Fall 2019 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

2 hours ago, PsychM said:

School: Marquette University

Type: Clinical Psychology PhD

Date Of Invite: 12/19/18

Type of Invite: Email from DCT with my PI CCed on it

Interview date: 1/28/19 OR 2/1/19 OR 2/4/19 - I can choose which date I want to attend

I am SO excited as this is one of my top choices!

Can you PM me or post the PI's initials? Also, congrats!!!!

School: University of Oregon

Type: Counseling PhD

Date of Invite: 12/13

Type of invite: Mass email

Interview date(s): 1/25

School: University of Rochester

Type: Clinical PhD

Date of Invite: 12/18

Type of invite: Email from PI

Interview date(s): 2/1-2/2

ahh!!!!

5 hours ago, Clickingrefresh said:

Has anyone heard anything from Utah State, UT-Knoxville, Ole Miss, or U of Wyoming? 

I received an invite for interview weekend at Ole Miss last Tuesday (12/11)

11 hours ago, youngqueerliving said:

Has anyone heard from University of Utah as opposed to Utah State? I saw someone submitted an interview invite on the results page, but I haven't seen anything in the forums.

I've been wondering about this too...

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:53 PM, Psych603 said:

Whoever posted about an interview invite from UNC Chapel Hill - do you mind messaging me your POI? Congratulations that's an amazing program!

same please! Congrats!!

12 minutes ago, justacigar said:

Has anyone heard from UO Clinical? I keep seeing counseling invites and they make my heart skip a beat, but I think I may be the only UO clinical person on here. Some listed on the results page only said "psychology" 

Someone just put they got an invite from their POI ?

1 minute ago, checkingmyemail said:

Someone just put they got an invite from their POI ?

Ah bummer, just saw that. I was already sort of assuming I was rejected from there but now I can move on! Thanks!

If UO clinical poster is on here could you DM me your PI? 

23 minutes ago, justacigar said:

Ah bummer, just saw that. I was already sort of assuming I was rejected from there but now I can move on! Thanks!

If UO clinical poster is on here could you DM me your PI? 

Just a general question.. If I see that someone has already posted that they received an interview for one of the schools I applied to, is it safe to assume I am rejected? 

2 minutes ago, jkdfkjadnfj said:

Just a general question.. If I see that someone has already posted that they received an interview for one of the schools I applied to, is it safe to assume I am rejected? 

I don't think so. Some interview invitations come from POIs themselves, and it could be that some POIs are faster at picking their interview invites than others. Also if someone who's invited for an interview declines, they could invite someone else.

14 minutes ago, jkdfkjadnfj said:

I agree with @jamesmp not necessarily, but this particular program has interviews in mid-January so I'm assuming that all the invites will likely be sent out by tomorrow. I think it's very dependent on the system that the program uses

23 minutes ago, jkdfkjadnfj said:

At this point in time (mid-December) I would not take that as a rejection at all! Some schools will do preliminary phone interview for candidates that may or may not be a good fit before deciding on an official invite. Some send multiple rounds of invites or have alternate interview groups. Some schools will just send 1 mass interview email and that's it. Have hope for now but If it gets to be mid-january or early February and you still haven't heard, I would assume it is a rejection as most schools make decisions in mid february-early march.

As we approach the holidays, PLEASE remember to engage in self-care and try to take the time to relax!!! ? I know it's a super stressful, anxiety-inducing time for everyone (I'll probably still end up checking my email every day lol) but this is the time to travel, spend time with friends/family, and just do nothing if that's what you need. Having a break from school/work is awesome too. And remember this may be your last opportunity to de-stress and indulge in Netflix binges/good food/having a social life before interview season starts—then things will really be hectic! Good luck to everyone and happy new year!