Fall 2019 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

12 minutes ago, aer621 said:

Has anyone received a rejection from Rutgers Psy.D.? I'm beginning to think that they're just stringing everyone along. 

Not that I've seen. Their interview is on Monday so I'm just assuming I'm rejected lol. 

Not a PhD interview, but a Master's and clinical nonetheless!

School: University of Houston- Clear Lake

Type: M.A. of Clinical Psych

Date of Invite: 2/15/19

Type of Invite: Email

Interview Dates: They offer four slots: March 6th, 7th, 21st, or 22nd. Due to my work schedule I'll be attending one of the later two slots!

Does anyone have any advice on a Master's interview vs a PhD? The first thing I've noticed is that the timing is massively different, the doctoral is an entire day where the time slots for the masters are only 4 hours. Any thoughts?

37 minutes ago, Katie B said:

Does anyone have any advice on a Master's interview vs a PhD? The first thing I've noticed is that the timing is massively different, the doctoral is an entire day where the time slots for the masters are only 4 hours. Any thoughts?

A lot of folks at the masters level are career changers, so they'll ask you a lot about why you're choosing this career. You might also get questions about past experiences, your viewpoints on mental health and treatment, what kind of populations you want to work with, etc. They might also ask you why masters instead of PhD, so have a good answer to that. UHCL is a very well respected school at the masters level, so good luck!

On 2/12/2019 at 9:52 PM, psych2315 said:

That’s good to know! Mine was handed in pretty close to the deadline. If you hear anything please let me know ?

Received an email on Wednesday (2/17) from a “Pedro Lopes” who said that the department is “still reviewing applications” and that my “application is under review and still under consideration”. 

Have you heard anything? I’d wager that by the end of next week we’ll know. This is my last application I’m waiting to hear from, and with 3/4 rejections, this is my last roll of the dice for this year? 

Edited by LondonBoy

2 hours ago, LondonBoy said:

Received an email on Wednesday (2/17) from a “Pedro Lopes” who said that the department is “still reviewing applications” and that my “application is under review and still under consideration”. 

Have you heard anything? I’d wager that by the end of next week we’ll know. This is my last application I’m waiting to hear from, and with 3/4 rejections, this is my last roll of the dice for this year? 

I haven’t heard anything since I submitted my application in December! Hoping for the best for the both of us ??

On 2/15/2019 at 7:52 PM, Katie B said:

Not a PhD interview, but a Master's and clinical nonetheless!

School: University of Houston- Clear Lake

Type: M.A. of Clinical Psych

Date of Invite: 2/15/19

Type of Invite: Email

Interview Dates: They offer four slots: March 6th, 7th, 21st, or 22nd. Due to my work schedule I'll be attending one of the later two slots!

My masters interview was more individualized, almost all one on one meetings with different faculty rather than group interviews (which was my experience to have a lot of at doctoral interviews). They will probably about thesis ideas and why that is what you want to study, since you will only be there for two years I think they want to see that you have put a good amount of thought into research and will be ready to jump in quickly.   I also got a lot of questions about long term goals (what setting I hope to work in, if I plan to get a doctorate, if I'm interested in teaching, etc), prior work experience, what I have learned from my work experience so far, self care, and how I handle the emotional stress of the mental health field.

Good luck! I've heard great things about UHCL! 

On 2/15/2019 at 1:26 PM, buckeyepsych said:

I really think that the Duke and Yale people are just trolls. Especially given the stats the alleged Yale person listed... Easy for me to say since I didn't apply to those programs but I think they should be ignored. Though I do live for internet drama tbh lol

Any person who claimed to have gotten an offer to Y a l e prior to ~Friday is definitely trolling. Offers have been held up due to red tape within the Graduate School.

Edited by RadishSalad

13 minutes ago, PsychGal said:

To all UNL posters please DM me your PI! It’s my top choice! Please and thanks!

Me too please, it is my top choice as well! And did anyone get notified if they were waitlisted?

Edited by rainydaychai

On 2/17/2019 at 8:32 PM, LondonBoy said:

Wednesday 2/12 (the stress is clearly getting to me). 

2 hours ago, iamsotired said:

Hi everyone!

I was supposed to get my finalized interview itinerary yesterday and I have nothing in my in-box. I already booked my flights and should I wait until later today, or call in? This is the only place I got a response from. :(   

It wouldn't hurt to call or email them - I did that for a school where the interview date was very close and I didn't get my finalized itinerary yet (they ended up sending it midnight that night and answered my email the following day asking if I received it), so I was feeling ultra nervous. Just tell them the date is getting close so you want to check in about when you'll receive more information. ?