2019 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admission Results

veldter

12 hours ago, sunnyyiu627 said:

Sorry for being unclear, I mean applicants who have been shortlisted for the interview.

My guess is yes, I know at least 2 others who have gotten calls. But they may still be calling more since the email hasn’t gone out yet. 

I personally didn’t hear from UCLA, but there are 6 responses on the Results page, 3 from Dec 20 and 3 from Jan 7. It seems like there were 2 waves of interview emails. Hope that helps! Otherwise, I’m not sure. Good luck :)

On 1/15/2019 at 12:08 PM, maya123z said:

Looks like it, yes. It’s actually from Stanford Biosciences as a whole, not just neuro. 

Hi do you know if Stanford has done sending emails to everyone? Haven't heard anything from them. Thx!

27 minutes ago, CindyO_O said:

Hi do you know if Stanford has done sending emails to everyone? Haven't heard anything from them. Thx!

I got the sense that all of the Stanford Biosciences programs were going out at the same time, though I could be wrong. I think in previous years they only sent out one round of invites. You can always email the program to check.

Quick question and kind of random ? I’m from a pretty small college (like super small! I can walk the whole place with my eyes closed ?), and in a couple days it’s going to be my first time going to a “big” university for an interview weekend! I was wondering if I have to find all the interview locations myself or if there’s going to be someone to help me? I looked at the school map, and some of the locations seem pretty far from each other. I’m really worried about being late to an interview if I get lost ☹️ Is anyone else in the same boat as I am? 

2 hours ago, katcz324 said:

Quick question and kind of random ? I’m from a pretty small college (like super small! I can walk the whole place with my eyes closed ?), and in a couple days it’s going to be my first time going to a “big” university for an interview weekend! I was wondering if I have to find all the interview locations myself or if there’s going to be someone to help me? I looked at the school map, and some of the locations seem pretty far from each other. I’m really worried about being late to an interview if I get lost ☹️ Is anyone else in the same boat as I am? 

When I did my first interview last week, they had current students leading us around the whole time. In fact, I still don't know where anything is since I never had to look at a map! I think this is typical, but again it's the only one I've been on so I'm not sure.

2 hours ago, katcz324 said:

I am also from a really small school and am interviewing at big places! There should be some sort of student representative that will guide you to where you're supposed to go... I highly doubt they expect you to get everywhere with no help. They will probably give you an itinerary and there will likely be lots of people listed on it who can help you or even walk with you to each stop! 

Hi everyone! Anyone know if University of Rochester is done sending out invites? I connected with them at SfN and even had a lovely skype with one of the faculty... I was hoping for an interview but no word yet... I see in the results some interviews went out. Anyone got any info?