Jump to content

Fall 2019 Clinical Psych Interview Invites


Recommended Posts

School: Syracuse University

Type: PhD

Date of invite: 1/18

Type of invite: Invited to in-person interview by POI during prelim phone interview

Interview date(s): 2/15 (2/14 grad student social/dinner)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me at 6am this morning: Okay folks, the holidays are over with. Let's get some interview invites in this inbox. Come on.  I'm obsessed, sigh. 

I JUST GOT AN INVITE FROM AUBURN!!!!!!! LITERALLY CRYING LOL

To anyone who uses TGC results page to ask damn questions, I’m reporting you as spam. LMAO. ENOUGH ALREADY!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, clinicalnerd said:

No, and I'm dying over here!! It is one of my top schools and with the deadline for interview notifications being today, I cannot stop refreshing my email. UGH!!!!

Oh my gosh same. Crickets. @ClinPsych519All I know is I called yesterday and the person was like I don’t know but invites haven’t gone out yet. Good luck!!! 

Edited by FreudEgg
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, FreudEgg said:

Oh my gosh same. Crickets. @ClinPsych519All I know is I called yesterday and the person was like I don’t know but invites haven’t gone out yet. Good luck!!! 

Well at least no one has heard anything! Good luck to you too!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

If we haven't heard anything back yet, I'm thinking now is the time to start re-prioritizing for the year and focusing on re-applying next cycle -- anyone else have thoughts about this? This is my first time applying and I only applied to 7 schools, so I'm not necessarily expecting to even get interviews this round, but the not knowing if I should have heard yet is... stressful. Anyway, if anyone else is in the same boat, just offering ya'll some solidarity! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, melimoo said:

If we haven't heard anything back yet, I'm thinking now is the time to start re-prioritizing for the year and focusing on re-applying next cycle -- anyone else have thoughts about this? This is my first time applying and I only applied to 7 schools, so I'm not necessarily expecting to even get interviews this round, but the not knowing if I should have heard yet is... stressful. Anyway, if anyone else is in the same boat, just offering ya'll some solidarity! 

I’m in an identical situation to a T. My mentor told me to just lick my wounds and focus on how I can improve my application for the next year. I do still have one school to hear from that sends invites out in February but I’m already planning for what I can do in the coming year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lpape said:

I’m in an identical situation to a T. My mentor told me to just lick my wounds and focus on how I can improve my application for the next year. I do still have one school to hear from that sends invites out in February but I’m already planning for what I can do in the coming year. 

Yeah, same. I work with two mentors who have both said they're thrilled to be able to employ me for another year and have even alluded to helping me pay for apps next year since the cost of applying was/is a big limiting factor for me, which is soooo nice. But I'm still going through the silly "boohoo I'm just not smart enough" feelings. I'm hoping/trying to refocus that energy into gearing up to re-apply. Hope you manage to do the same (and that the February invite might still roll in!).

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2018 at 8:07 PM, AlexandraF said:

Did anyone apply to SUNY Buffalo clinical phd for fall 2019? I see in other years people got interview invites around this time. Wondering if anyone has info on it 

Hi I noticed your post whole trying to find anything at all on this program! Have you heard anything new? I emailed the dept a day ago and they said that they (this one specific person) did not think they had sent out any interview inviites yet; however, I am still questioning because I know someone who applied there as well but for the counseling/school program and was invited for interview that will occur next weekend... Im hoping they have different interview weekends for each dept.

Edited by psychclin
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, dancedementia said:

Ferkauf/Yeshiva poster on the results page from yesterday, was your interview for the Adult or Child PsyD?

Going crazy here :(

I'm also curious about the YU person! I wish they'd send out all of their invitations at the same time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Schrödinger's Other Cat said:

School: University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV)

Type: PhD

Date of invite: 1/18

Type of invite: Email from DCT and follow-up email from POI

Interview date(s): 2/15 

Can you DM the POI please?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.