Jump to content
clinicalpsych20192020

Fall 2019 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

Recommended Posts

To the person who heard from Saint Louis - was the admin assistant for a specific PI or did it seem like it went out to everyone? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Coffee123456 said:

Have you heard from La Salle? Email says they are sending invites “toward the end of January” 

I haven't heard anything from La Salle. It looks like last year, they didn't send out interviews until February 4th. Did they send you an email saying they'd send out invites later? I didn't even get that email. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dancedementia said:

School: Yeshiva University (Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology)

Type: Clinical PsyD (NOT the School/Clinical Child PsyD)

Date of invite: 01/24/2019

Type of invite: Mass email

Interview date(s): 02/07/2019 (not sure if this is for everyone or just me)

I guess whining about this enough on GradCafe made it happen xD

Congratulations and good luck!! I'm assuming that I was rejected since I still haven't heard anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 7:32 AM, AnxiouslyAwaitingDecisions said:

For the poster for LIU Post, was it a mass email?

Yes it was, and it said that all of the interview slots were filled, but maybe they'll do a second round?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

School: Saint Louis University

Type: Clinical PhD

Date of invite: 01/24/2019

Type of invite: Email 

Interview date(s): Choose between 4 dates: 2/21, 2/22. 2/28, or 3/1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, aer621 said:

I haven't heard anything from La Salle. It looks like last year, they didn't send out interviews until February 4th. Did they send you an email saying they'd send out invites later? I didn't even get that email. 

The email I received after submitting my applications said:

“Once we receive all required documentation, and your file is complete, our Admissions Committee will review your credentials. We will have two interview days; February 8, 2019 and February 11, 2019. Invitations to interview will be sent out by email toward the end of January” 

I still haven’t heard anything since then. It seemed like a mass email, maybe it went to your spam mailbox? I’m hoping to hear soon to make plans if they are keeping those dates. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've only seen about one post for UIC (Illinois Chicago).  Does anyone know if they are done sending out interviews? Also whoever that is could you please DM me your POI.  Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

School: Saint Louis University

Type: Clinical Psych PhD

Date of invite: 01/24/2019

Type of invite: Email from Admin Assistant 

Interview date(s): Choose between 4 dates: 2/21, 2/22. 2/28, or 3/1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aer621 said:

Congratulations and good luck!! I'm assuming that I was rejected since I still haven't heard anything. 

I'm pretty sure there are multiple interview dates. Another poster said his/hers was on 1/31, and they received the invite like 2 weeks ago, so I think they're doing the invites in waves. There's still hope!

2 hours ago, EileanDonan said:

Does anyone know if Drexel has finished extending invites?

^^^ This. Drexel has been such as stressor for me this application cycle. It is ironically the ONLY program where I had some connection with my PI (I worked in a lab that collaborated with hers on a project). Of course it's the program I don't hear back from lol.

Edited by dancedementia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

School: Saint Louis University

Program: Clinical Psychology PhD

Type: Email from grad admissions coordinator for in-person interview

Interview Dates: February 28 or March 1

 

Feel free to message for POI!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, YONO (You only need one) said:

Not all P.I.'s have extended invites yet. 

How do you know this, do you work there? Do you know who has and who hasn't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jkdfkjadnfj said:

I saw another poster for FIU today. Does anyone have any info on if this was a mass email or if they are done sending out invites? 

I emailed the program assistant (for Clinical Science in Child and Adolescent Psychology PhD) yesterday asking if all interview invites had been sent out, this was her response today:

"All I know is the applications are under review and the clinical faculty is reaching out to their top candidates. They do not tell me who the applicants they invited are until closer to the date of the applicant's arrival. If you need further information you may contact the director of the clinical program Dr. Erika Coles at ecoles@fiu.edu."

I interpreted as: no not all invites have been sent out (I know most faculty do prelim skype interviews before an in-person invite) and that there is probably not one single mass-interview date, but individual invites to campus. Willing to accept other interpretations as well ?

Edited by humanisticPOV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, humanisticPOV said:

I emailed the program assistant (for Clinical Science in Child and Adolescent Psychology PhD) yesterday asking if all interview invites had been sent out, this was her response today:

"All I know is the applications are under review and the clinical faculty is reaching out to their top candidates. They do not tell me who the applicants they invited are until closer to the date of the applicant's arrival. If you need further information you may contact the director of the clinical program Dr. Erika Coles at ecoles@fiu.edu."

I interpreted as: no not all invites have been sent out (I know most faculty do prelim skype interviews before an in-person invite) and that there is probably not one single mass-interview date, but individual invites to campus. Willing to accept other interpretations as well ?

Thank you so much!!! I agree with that interpretation. I guess there is still hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

School: LIU - Brooklyn

Program: Clinical Psychology PhD

Date of invite: 1/24/19

Type: Phone call from current student

Interview Dates: February 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SchoolColumbia University, Teachers College

Program: Clinical Psychology PhD

Type: Mass email.

Interview Date: Feb 14

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Coffee123456 said:

The email I received after submitting my applications said:

“Once we receive all required documentation, and your file is complete, our Admissions Committee will review your credentials. We will have two interview days; February 8, 2019 and February 11, 2019. Invitations to interview will be sent out by email toward the end of January” 

I still haven’t heard anything since then. It seemed like a mass email, maybe it went to your spam mailbox? I’m hoping to hear soon to make plans if they are keeping those dates. 

 

Ah, I looked back and found that email. I wish they would’ve told us further in advance though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

School: Yeshiva University/Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology

Type: Clinical Psychology w/Health Emphasis PhD

Date of invite: 1/22

Type of invite: Email

Interview date(s): 2/6 and 2/13

AND

School: LIU Brooklyn

Type: Clinical Psychology PhD

Date of invite: 1/24/19

Type of invite: Phone call from graduate student

Interview date(s): 2/9

This was a really great week! I'm so surprised and happy! ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TheEternalGrad said:

School: Yeshiva University/Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology

Type: Clinical Psychology w/Health Emphasis PhD

Date of invite: 1/22

Type of invite: Email

Interview date(s): 2/6 and 2/13

AND

School: LIU Brooklyn

Type: Clinical Psychology PhD

Date of invite: 1/24/19

Type of invite: Phone call from graduate student

Interview date(s): 2/9

This was a really great week! I'm so surprised and happy! ??

1 congrats! 2 was yeshiva a mass email? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.