Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, TiredOfApps said:

Not yet! There are at least three others of us waiting:

 

I'm in this group with you all! @dancedementia said they had emailed a couple weeks ago and were told that interview invites would start going out today so hopefully we all hear soon!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me at 6am this morning: Okay folks, the holidays are over with. Let's get some interview invites in this inbox. Come on.  I'm obsessed, sigh. 

I JUST GOT AN INVITE FROM AUBURN!!!!!!! LITERALLY CRYING LOL

To anyone who uses TGC results page to ask damn questions, I’m reporting you as spam. LMAO. ENOUGH ALREADY!

Posted Images

I just declined my interview invites for Immaculata and Yeshiva. (Considering also declining my interview to Mercer but I haven't been able to let go yet haha...)

Maybe this will open up a spot for someone else to interview. Good luck!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys! Has anyone received an interview from Nova Southeastern University Psy.D. Clinical Psych program from the January deadline? (I see some of you have for the Ph.D. program so wondering if anyone for the Psy.D. program)

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jkdfkjadnfj said:

If the people who got interviews from City College (Clinical) and NYU (counseling) see this, could you please PM me? Was your email from a POI or a mass email?

Me as well, particularly for City College's clinical PhD program. I know some people posted about Fairleigh Dickinson recently - I'd be interested in hearing about POIs for them too, if you'd be comfortable sharing on this thread or in a private message. Thank you! ?

Edited by TheEternalGrad
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2019 at 6:31 AM, dancedementia said:

Fairleigh Dickinson poster on the results page, who was your POI?

 

22 hours ago, TheEternalGrad said:

Me as well, particularly for City College's clinical PhD program. I know some people posted about Fairleigh Dickinson recently - I'd be interested in hearing about POIs for them too, if you'd be comfortable sharing on this thread or in a private message. Thank you! ?

I listed a few faculty whose research interested me in my SOP: EM & SU

However, I did not apply to work with a particular POI since they indicated they are a generalist program.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Waiting272 said:

 

I listed a few faculty whose research interested me in my SOP: EM & SU

However, I did not apply to work with a particular POI since they indicated they are a generalist program.

Thank you for responding! :) I did the same in my SOP. I really liked EM too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Waiting272 said:

I listed a few faculty whose research interested me in my SOP: EM & SU

However, I did not apply to work with a particular POI since they indicated they are a generalist program.

I did the same with my SOP. The application page specifically states that all profs review apps together, but to keep in mind how our research interests link up with faculty members. I figured it was safe to list a few I was interested in just in case. EM was one of my mine too, along with KL and JRL.

Also, totally random thought... why do we give POI names in initial form? Anyone can go to the faculty page and look up who we're referring to lol. I guess it's for efficiency's sake but I've always thought it silly how secretive some folks can be about POI identities.

Edited by dancedementia
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, dancedementia said:

I did the same with my SOP. The application page specifically states that all profs review apps together, but to keep in mind how our research interests link up with faculty members. I figured it was safe to list a few I was interested in just in case. EM was one of my mine too, along with KL and JRL.

Also, totally random thought... why do we give POI names in initial form? Anyone can go to the faculty page and look up who we're referring to lol. I guess it's for efficiency's sake but I've always thought it silly how secretive some folks can be about POI identities.

LOL good question about initials, I just followed the format because everyone else did that ? but now that you mention... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

School: Suffolk University

Type: Clinical PhD

Date of invite: 01/28/2019

Type of invite: Mass email

Interview date(s): 03/01/2019 and 03/02/2019 (social on the 1st, actual interview on the 2nd).

The RSVP form asks you to identify 2-3 POI you want to interview with. Mine are SR and MS.

FINALLY!!!

Edited by dancedementia
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, dancedementia said:

Also, totally random thought... why do we give POI names in initial form? Anyone can go to the faculty page and look up who we're referring to lol. I guess it's for efficiency's sake but I've always thought it silly how secretive some folks can be about POI identities.

I assumed it's just so if the POI or someone else searched their name on google then it wouldn't ping to this forum. Maybe to keep internet search results focused on more relevant pages, maybe to not raise the POI's curiosity to click the link here and potentially see someone they're interviewing speaking unprofessionally, or some professors may not love the idea that you've publicly revealed information about your invitation before they send rejections I'm honestly clueless but figured it was something along those lines.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thissucks said:

Anyone hear from Cincinnati recently?

I also heard from my POI at Cincinnati in December. There was a more standardized email from the department chair in January, so I'm not sure if all the invites have gone out, but I would assume they have. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dancedementia said:

School: Suffolk University

Type: Clinical PhD

Date of invite: 01/28/2019

Type of invite: Mass email

Interview date(s): 03/01/2019 and 03/02/2019 (social on the 1st, actual interview on the 2nd).

The RSVP form asks you to identify 2-3 POI you want to interview with. Mine are SR and MS.

FINALLY!!!

Congrats!! Good luck :) Worth noting, there may be interviews on the 1st, too per the email ;) 

Not sure about you but I'm slowly feeling the intense email-checking anxiety roll off for this one haha

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.