is the situation I'm in, may be different for you.

Someone posted on Jan. 30th they heard University of Miami (FL) had already sent out their acceptances and were only taking 3 students this year. Has anyone else heard anything similar? I would be surprised since I haven't heard anything from my POI yet.

24 minutes ago, Schrödinger's Other Cat said:

Has anyone who interviewed at OHSU heard back yet? 

I know for those who were waitlisted, OHSU said they would send decisions in early February. I'm guessing they will get back to people who interviewed around the same time. 

3 minutes ago, ninjasub2 said:

I’m still waiting to hear back from them too! I was on the waitlist tho. Have interviewees heard anything yet? And how many people interviewed in total?

I interviewed and was told that we would hear back in early February, but I haven't heard anything since the interview. It's strange, because I interviewed at another institution last weekend and heard back today. I think there were about 24 of us who interviewed in early January.