2019 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admission Results

veldter

1 minute ago, aspiringscientist said:

Thank you!!! and in defence of the neuro programs, I think there are a lot more people interested in neuro than my specific specialization choice of developmental bio, so they probably just have a lot more applications to comb through, you'll all hear back in the next month I'm sure!!!

Yea yea I totally understand.. It's just stressful to me about scheduling. I feel bad if I have to decline some programs' invitations. And I will feel extra bad if I accept their invitations first then decline later due to other schools who send out invitations later... Guess I should stop being so hesitating since there's nothing I can really do about it..

12 minutes ago, aspiringscientist said:

Hey, I received a Stanford invite for Dev Bio yesterday, but the home programs all run on their own schedule. I don't even think Dev Bio is done sending invites honestly. Don't get freaked out because a few people heard - looking at the results page it seems like a small number trickle in around this time but then the vast majority of biosciences invites go out around Jan 10.

Okay, thank you for letting me know! And congratulations on all of your interviews!!

:)

4 hours ago, charmingdiary said:

I think I'm gonna get off GradCafe...haven't heard from any schools and I'm bummed out.

Best of luck to those who got interviews!

Don't lose hope just yet! I have it on good word from a UCLA graduate that their committee still has to review applications well into January. Honestly, a lot of programs are probably the same. They probably want to take a break for the holidays and then re-convene to make decisions without the pressure of the holidays. 

I haven't seen anyone on this forum applying to Thomas Jefferson's biomedical science phd program, but just in case...

Letting you guys know that they sent out interview invites today: Jan 24/25 and Feb.7/8 are the dates 

Applied: UCSF (neuro), Pitt (CNUP), Thomas Jefferson (BMS), Weill Cornell (neuro), Icahn (neuro), Albert Einstein (BMS), UW-Madison (Neuro) 

Interview (2/7): Pitt (CNUP), Thomas Jefferson University (BMS)
Rejected (3/7): UW-Madison (neuro), Icahn (neuro), UCSF (neuro) 
Accepted (0/7):      
Waitlisted (0/7): 

Edited by dani0305

I just got an interview from Weill Cornell neuro (feb 6-8th) which conflicts with the interview weekend for UVA (biology) that I’ve already committed to. Worst part is that the alternative Cornell weekend is the same as umass medical, which I have also already registered for. Any advice or thoughts if Cornell might let me come anytime other than those 2 weekends? Weill is one of my top choices so I need to make it work there. Thanks, and congrats to everyone who has received interviews so far. 

1 hour ago, Ptow said:

I just got an interview from Weill Cornell neuro (feb 6-8th) which conflicts with the interview weekend for UVA (biology) that I’ve already committed to. Worst part is that the alternative Cornell weekend is the same as umass medical, which I have also already registered for. Any advice or thoughts if Cornell might let me come anytime other than those 2 weekends? Weill is one of my top choices so I need to make it work there. Thanks, and congrats to everyone who has received interviews so far. 

You can always ask for Skype accommodations. But in many cases, they will make you choose and you'll have to prioritize.

11 hours ago, Ptow said:

If Cornell is your first choice, prioritize it. Don't Skype in for your first choice, it could decrease your chances. Have you booked flights for UVA and UMass yet? Contact those schools and see if you can reschedule those to alternative dates.