2019 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admission Results

veldter

3 minutes ago, bkim346 said:

Brown-NIH decisions are out! Interview dates are February 21-23 at Brown University with additional interviews at NIH for GPP applicants February 19-21.

Do you happen to know if the Brown-NIH Neuro decisions came out separately from the Brown Neuro interviews?

1 minute ago, glialstar said:

Do you happen to know if the Brown-NIH Neuro decisions came out separately from the Brown Neuro interviews?

I know that the Brown faculty met and made their decisions yesterday. So I'm assuming they will be sending out invites today also? But in terms of consideration, the two programs are distinct. 

3 hours ago, _kb said:

Which program at UCSD did you get an interview for?

I didn't get an interview for UCSD. I got one at another school. I was just hoping for UCSD since it says "Under Review."

6 minutes ago, skippinglives said:

Did you hear by email or by phone?

Email. I just noticed that it was an email from my POI that looked a lot like an official email... So I confirmed that an official email is to follow. Sorry for the confusion.

20 minutes ago, bkim346 said:

Email. I just noticed that it was an email from my POI that looked a lot like an official email... So I confirmed that an official email is to follow. Sorry for the confusion.

Ah cool, thank you. I'd been told by my school's career center to not contact profs beforehand, were we supposed to for this program? Oops ? 

1 minute ago, skippinglives said:

Ah cool, thank you. I'd been told by my school's career center to not contact profs beforehand, were we supposed to for this program? Oops ? 

Haha I think it depends from prof to prof. But I'm currently a postbac at NIH and my POI is on the same floor as me. 

UMichigan (Neuroscience Direct) finished reviewing their applications last week and extended their invitations by phone last Friday. The few who couldn't be reached by phone will be emailed this week, but otherwise, the admissions coordinator I spoke to said that another round of interview invitations will not be expected...

38 minutes ago, zzzz233 said:

AHHHHHHH I got another one from Harvard PiNNNNNNNNNNNN.

Their interview dates are Jan 17 to 20!

Any idea if they were sent all at once? Still holding out hope...

18 minutes ago, maya123z said:

Any idea if they were sent all at once? Still holding out hope...

A friend of mine in the program said the admissions director is still sending out emails. I am not very optimistic tbh but at least wait till the end of the day EST. Let's pray for each other :(

Waiting to hear back from Upenn (CAMB), Princeton (Neuro), UC Davis (IGG/Neuro), UCSD (Neuro), Texas A&M (Neuro), Duke (Neuro). Already heard about Duke invites being sent out but would love any updates if anyone has heard back from the others so I can stop constantly checking my emails! :)